AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2006-04-01, 22:07   Link #1
Bleach

why dont mods do something about spoilers?

manga watchers are spoiling everything for everyone s[pecially on naruto forums... and theres nothing ny1 can do to prevent reading because they put it in the title ...

for example they say "why did naruto die in episode 33" etc etc ... is this ok? why dont mods dop something about this? plz dont say then dont go on the forums... i go there every once in a while to see whats going on, not to get manmga spoilers..
Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 22:36   Link #2
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach
manga watchers are spoiling everything for everyone s[pecially on naruto forums... and theres nothing ny1 can do to prevent reading because they put it in the title ...
The Mods & Admins are not omnipotent. They can't read minds either. If you see a thread or post that you feel contains a spoiler, hit the Alert button: You'll find this button below the person that either started the thread or made the offending post (if they weren't the thread originator).

(See inside the red box below)

After you hit the Alert button, you need to write a reason as to why you're alerting the Mod. Write something like, "I think this is a Manga spoiler and it should be covered with a Spoiler tag, changed or deleted."

The Mods/Admins aren't always in every forum all the time. Sometimes threads or posts slip by them and they need a "heads up". That's how they can "do something" about the Spoilers. Be aware, that a Mod may not agree with you that the thread or post is a Spoiler and may end up leaving it. Usually, they will contact you and let you know their reasoning. But maybe not.

So, to sum this up: if you see a thread or post that you think contains Spoilers and you think it’s problematic, hit the Alert button. Also, next time you have feedback about the site and the way it's run, please consider posting in the Forum & Site Feedback forum.
Quote:
for example they say "why did naruto die in episode 33" etc etc ... is this ok?
He does? Ah crap...I haven't seen that episode yet. Guess I can write that show off..

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-04-01 at 22:47.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 01:39   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
The Mods & Admins are not omnipotent.
The word you meant to use was omniscent. We actually are omnipotent, capable of making our member's computers explode if they step out of line. Unfortunately we are not omniscent which means we might not be aware that there is a good reason to make their computers explode.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 07:14   Link #4
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Unfortunately we are not omniscent which means we might not be aware that there is a good reason to make their computers explode.
One mod in particular has my CPU full of C4 :/...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 14:48   Link #5
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirls
He does? Ah crap...I haven't seen that episode yet. Guess I can write that show off..
Yep. At episode 33 Naruto dies. Since then.. (145 episodes I think) its been another hero called Gukuh. He has super Saiya-jin powers. He's supposed to die in 3 episodes. The next hero's name is dekorin-chan. (The wide front girl) Yep its a girl!! ^^ Naaah its still a good show but since naruto dies I guess its pointless to watch it~ne?

Anyhow he's right. manga discutions in anime forums are annoying. Should be kept in the manga forum. Anime and mangas should not be mix up togetter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
One mod in particular has my CPU full of C4 :/...
Arrg me too. But mine was nitro glycerine. Probably a diffrent mod.
Old 2006-04-03, 15:26   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach

for example they say "why did naruto die in episode 33" etc etc ... is this ok? why dont mods dop something about this? plz dont say then dont go on the forums... i go there every once in a while to see whats going on, not to get manmga spoilers..
In most occasions it happens mostly because of mistakes or not paying too much attention in the heat of the moment. And since a poster cannot change the title of a thread after he/she has posted, you should directly contact the admin for that. Unfortunately you cannot do anything to prevent the mistakes unless you moderate the thread-starter message before letting the thread go public. Also, if there is no initial control, and if it is something intentional, you cannot again prevent that. But, fortunately there are not many posters that exploit that. Lastly, I believe the spoiling level is currently at an acceptable level - and this might be close to the best you can get at the moment.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 09:29   Link #7
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Lastly, I believe the spoiling level is currently at an acceptable level - and this might be close to the best you can get at the moment.
AS much, The Naruto forum posters are very respectful with the Threads with no Manga Tags, is not often that someone post a spoiler without the proper tags, and even when this happens other poster make the observation to use the spoiler.

Bleach, You should do the same, if you see a poster is using a Manga spoiler without tag in an specific non Manga thread, advise the mod, but also do make the observation on it in the thread, we, after all are not perfect, and sometimes forget about if it’s a Manga thread or not.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 10:25   Link #8
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
AS much, The Naruto forum posters are very respectful with the Threads with no Manga Tags, is not often that someone post a spoiler without the proper tags, and even when this happens other poster make the observation to use the spoiler.
When you've been soiled enough you'll just completly avoid the Naruto forum like me.
Old 2006-04-13, 11:10   Link #9
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
When you've been soiled enough you'll just completly avoid the Naruto forum like me.
You should try and give it a second chance, as of late I have not seen Anime thread with spoiler post and without Tags
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 16:36   Link #10
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
And what about stupid guys like me who willingly read hidden spoilers, assuming they are aware of everything so far and realize like "f... i didn't know!"
You really don't know how that feels...

So don't complain. You have a brain. lol

But it's true everyone should be careful, at least with thread titles... whatever the forum.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 03:28   Link #11
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Sometimes, the problem lies in how the spoiler tags are used.

Kinda like this:

I can't wait to see the episode when the true identity of "X-girl" is revealed.

Spoiler for x-girl's identity:

In this example, The fact that X-girl has a secret identity is a spoiler in itself, and yet, the whole deal is revealed outside the spoiler tag.

Mind you, I am not saying this happens all the time, just that it happens around here from time to time.
Old 2006-04-23, 08:21   Link #12
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Sometimes, the problem lies in how the spoiler tags are used.

Kinda like this:

I can't wait to see the episode when the true identity of "X-girl" is revealed.

Spoiler for x-girl's identity:

In this example, The fact that X-girl has a secret identity is a spoiler in itself, and yet, the whole deal is revealed outside the spoiler tag.

Mind you, I am not saying this happens all the time, just that it happens around here from time to time.

WHAT??? X-GIRL IS ACTUALLY A...
lol i didn't know that either. What i meant was a bit different though. Like i'm stupid and have no one to blame but me... sigh

and i really can't admit X-girl is a... i won't download that anymore...
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote