Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-08-11, 16:04   Link #181
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anigu View Post
I didn't know the PV mentioned this. Maybe we do have a "surprise" factor here after all.
That's what she blatantly says during her introduction sequence. Asuka and Kotone have more "mundane" intro, but Itaru went ahead with that.
Old 2012-08-11, 16:35   Link #182
Iron Maw
Banned

Wow @ the PV! Shaft with a budget? What's this world coming too?!

Seriously great looking stuff, unfortunately it really does seem like your "typical" Magical Girl show. I will withhold judgement on it for now, but I'm not too pleased on that front.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 18:48   Link #183
U<3Anime
Boo!

Can Shaft really keep up with this level of animation quality? Don't they have problems keeping up with their production schedules? >_>
Old 2012-08-11, 21:16   Link #184
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Can Shaft really keep up with this level of animation quality? Don't they have problems keeping up with their production schedules? >_>
Well Madoka did make them quite a bit of cash so maybe they're going to put it to good uses?
Old 2012-08-12, 00:55   Link #185
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

people having doubts should check the anime episode of kid icarus made by shaft the animation and character design looks very similar to the PV one, and there isn't much "shaft style" in it other that a few head tilts, and indeed a solid animation.
Old 2012-08-12, 05:38   Link #186
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Shaft quality is always troll. To be honest, that animation quality was pretty normal for Shaft. That PV is just excluding all the slide-shows + fail sakuga on long shot angle that usual Shaft always have lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
people having doubts should check the anime episode of kid icarus made by shaft the animation and character design looks very similar to the PV one, and there isn't much "shaft style" in it other that a few head tilts, and indeed a solid animation.
This PV screams Shaft...

Last edited by applejuice; 2012-08-12 at 05:51.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 15:21   Link #187
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well Madoka did make them quite a bit of cash so maybe they're going to put it to good uses?
Keeping up animation quality involves abit more than just throwing money at it...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 15:24   Link #188
Midonin
Last Engage

I want Shaft to keep their weird visual tricks. The symbolic camera cuts and the strange filters applied, the general sense that you're looking at an art collage. That's the style I associate with them, and even if they do have more money, they should remain consistent with their image. That weirdness is what made me come to love them in the first place.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 15:54   Link #189
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Wow @ the PV! Shaft with a budget? What's this world coming too?!

Seriously great looking stuff, unfortunately it really does seem like your "typical" Magical Girl show. I will withhold judgement on it for now, but I'm not too pleased on that front.
With Shaft, the cake is a lie, always.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 16:56   Link #190
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Pretty good PV. It basically looked like a really fun mahou shoujo show, which is what I hope this will turn out to be. Not a fan of Madoka, and I really thought that show was at its best when they made something as close as to what a normal mahou shoujo episode would have been (the one showing how Homura got started in stuff), so... here's hoping.

Of course, it helped that the episode in question had Imamura and Abe working on it, if my mind isn't playing tricks on me, and thus we had a lot of really great looking stuff, but if this PV's any indication, this looks like SHAFT not being lazy. You can still see their little tricks all around the place, but it doesn't feel like they're having to rush their stuff due to scheduling and all, and there's a much more elaborate look to stuff that usually seems to get half-assed like backgrounds etc.

Oh, and I really like Kantoku's character designs. Good stuff. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the project to see how it turns out.
Old 2012-08-13, 20:34   Link #191
sirn
田舎者言うな

Full PV is now uploaded at the official website.

...or

Spoiler for ahem:
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 21:46   Link #192
ivari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGP2jcVZIlM

Youtube link.
ivari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 21:52   Link #193
Midonin
Last Engage

I can see some of the visual tricks Shaft used for Madoka in there (good, keep that weirdness flowing. Never stop!) But it also looks to have much more in common with Precure than Madoka. They even have traditional transformation sequences. I am one ultra happy man.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 23:51   Link #194
VampirePaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I can see some of the visual tricks Shaft used for Madoka in there (good, keep that weirdness flowing. Never stop!) But it also looks to have much more in common with Precure than Madoka. They even have traditional transformation sequences. I am one ultra happy man.
Please, tell me saying you are "ultra happy" and Pretty Cure in the same paragraph was intentional.
VampirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 00:04   Link #195
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Way I see this show now, is it is Madoka but without the grim and dark side.

Well what ever they do decide to do all I can say is I'm very much interested and looking forward to what's to come.
The curiosity in finding out what they will do is right up there, they are playing on past success pretty damn well.
Old 2012-08-14, 00:21   Link #196
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivari View Post
Wow, PV with clear audio, properly focused camera and without people getting in the way constantly looks gorgeous.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 05:37   Link #197
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I dunno if it is me, but the design for the beach sequence is noticeanbly different (particularly Itaru's eyes and cheeks).
Speaking of her, her seiyuu is most likely Mimori Suzuko.
Old 2012-08-14, 05:44   Link #198
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

It seems there was a clear difference in art quality between the first part and the second part of the trailer. I suppose the 2nd part would be more what a full TV series would look like.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 05:48   Link #199
Sol Falling

Holy fuck dat PV. Holy fuck. When is this airing? 2013 is too far away.

Anyway, on all the speculation in this thread. Madoka Magica was basically carried by Urobochi's writing. That's not going to be the case here; Prism Nana will be carried instead by Shinbo's directing. Also, the contrast of Urobochi's themes versus Aoki Ume's character design largely fixed the aesthetic of Madoka Magica; while Madoka Magica was weighty and thought-provoking, it never once really evoked a sense of "fun". Kantoku's more conventional (though still unique and appealing) character design combined with the lack of that contrast is gonna give Shinbo more scope for more spontaneous "creativity", creating what I largely think will be a more engaging and "fun" show to watch.

Prism Nana will inevitably be a lesser seller than Madoka Magica but I have hopes that it will be a more artistically accomplished/captivating show. Anybody already writing Prism Nana off as a "conventional" mahou shoujo is gonna get a laugh from me though because:
  1. You can never call anything Shaft/Shinbo does as conventional, and
  2. You can already see in the PV pointers towards an artistic treatment of the theme of "dreams"

Anyway, I really hope this is a standard TV series and not some OVAs. I want at least the standard 12-13 episodes.

Ahhh, I am seriously starved for some SHAFT after two seasons. I hope Honeycomb manages to blow me away.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 06:50   Link #200
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm already in love with Kotone.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote