AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-05-06, 14:46   Link #20641
Hazou
Immortal Flames

@Ganbaru: 8/10 the colors compliment each other very well. I like how you seemed to have taken a still and able to add movement to it. I do think I agree with everyone else, the text is pretty hard to read and I think at least this is more of a personal taste. I think it detracts from what you do have going on.

@Kirito: 9/10 Very well balanced, its always hard to do signatures with multiple figures, but you have managed to balance them out very well.

@Isuckatwriting: 7/10 it's very simple. Not that it is bad, I think you have a nice border. But there really isn't much going on the signature.

@blacksheath: 7/10 J.J. Abrams got into your photoshop while you were away. I also think the font is to hard to read and there needs to be overall smoothness.

@Triple R: 8/10 very good composition. Once again lovely balance of the use of two characters. All though I agree the font is a little distracting with the white and ends up being the main focus of the signature.

@delorean220: 10/10 Hahahahahah! I remember that part of the comic and anime.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 06:39   Link #20642
BotchkosVertigo
Wilting Member

6/10
To me the colors in the background do not match the man, however they do look fine with each other. The right side is also plain and not shaded, which makes it seem unbalanced.
Old 2014-05-08, 07:30   Link #20643
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

delorean2200 8,3/10 not bad
Hazou 8,4/10 good focus
BotchkosVertigo 7,9/10 the render and the background don't work well together.
Old 2014-05-08, 08:00   Link #20644
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

@Triple_R 9.1/10 2 hot girls in the same sig always scores high with me lol
@ganbaru 5/10 used way too much grainy effects, cant read the text
@BotchkosVertigo 6/10 gotta agree with ganbaru
@blakstealth 3/10 the lens flare and text makes the sig look really bad, maybe just have the picture by itself
@iSuckAtWriting 8.9/10 sometimes nice and simple just works! nice job. how do you get the text to show there?
Old 2014-05-11, 05:19   Link #20645
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

It's been ages since I've been here..

ganbaru: 8.5/10 Good blending as always
Om Nerabdator: 9/10 Great quality
Hazou: 8/10 the quality seems slightly off and perhaps a border?
delorean2200: 8.6/10 ahh the classic takes me back
Triple_R: 8.8/10 good lighting

Please rate what you guys think of this!

Before you say anything, yes I've been trying to follow the footsteps of Patchy-sama, and I know some of you will see it as a bad way. I've been practising different techniques and tried using different ideas for the past couple weeks.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-05-11, 06:00   Link #20646
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytonis View Post

Please rate what you guys think of this!

Before you say anything, yes I've been trying to follow the footsteps of Patchy-sama, and I know some of you will see it as a bad way. I've been practising different techniques and tried using different ideas for the past couple weeks.

Images
The one thing i didnt like about patchys last group of sigs is that they were unusable on this forum.
But the quality of your sigs i guess is about 80% of patchys quality which is saying alot about how good they are ^^
Old 2014-05-11, 09:03   Link #20647
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

blakstealth: 6/10 It's a shame I can't really see the image due to the light flares, the text needs a bit of work too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
The one thing i didnt like about patchys last group of sigs is that they were unusable on this forum.
But the quality of your sigs i guess is about 80% of patchys quality which is saying alot about how good they are ^^
Thanks man, it means alot to me
Old 2014-05-11, 09:30   Link #20648
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytonis View Post

Images
They are pretty good, but it still needs work IMO. I'd rate all of them a 7/10

For starters, the cons. First, it lacks depth. Secondly, the background. IMO, the flow lacked. To be exact, The render doesn't transition well with the background. It feels like you just pasted them together and then added in effects. Lastly, the light effects. If you looked at it properly, you can see where the effects get cut off. I think you just didn't notice when you rotated it. Play with the eraser tool more.

On the plus side, the text is great. The font, color and its placing. Same goes with the render, Good placing!

I hope you don't take my criticism too much. We all have flaws. Let's work hard to lessen them
btw, There's nothing wrong with having an inspiration or a basis for your works. As long as you yourself made it, there's nothing to worry about.

EDIT:
I haven't done something in a long time. This makes me jealous a bit

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 11:26   Link #20649
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Om Nerabdator 8,5/10 eye catching, especially because of the colors
Krytonis 8,7/10 there's not much more to say after Frailty's and Om Nerabdator's rating. As signatures, I think than they are too high, not because of the forum's rules but because the focus end up being too dispersed.
Old 2014-05-11, 12:15   Link #20650
Tasuke Shichiri
♥Mikuru Asahina♥

ganbaru 10/10 ♥so sweet♥
Old 2014-05-11, 19:51   Link #20651
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
delorean2200: 9/10 Hilarious sig. Nice classic anime reference. Well done!
Hazou: 8.6/10 The face is fine and well-positioned, but I agree with BotchkosVertigo about the background shading.
BotchkosVertigo 8.7/10 Charming dog/fox. Solid background
Om Nerabdator 8.8/10 Excellent color palette. Good checkerboard background. Good job matching it with your avatar.
Krytonis: 8.8/10 Good lighting to you too.
Frailty: 8.9/10 She looks awesomely imposing. Good dramatic sig.
Tasuke Shichiri: 8.8/10 Very pretty. I like the sky blue text.

Edit: Krytonis, your three BRS images look great to me, but judging by other comments on them, maybe I'm not the best person to judge this (of the criticisms other members made, the only one I'm really seeing myself is the lack of depth). Personally, I think either one would make an excellent desktop background if enlarged.

Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on my sig before. Especially to Om Nerabdator for appreciating it for the same reason I do.
Old 2014-05-12, 00:52   Link #20652
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Triple_R Their body language shows intertwined fingers. I would have moved one of the text lines to another corner though. 8.1/10
Tasuke Shichiri Slight quality issue, it could use a border. 7.8/10
ganbaru Painting, water color, delicious. 8.4/10
Frailty Widescreen effect, maybe the text could use its own border? 8.2/10
Krytonis Has just enough balance with the text placement. 8.3/10
Om Nerabdator A picture that busy should be nothing but a clusterfuck, but it works. 8.3/10
BotchkosVertigo Borderless look working. 8.25/10
Hazou Bring up the focus if you can, and a widescreen effect might accentuate his look more. 8/10
delorean2200 I just thought of Ore no Inuyasha. Damn it. 8.4/10
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 18:14   Link #20653
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^It's okay but doesn't really catch your attention as it features no special effects, and you can barely make out the text from the bg. 6/10

Ps. I see the thread is still quite dead
Old 2014-05-22, 18:33   Link #20654
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Dist: 8.8 Great fiery sig. But then, I am biased, as red is my favorite color, and your sig has a lot of glorious red. Is that sig based on any anime show?

This thread's activity (or lack thereof) probably depends a lot on how many people are trying out new sigs at any given time.

From what I can tell, a fair number of people turn over their sigs once every few months, often in response to a new anime show. Right now we're about half-way through an anime season, so most new sig changes based on new anime shows probably happened 2 to 4 weeks ago. You'll probably see this thread pick up a bit early in the Summer season.
Old 2014-05-23, 01:28   Link #20655
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Dist: 8.9/10 its a nice sig though the white part of the border sort of feels out of place imho in the overall image.
Old 2014-05-23, 07:14   Link #20656
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Dist 8,7/10 I like the background very much.
delorean2200 8,2/10 the girls don't look as if they are part of the same picture than the background at all.
Old 2014-05-24, 17:38   Link #20657
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Triple R: 6.9\10
delorean2200: 5\10
ganbaru: 7\10
Old 2014-05-25, 03:11   Link #20658
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

ganbaru: 8.3/10 hmm.... i hope i formulate this right, i like the colors but the texturized effect gives the image a bit of a low quality effect sort to speak, especially the render imho.
ArabianLuffy: 8.6/10 nice blend there.
Old 2014-05-25, 06:36   Link #20659
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

ArabianLuffy 8,8/10 looking great, remind me of some of Patchy's early work.
delorean2200 8,3/10 have the same issue than your previous one
Old 2014-05-25, 20:43   Link #20660
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Dist: 8.8 Great fiery sig. But then, I am biased, as red is my favorite color, and your sig has a lot of glorious red. Is that sig based on any anime show?

This thread's activity (or lack thereof) probably depends a lot on how many people are trying out new sigs at any given time.
You're partially right, but there's also the obvious fact that there's way less active members posting.. Or is it just for this thread in particular? Back in the day when I was active too, this thread would have several replies per day. Now you have to be lucky to get one reply per week. Also the similar Avatar thread is completely dead now ..

The signature rotation for me has been characters from Elsword (it's a 2D game) for quite few months now. This time's no different. So not really an anime, no. Props to rikikai who made this and all the others too. These were made for another forum with much bigger size, so the AS version doesn't really do them justice imo.

@ganbaru .. 7/10. Too much white as well as text to my liking.

@ArabianLuffy .. That looks pretty damn nice even though I don't really like Pokemon. The style seems patchy-ish .. Coincidence? 8/10

Tags
rate, signature