AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-15, 15:23   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Claymore licensed by Funimation

License for the first season of Claymore announced on their company website. Article concerning the license also on ANN, Funimation Licenses Claymore Anime Series.

Feel free to discuss the topic in this thread. And as usual, any discussion about where to download Claymore fansubs no longer allowed as of now.
Old 2008-02-15, 15:52   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm slightly surprised that FUNimation managed to secure the licensing for Claymore first.

I was expecting that ADV films would get it, since after all ADV has licensed quite a number of terror and/or violent anime series like were the case of Elfen Lied and Mamono Hunter Yohko among others in the past.
However, due to the recent setback that ADV is experiencing right now is quite understandable.

Ok. FUNi has acquired the license, hence, there would be a possibility that maybe or not Claymore gets to air in Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block in a future.

It remained unlicensed for about 4 1/2 months after the last episode was broadcasted in Japan, and before the licensing was announced today.
Old 2008-02-15, 16:00   Link #3
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I, for one, expected FUNimation to get this because it's a Shounen Jump title, and Viz doesn't seem to want first dibs.
Old 2008-02-15, 17:26   Link #4
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Interesting, very interesting. Well It's not like 4kids was going to want to butcher this one.

Shudders at the thaught of 4kids doing Claymore.
Old 2008-02-15, 17:39   Link #5
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

In before 'they're gonna ruin it zomg noes now i cnat dl it!!1'

Not really surprising for FUNimation to get it, if you think about it... they've always been heavily shounen-oriented.
Old 2008-02-15, 19:30   Link #6
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

me thinks Viz didn't like the sour feedback on how the series ended to want it.
Old 2008-02-16, 01:27   Link #7
Sheky

ME WANT NAO!

Hopefully they'll keep the sexy cover art work from the R2s.
Old 2008-02-16, 04:02   Link #8
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

I am not really familair with FUNimation. Most of my dvd's are from ADV , Pioneer, Bandai and Geneon. Is the quality of the FUNimation releases decent?
Old 2008-02-16, 04:20   Link #9
yurifan

Funimation always seems to be attracted to my favorite anime and always get their licenses, that i couldn't read it or watch it online animore. I just... hate them
Old 2008-02-16, 09:15   Link #10
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifan View Post
Funimation always seems to be attracted to my favorite anime and always get their licenses, that i couldn't read it or watch it online animore. I just... hate them
So just buy the DVDs. Is that a hard concepts?
Old 2008-02-16, 09:43   Link #11
Zatoichi8820XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I'm slightly surprised that FUNimation managed to secure the licensing for Claymore first.

I was expecting that ADV films would get it, since after all ADV has licensed quite a number of terror and/or violent anime series like were the case of Elfen Lied and Mamono Hunter Yohko among others in the past.
However, due to the recent setback that ADV is experiencing right now is quite understandable.

Ok. FUNi has acquired the license, hence, there would be a possibility that maybe or not Claymore gets to air in Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block in a future.

It remained unlicensed for about 4 1/2 months after the last episode was broadcasted in Japan, and before the licensing was announced today.
I think that it's going to air on IFC not Adult Swim
Old 2008-02-16, 15:13   Link #12
Zsych

I wonder if we can start a campaign to have Funimation replace the last several eps with a manga based storyline. Its not like making anime is expensive.
I actually tried sending a message regarding that on their Contact Us page, but it kept erroring out.

Regarding where it airs: I think I'd be fine as long as they don't try to water it down. The blood and and arms getting chopped off are part of Claymore's dark world. Not that I really watch anything on tv. I watch stuff on tv channel sites and iTunes and stuff, or just buy DVDs(which for Claymore won't be for quite a while I suppose)
Old 2008-02-16, 16:06   Link #13
yurifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
So just buy the DVDs. Is that a hard concepts?
im living in a country that has not much thing to do with manga and anime. it's almost rarely to find a manga anime shop.
Old 2008-02-16, 16:13   Link #14
lsley
*Graphic Designer

it looks to me that they've just licenced the anime but not the manga, am i right there?
Old 2008-02-16, 16:15   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsley View Post
it looks to me that they've just licenced the anime but not the manga, am i right there?
Uh, the manga was licensed by Viz a long while ago before the anime started airing.
Old 2008-02-16, 16:51   Link #16
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I wonder if they'll use VAs they used in Full Metal Alchemist.
Old 2008-02-16, 17:06   Link #17
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Uh, the manga was licensed by Viz a long while ago before the anime started airing.
lol, didnt know that xD
i allways thought that its hard to get licensed manga cause i have some problems with finding monster princess and stuff since they were licensed q.q
Old 2008-02-17, 09:16   Link #18
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I doubt ADV would license it, not given the way they've been heading, same with Viz. Viz have halted alot of their anime projects aswell to focus on their big earners.

This could actually be a good chance for companies like FUNimation to pick up some good titles and begin to really rival the larger companies.
Old 2008-02-17, 14:30   Link #19
Zsych

... Letter campaign... have them change the last episodes!!!
Old 2008-02-19, 23:53   Link #20
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Not likly. Only two times I know of that an anime had new episodes made for the US release, and that was Voltron and Ultamate Muscle. Both of them got a tv broadcast release. Claymore probably won't make enough to warrent the cost.