AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-17, 19:46   Link #5461
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Then there's the mysterious Rusty Mackenzie who is killed in the first of SEED without even getting a line. Was there somebody famous going to voice him but he quitted at the last minute and said "Kill him"?
Doubt it. They just needed an excuse as to why only four Gundams were captured instead of all five, so Kira could acquire the last. So, five pilots, but one gets killed. Sounds simple enough to me.
Old 2012-11-17, 20:28   Link #5462
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
The Astray series made them more related by having Durandal as one of the guys behind the Ultimate Coordinator project. He knows of Kira's potential and wanted to have him at his side to develop it, but he later sees him as an enemy he must kill to carry out his Destiny Plan. In the finale, his comments about Kira already hinted he knew about his origins although it was obvious considering that Rey also knew.
However, the Astray mangas are secondary canon, as they're not written by Fukuda/Morosawa/Seed-Seed Destiny writing staff.
Old 2012-11-18, 01:43   Link #5463
Destined_Fate

Stargazer getting a blu-ray?

Anyway, does anyone think they're trying to revive CE? Maybe for that "not" cancelled movie?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 03:07   Link #5464
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
However, the Astray mangas are secondary canon, as they're not written by Fukuda/Morosawa/Seed-Seed Destiny writing staff.
It is the next best thing.. More so than other non official works and the video games.
So for the conversations we have here I think they can be used for reference.
Old 2012-11-18, 07:06   Link #5465
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
It's about the circumstances of how Nicol died that changed; instead of Kira acting on self-defense, Nicol suicided himself by walking into Kira's sword, thus making it more of Nicol's fault than Kira.
I know about the strange change in how Blitz is destroyed. That's why I kinda confused with your term "Nicol swinging first", since there's nothing strange with Blitz swinging its lancer dart first (unlike "Greedo shoots first" in Star Wars).
Old 2012-11-18, 09:40   Link #5466
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well give GS era is like 10yrs already yet it still got it give how some say the GS era is this generation or answer to finally match level of the uc gundam days.

yet still continue will other gundam try to stop era of GS in those the 00-ver rated & PG-age gundam just were failed experiments.

in now still really way going if plan another gundam series either they go do something really like a FEMALE MAIN LEAD gundam pilot or expect the full return of GS era.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:22   Link #5467
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I know about the strange change in how Blitz is destroyed. That's why I kinda confused with your term "Nicol swinging first", since there's nothing strange with Blitz swinging its lancer dart first (unlike "Greedo shoots first" in Star Wars).
Next up in Gundam Seed Destiny: Shinn's family running into Freedom's beam.

Actually scratch that, they are going to run into Calamity's missaimed beam! Or have the forbidden deflect one of Freedoms, and have Shinn's famliy run into that!

Joking aside, im excited over the Destiny's remaster, i really, really hope they replace alot of stock footage for actual new ones so you could enjoy the action ab it more instead of having the feeling that you are rewatching Seed.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:31   Link #5468
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Doubt it. They just needed an excuse as to why only four Gundams were captured instead of all five, so Kira could acquire the last. So, five pilots, but one gets killed. Sounds simple enough to me.
It's weird considering he was given his detailed character design and a mentioned personality in the compilation films that were supposed to trim the story and not expand it. He is remembered in the Special Edition endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Stargazer getting a blu-ray?

Anyway, does anyone think they're trying to revive CE? Maybe for that "not" cancelled movie?
Looks like that. I mean two HD TV series, a video game, that CGI remake of Destiny's first opening, new action figures, and a new manga titled "Gundam SEED Re:" Some sites say that SEED Re: is supervised by one of the writers from the TV series.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2012-11-18 at 10:46.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:37   Link #5469
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Next up in Gundam Seed Destiny: Shinn's family running into Freedom's beam.

Actually scratch that, they are going to run into Calamity's missaimed beam! Or have the forbidden deflect one of Freedoms, and have Shinn's famliy run into that!
They'll stick with the Phase 20 retcon of Shinn's family killed only by the Calamity, because they (the writers and/or Kira's fans) still want to portray the EA as LOL PUPPY-KICKING EVIL, and Kira as "Jesus Yamato".
Old 2012-11-18, 10:53   Link #5470
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
They'll stick with the Phase 20 retcon of Shinn's family killed only by the Calamity, because they (the writers and/or Kira's fans) still want to portray the EA as LOL PUPPY-KICKING EVIL, and Kira as "Jesus Yamato".
If so they completely ruined it when they made Kira kill Stella (or when he destroyed Durandal's ship and try to shoot him)
Old 2012-11-18, 11:04   Link #5471
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Honestly im pretty psyched over the destiny remaster, even if its not a remake, i really hope they use the budget to remove stock footage, because if they don't i can't see the point in remastering destiny, lol.

Quote:
If so they completely ruined it when they made Kira kill Stella (or when he destroyed Durandal's ship and try to shoot him)
don't you mean when the Destroy tripped into Freedom's beam sabers?

Old 2012-11-18, 11:04   Link #5472
I Fail at Life

That's what their not going to be focusing on. What they will try to do, is have Destiny's ep 34 be SEED's Remaster 27.

By making someone either look Better or Worse. I see it.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 11:06   Link #5473
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Well, they could change the Freedompreparestoslashduel'scockpit and REMASTER that scene, other than that the fight was fine.

... but you are probably right.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:01   Link #5474
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
That's what their not going to be focusing on. What they will try to do, is have Destiny's ep 34 be SEED's Remaster 27.

By making someone either look Better or Worse. I see it.
I don't think that's possible considering how SEED's remaster 27 ended looking the same but with Nicole actually trying to use a weapon to fight. I mean, unarmed Nicole was really dumb for a Gundam scene.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:09   Link #5475
I Fail at Life

Quote:
I don't think that's possible considering how SEED's remaster 27 ended looking the same but with Nicole actually trying to use a weapon to fight. I mean, unarmed Nicole was really dumb for a Gundam scene.
You would think, their going to add or remove "something" in that episode. Why not add... to the only fight in SEED/Destiny, where you broke your own Laws, Physics and Rules of your own Universe.... Just so the victor could win. Oh Please! Show us how great this Remaster is gonna be.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 16:36   Link #5476
Washu-Chan