AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-02, 22:05   Link #2241
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
... I won't be on the onemanga forums for a while. I got a new laptop and had issues logging in, so I reset my password... and now I can't log in from any pc. Keep getting a wrong username/password error followed by a used up quota message, even though I only tried logging in one time. :\ Contacted them about it, but still waiting on a reply. Not sure what's going on-- if it's on my end or theirs.
Its got to be on their end. I just tried 3 times to sign up for an account with a FAIL result each time, so I gave up. Nice customer experience there folks...
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 05:36   Link #2242
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
I'm definitely dropping this shit if Kento gets Shou again.
At this point that's the only thing that can elicit my legitimate rage.
Old 2011-03-03, 09:32   Link #2243
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I'm all for people deserving second chances, however in fiction an author would send the wrong message here by redeeming Shou's ex bf, especially as a female author of a work that's targeted at a teenage readership. That'd be just wrong. It would be ok if Shou forgave him but they just stay friends - anything farther than that is definite premium facepalm material.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 09:47   Link #2244
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I'm all for people deserving second chances, however in fiction an author would send the wrong message here by redeeming Shou's ex bf, especially as a female author of a work that's targeted at a teenage readership. That'd be just wrong. It would be ok if Shou forgave him but they just stay friends - anything farther than that is definite premium facepalm material.
Yeah, I could handle them just being friends. But becoming lovers again would just be bad. He did something horrible and yes, I believe in second chances as well, but there's some things that just shouldn't be forgiven and maliciously playing with someone's feelings like that is one of them.

@Mughi: Ah, thanks. I still can't get in and still no response from the message I sent. I've been on that site for over 2 years and really enjoy the community, so it sucks that I can't chat with my fellow forum goers. :\
Old 2011-03-03, 10:13   Link #2245
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

I'm not so sure about the Kento and Shou thing. If Shou goes back to him, it would appear to ME that sometimes people continue to make the same mistakes in life over and over without advancing emotionally, and be in stark contrast to Utsumi who is TRYING DESPARATELY to grow. We see this happen all of the time in relationships, particularly to girls who lack self confidence as Shou has exhibited. They keep going back to "the bad boy" while lamenting that they aren't going out with "someone nice like you..." It would be sad because it makes Shou a sacrificial lamb to make a point, but I think its a good point to make.

Quote:
...@Mughi: Ah, thanks. I still can't get in and still no response from the message I sent. I've been on that site for over 2 years and really enjoy the community, so it sucks that I can't chat with my fellow forum goers. :\
Yeah, I'd heard that and was hoping to lurk awhile to see what the buzz was. Ah well...
Old 2011-03-03, 16:15   Link #2246
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Yeah, I could handle them just being friends. But becoming lovers again would just be bad. He did something horrible and yes, I believe in second chances as well, but there's some things that just shouldn't be forgiven and maliciously playing with someone's feelings like that is one of them.

@Mughi: Ah, thanks. I still can't get in and still no response from the message I sent. I've been on that site for over 2 years and really enjoy the community, so it sucks that I can't chat with my fellow forum goers. :\

I agree, it just sends a bad message to the readers. You can be a cheating douche bag, and still get the girl in the end. It would be very distasteful if the mangaka has Shou get back with Kento
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 16:39   Link #2247
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I agree, it just sends a bad message to the readers. You can be a cheating douche bag, and still get the girl in the end. It would be very distasteful if the mangaka has Shou get back with Kento
Especially if the guy who was dead loyal to the girl he liked DOESN'T get her. It's like saying: girls do like bad boys who care nothing for a girl's feelings, and good guys only have their hand to play with. I swear, if this is what happens, I will condemn this manga for being offensive and drop it.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 09:17   Link #2248
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
It's like saying: girls do like bad boys who care nothing for a girl's feelings, and good guys only have their hand to play with. I swear, if this is what happens, I will condemn this manga for being offensive and drop it.
Hope I don't offend you by saying this, but from my experience many good girls like doucheface bad boys(probably has to to with my cultural envronment?), who treat em like dirt and then they run back to them with moe eyes and the cycle repeats.
I'm not that naive to entertain the thought all douchebags get the good girls, but it's not like it never happens; rather, it happens pretty often so I'd kinda understand if it happened.

I'd still be highly upset if she took back Kento though.
Old 2011-03-04, 09:27   Link #2249
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Hope I don't offend you by saying this, but from my experience many good girls like doucheface bad boys(probably has to to with my cultural envronment?), who treat em like dirt and then they run back to them with moe eyes and the cycle repeats.
I'm not that naive to entertain the thought all douchebags get the good girls, but it's not like it never happens; rather, it happens pretty often so I'd kinda understand if it happened.

I'd still be highly upset if she took back Kento though.
The fact they have that kind of preference just makes me think they're stupid if they do that. I'm not saying that about all of them, and it has been my experience as well that nice girls tend to go for the bad guys, at least those who are kind to others, smart but don't know what's good for them at the same time. There are those who do know and I can vouch for more than a few. But this author will be offensive if she goes on to reunite Kento with Shou (or Touru with Yuki). Not offensive to me because I could care less, but to herself because she's basically saying that there's two types of guys in the world:

- Good guys would do anything to make the girl feel good and happy about themselves but are too insecure to bring it out and end up making fool of themselves.

- Bad guys who do nothing to make the girl feel good and happy about themselves except for the sex and are so overconfident in their ability that they're like magnets for girls.

I really don't like that at all because the author is not just making stereotypes but she's also lowering herself as a writer and a person.
Old 2011-03-04, 09:32   Link #2250
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm guessing we're all goody two shoes guys here reminiscing about how that that biker dude chewing tobacco and flipping his switchblade stole our prom dates?

Eh I guess I do commiserate with the feeling. Happened to me once already.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 09:40   Link #2251
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm guessing we're all goody two shoes guys here reminiscing about how that that biker dude chewing tobacco and flipping his switchblade stole our prom dates?

Eh I guess I do commiserate with the feeling. Happened to me once already.
It hasn't happened to me personally, but I just can't understand what it is that girls find attractive in guys who believe girls are not worth their notice, they can do whatever they can with them whenever they want because they're just that awesome.

Anyways, I'll stop there because this is more to do with the dating thread. Bottom-line is, I'm dropping this manga if this sort of thing happens here. I'm already expecting Kento to go back with Shou, but I will drop this series entirely if Yuki breaks it off with Utsumi for whatever reason. I also don't like how Eri tried to get on with a douchebag herself and tried to do what she could to meet his twisted standards. Remember him? The guy who doesn't like virgins? I think the author's been sending out a clear message from the very beginning. Risa was so right, Utsumi would not be happy with Yuki when Yuki has such twisted preferences. The funny thing is that the author her is also implying that nice girls who like nice guys can't be happy either cuz all guys can be jerks even when they're nice
Old 2011-03-04, 11:25   Link #2252
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
- Good guys would do anything to make the girl feel good and happy about themselves but are too insecure to bring it out and end up making fool of themselves.

- Bad guys who do nothing to make the girl feel good and happy about themselves except for the sex and are so overconfident in their ability that they're like magnets for girls.

I really don't like that at all because the author is not just making stereotypes but she's also lowering herself as a writer and a person.
Butthis is a reality. In most cases girls prefer bad boys even if they are douchebags. They only go to good guys when they fucked most of their adventurous spirit out and just want peace security which happens at much later age stage.

In such case author is not lowering herself. She is just being realistic becaus ethats how real life runs.

Good guys always come the last when there is a bad guy in the competition. Don't know why myself but it happens like this all the time. There are few exceptions where good guy comes first but usually its the bad guy that is the first choice.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 12:42   Link #2253
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Butthis is a reality. In most cases girls prefer bad boys even if they are douchebags. They only go to good guys when they fucked most of their adventurous spirit out and just want peace security which happens at much later age stage.

In such case author is not lowering herself. She is just being realistic becaus ethats how real life runs.

Good guys always come the last when there is a bad guy in the competition. Don't know why myself but it happens like this all the time. There are few exceptions where good guy comes first but usually its the bad guy that is the first choice.
well as realistic as it might seem I get the feeling that Shou isn't that type of girl beside she's been wanting to get in bed with Utsumi for a while lol. The chances of Shou and Kento happening is low to me.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 13:31   Link #2254
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
well as realistic as it might seem I get the feeling that Shou isn't that type of girl beside she's been wanting to get in bed with Utsumi for a while lol. The chances of Shou and Kento happening is low to me.
Well she already choose the bad boy over the good guy now it remains to see if she returns back to the bad guy.

I mean in real life you can see wives or girlfriend get hurt by bad guys (alcohol or other stuff) and after suffering a while they break free start living happy independant life but then those shitheads return begging for forgiveness and nine times out of the ten they come back to that very same mess. I just don't get why, but it does happen very often in real life.
Old 2011-03-04, 13:42   Link #2255
Nemuru

Quote:
Well she already choose the bad boy over the good guy now it remains to see if she returns back to the bad guy.

I mean in real life you can see wives or girlfriend get hurt by bad guys (alcohol or other stuff) and after suffering a while they break free start living happy independant life but then those shitheads return begging for forgiveness and nine times out of the ten they come back to that very same mess. I just don't get why, but it does happen very often in real life.
that's not quite true as before Shou didn't know he was going to cheat on her. She only chose her first love and there was no indication that he was an asshole from the early chapter. You can't say she chose the bad boy.

Utsumi had his quality but at that point I didn't fault shou for her choosing her senpai. plus he had already left his girlfriend at that point so everything looked sincere either way. And yes, I have a firm grasp of reality althoughat the same time it still an fictional story where it depends on what the author wants, at least I can see it somewhat catering towards her readers without the random plot twist. Mostly I would say it's a case by case since while the female do fall for the badass archtype but the male isn't that replusive enough ignore them in certain circumstances. And that slap she gave him made it look like she gave her final answer on that relationship. By the way if look at these abuse cases in real life because there wasn't another person he/she could feel secure with. In this case Utsumi is her alternative, and from here I'm going to disregard the shoujo style of writing that implies this BS in most cases.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-03-04 at 13:52.
Old 2011-03-04, 13:50   Link #2256
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
that's not quite true as before Shou didn't know he was going to cheat on her. She only chose her first love and there was no indication that he was an asshole from the early chapter. You can't say she chose the bad boy.

Utsumi had his quality but at that point I didn't fault shou for her choosing her senpai. plus he had already left his girlfriend at that point so everything looked sincere either way.
He was a a womainzer enough even before he got with Shou. my guess one of the reason he broke with his girlfriend at that time. Certainly not a good, domestic boy at all.
Old 2011-03-04, 14:00   Link #2257
Nemuru

Quote:
He was a a womainzer enough even before he got with Shou. my guess one of the reason he broke with his girlfriend at that time. Certainly not a good, domestic boy at all.
Well I did backtrack my way reading the manga to see where this womanizer theory came from. From what I read his girlfriend cheated on him and it was implied from his point of view it happen 3 times. Which is what Shou was told, whether this true or not she only see her senpai loving his girlfriend and if my memory serves me right it is still the same person whom he went out with when Shou lost her chance when they were still in the tennis club together. I don't get this impression that Shou chose him knowing he is a player.

Of course my eye sight could be bad, so maybe you can point me to a chapter?

EDIT, spelling grammar lol..... I'm always editing stuff
Old 2011-03-04, 15:42   Link #2258
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
. I also don't like how Eri tried to get on with a douchebag herself and tried to do what she could to meet his twisted standards. Remember him? The guy who doesn't like virgins? I think the author's been sending out a clear message from the very beginning.
As I recall that wasn't the actual guy, but his best friend. Eri thought since he felt that way, the guy she liked would also feel the same.
Old 2011-03-05, 10:22   Link #2259
n0c0ntr0l

Chapters out on iMangascans.

As for stereotypes, it exists for a reason, confidence is attractive. So bad boys are always going to get laid cause they have that self assured, don't care about anything confidence.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 10:32   Link #2260
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
Chapters out on iMangascans.

As for stereotypes, it exists for a reason, confidence is attractive. So bad boys are always going to get laid cause they have that self assured, don't care about anything confidence.
It is actual nature at work. Females will come into heat and be preferential to the male that exhibits the greatest strength and leadership in order to carry forward the strongest genes for the species. Natural selection... Sadly, "good guys" are actually "less male" than their "bad boy" counterparts and thus appear to carry weak genetics. Human awareness and value over behaviors beyond pure mating ritual complicates the matter of paring. That and the sociological requirement of mating for life through marriage forces the choice to be scrutinized more. In the animal kingdom, females may take multiple partners in a season, with preference towards the most aggressive. (some species may vary. )

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi