Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 15:33   Link #1321
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
luckily both Ayase and Ruri seem to understand this.
Ayase: Kirino is also mine!
Ruri: Kirino is a close friend.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 20:59   Link #1322
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I read the last seven pages and I finally understood the maelstrom that ripped apart every community that has been following the Oreimo series.

Shokuzai no Serenade have never been so fitting a theme song for this ultimate battle for Kyousuke.

And welp, there's a time traveler on /a/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous, on Fri Nov 12, 2010, 11:20:02, Post No.42343520
Brotip: Manami is the final boss.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 21:07   Link #1323
Sumeragi
Banned

That has been one of the earliest theories since the series began. What was special was that almost no one expected it to have happened the way it did.
Old 2012-09-12, 21:18   Link #1324
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, the author really gave a pretty equal enough chance for each of the four main pairings (xKirino, xAyase, xRuri and xManami) to develop. But yes, very few actually expected this bomb to explode.

Right now, they are comparing Manami's actions to a combination of Nao and Iinchou from Yosuga no Sora.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-09-12, 21:18   Link #1325
Philos
Official Siscon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
luckily both Ayase and Ruri seem to understand this.
It's true that both Kirino's close friends seem to understand. But I don't think Ayase can accept Kirino's true feeling like Kuroneko. Kuroneko said she don't mind if Kyousuke has sex with Kirino because that is what Kirino wishes, but Ayase will absolutely oppose about this. I wonder what's her reaction if Ayase knows Kirino wants to have sex with her brother.
Old 2012-09-12, 21:21   Link #1326
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos View Post
It's true that both Kirino's close friends seem to understand. But I don't think Ayase can accept Kirino's true feeling like Kuroneko. Kuroneko said she don't mind if Kyousuke has sex with Kirino because that is what Kirino wishes, but Ayase will absolutely oppose about this. I wonder what's her reaction if Ayase knows Kirino wants to have sex with her brother.
I don't know... if the way to "get" Kirino is to allow her to "share" Kyousuke, I think Ayase may come around to it...

(Not entirely serious... but not entirely joking either... )
Old 2012-09-12, 21:36   Link #1327
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos View Post
Keep in mind Kuroneko is quite a bit of a troller. She says things to watch the reaction they get. I always try to keep in mind *who* Kuroneko is saying things to.

Ayase would probably blame Kyousuke for corrupting Kirino <rofl>.
Old 2012-09-12, 22:43   Link #1328
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

「仕方ないことなんかなぁ、この世に一個だってねーんだよ!」 -> Not sure about translation (Kyousuke?)
「学校に行ったら負けだと思っている」 -> "I remember experiencing defeat at school" (Kirino?)
「その謎のペットボトルは…まさか…おまえ禁断の行為を…!」 -> "That mysterious plastic bottle... it can't be... are you planning something indecent...!" (Ayase?)
「『凄いお兄ちゃん』なんて、最初からいなかったんだよ」 -> "That "cool onii-chan" that you admired didn't even exist." (Manami)
「そんなことで、お兄ちゃんを嫌いになるわけないじゃん」 -> "Well, it's not like I hate onii-chan or anything!" (Kirino?)
「だから。あたしは、あんたのことが嫌いになったんだよ」 -> "That's why, I will, hate you" (Kirino?)

Old 2012-09-12, 22:48   Link #1329
Sumeragi
Banned

「そんなことで、お兄ちゃんを嫌いになるわけないじゃん」 -> "Well, it's not like I would hate onii-chan or anything for that!"
「だから。あたしは、あんたのことが嫌いになったんだよ」 -> "That's why I started to hate you."
Old 2012-09-12, 22:54   Link #1330
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Thanks. Does those two lines happen before and after, or during Manami's "soapbox" scene?

Old 2012-09-12, 23:09   Link #1331
Philos
Official Siscon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think this should be "I think it's kind of lose if I go to school."
Spoiler for Vol.11 Spoiler:

Quote:
「その謎のペットボトルは…まさか…おまえ禁断の行為を…!」 -> "That mysterious plastic bottle... it can't be... are you planning something indecent...!" (Ayase?)
Guess from word "おまえ" I think this should be said by Kyousuke, because "おまえ" is not a polite word. If it's Ayase she will use word "あなた" instead.
Quote:
^ Thanks. Does those two lines happen before and after, or during Manami's "soapbox" scene?
IMO, the first one is before and the second one is after.
Spoiler for vol.11 spoiler:

Last edited by Philos; 2012-09-12 at 23:22.
Philos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 03:37   Link #1332
UmiMizuno

Were there any particular moments with Ayase in volume 11 that really stood out? I'm just curious if the author dropped any hints in her favor.
UmiMizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 10:34   Link #1333
Maugomale

New interview (NSFW ads):

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51359718.html

Anybody willing to translate? Fushimi's feedback is always interesting to read
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:46   Link #1334
jasonhan416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
New interview (NSFW ads):

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51359718.html

Anybody willing to translate? Fushimi's feedback is always interesting to read
Just use google translate.
I use Google chrome which allows me to auto-translate almost all the japanese texts in Korean.
Most of translation in Korean is accurate because Korean and Japanese have same grammar structure.
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:54   Link #1335
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes, but how many of us actually know Korean? I think among Animesuki Oreimo fans it's you and me.
Old 2012-09-13, 19:17   Link #1336
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
"I'd feel like I'd lost if I went to school." It's a take on the famous "働いたら負け" (I'd feel like I'd lost if I worked) line spouted by a NEET in a documentary on why some people choose not to work. "Lost" as in "bowed to the pressures of society/entered the rat race/lost to The Man" etc. You can get more info by Googling the original line.

I think Nagi in Hayate no Gotoku has also spoofed that line before, probably along the same lines as whoever spoke it in OreImo.
Old 2012-09-13, 21:49   Link #1337
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Wow... after reading the spoilers, comments and speculations... I'm a bit shocked about Manami... I always thought that Manami will be the final boss and I always thought that she had something to do with the estrangement between the Kousaka siblings but I will admit I've never thought in these regards... Minami deserves the title of the Final Boss in this series...

I was always torn between Manami and Ayase to be what I want as the end girl... well, it tips the scale to Manami because I always see Manami supporting Kyousuke ever since and just always on the sidelines but I never thought she had her motives... Manami was always in control... it was like she had Kyousuke at the palm of her hand...

Minami had already planned everything out from the start... and years ago for that... when she discovered Kirino's feeling for her brother, she made her move and tried to destroy if not halt Kirino's blooming admiration that might develop to love... and when the mishap in Sakurai's case and the class blaming Kyousuke for it and further adding the death of Kyousuke's grandparent, she found the perfect opportunity to somehow brainwash Kyousuke to be just the normal boy she wants him to be... I think Minami believes that the former Kyousuke can easily attract rivals for her... I don't think that Minami wants Kyousuke to be that way because she likes it but just as long as she can secure him for herself... I will not say that she is evil for doing that but I just think she's madly in love with him to be able to do that... well, everything is fair in love and war or something like that... she has it all going smoothly and she gets to be the kind and considerate and trustworthy childhood friend or obaa~chan for Kyousuke....

But who would have thought that eroge will change everything... that the chance of Kyousuke finding a Meruru CD case containing an eroge inside will destroy Minami's Ultimate Plan... Banzai!!! Eroge!!! Banzai!!! EROGE changes lives!!!

Eroge becomes the bridge between the Kousaka siblings... they, little by little, become closer again... eroge expanded their little world... they meet new friends... they get to know each others friends... they get to have adventures together... as the result of this, Kirino's admiration to her brother reignited and Kyousuke regaining himself... and comes the flood of rivals for Manami to handle... I think she still tries to salvage the situation by being somehow related to each and every rivals but the time had come for Kyousuke to be choosing for himself...

As of me now... I'm rooting for an Ayase ending... Ayase's yandere tendency is a bit scary but compared to Manami... she's just dust in the wind...

For my reasons for an Ayase end...

Kirino loves and don't want to lose Ayase... Ayase loves onii~chan, Ayase loves Kirino and she states that she will get both... Kyousuke did said he wants to marry Ayase... and if ever Kirino and I mean if ever Kirino wants a threesome... I think Ayase is all for it... and for Kyousuke... he's just a lucky bastard if that happens...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 23:42   Link #1338
Sumeragi
Banned

Spoiler for Oreimo Team Interview Edited Summary, Part 1:
Old 2012-09-13, 23:56   Link #1339
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
It was plagiarizing Baccano!.
(All laughs)
What does this mean? Does this involve the introduction of Sakurai?
(I'm suspecting that it has something to do with reverse foreshadowing.)

Old 2012-09-13, 23:57   Link #1340
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes, you are correct.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings