Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-18, 22:35   Link #1
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Unlicensed Shounen Anime?

Ok, as I approach the end of Black Cat, I'm wondering what I should watch next. The only other series that I'm keeping up with via fansub is One Piece. I'm a fan of shounen action anime, so if you know any good unlicensed shows of the genre, please tell me.

Also, please do not say Hunter x Hunter, I cannot download the episodes due to bittorrent not working here, and I'm also going by the Viz manga. Any other unlicensed show is fair game (except Black Cat, of course).
Old 2006-04-19, 00:20   Link #2
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Air Gear - It's the next trendy shonen fighter out right now...The show centers around fighting that takes place in the form of intense and sophisticated rollerblading...The skates are actually really high-tech machines that use nano-technology to help you do almost any move concievable so it's not just lame-a$$ rollerblading if that's what you think...The characters are really trendy and it has alot of colorful stylistic features alla BLEACH...It also has alot of cute female characters with fanservice to boot...Now most of the manga-readers are said to be dissapointed with it, but if you don't know the story (like me since I never read Air Gear manga) the show is a treat for the eyes and typical action-packed shonen fun I think you'll enjoy...So far I'm sold on it...
Old 2006-04-19, 01:44   Link #3
Eclipze

Hmm....shounen? If you dont mind shounen based on a sport, then Prince of Tennis. Granted, it is fairly old, but still a good watch.

Edit: I forgot to mention, what makes PoT unique is that....most of the time, the special moves are shouted/said by the spectators instead of the person doing it.

Last edited by Eclipze; 2006-04-19 at 09:12.
Old 2006-04-19, 07:01   Link #4
miaka

Eyeshield 21- comedy, sports (american football), action
Gintama - serialized in shounen jump. comedy, action, scifi.
Zegapain- mecha action
Closed Thread