Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 04:44   Link #281
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
In storyplot terms, it simply means that once they unlock everything, the other side would see nothing but stars.
True Big Bang Punch lol

But I've always wonder if Eclipse had her own partner, since she has the ability to manipulate quantum physics, her partner should manipulate relativity.

Eclair and Lumiere plus Eclipse and partner would control space-time itself.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 04:46   Link #282
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

And that is why the "teams" are only "pairs". Beyond the Impossible doesn't even begin to describe it.
Old 2009-10-17, 05:54   Link #283
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm kind of tempted to nickname this show Bizarro or Darkside Sora Kake Girl. At the very least it sounds like it's following in the tradition of ZZ Gundam's relationship to it's preceding U.C Series.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 06:38   Link #284
itisjustme

I remember the original got lambasted for having too much fanservice when it was only a few panty shots here and there, not a whole episode focused on the lack of panties of the heroine. =P

And I'm pretty shocked by the unnatural facial expressions, this seems rather... urgh. And Acoeur's voice, my god, it must be GTO's new WMD. Not living up to the original atm, even when the first eps of Kiddy Grade were mostly nonsensical fluff.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 08:07   Link #285
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, plenty of rookies in the voice cast. Here's hoping that the vets can hold the show up until more on-the-job exp arrives.
Old 2009-10-17, 08:47   Link #286
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
I remember the original got lambasted for having too much fanservice when it was only a few panty shots here and there, not a whole episode focused on the lack of panties of the heroine. =P

And I'm pretty shocked by the unnatural facial expressions, this seems rather... urgh. And Acoeur's voice, my god, it must be GTO's new WMD. Not living up to the original atm, even when the first eps of Kiddy Grade were mostly nonsensical fluff.
Yep, Kiddy Grade didn't real hit it's straps until that nobles episodes.. but this makes the first few episodes of Kiddy Grade seem like a masterpiece... maybe I'll watch another episode... or I'll just see if it lifts its game like Kiddy Grade did after 7-8 episode.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:13   Link #287
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Isn't this season only a single cour, though? They can't really take too long to get into things.
All indications are that this will be a two-cour, 24-episode show. This was revealed around the same time we found out that this show would be taking Haruhi's timeslot. We should have confirmation within a few weeks, though, when they start soliciting the DVDs.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 16:46   Link #288
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
How so, and like what? It's set over a hundred years in the future after the first series, so some things would obviously change. But what else?
Actually only 50, but that's 50 years after the downfall of the Nouvlesse who ruled the galaxy so there are bound to be a few changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenaxia View Post
gimik gave Uta~Kata a bunch of fanservice, but KGa is taking it way overboard. It's a tit-jiggle fest, and honestly, was that whole panty issue really necessary? It's like they're targeting all the god damned pedophiles in Japan.
All gímik anime have fanservice - have you never seen any of Gotoh's artwork? It's not like there was a single actual panchira shot this time, unlike the manga which had one on the first page. They are also both 16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
But I've always wonder if Eclipse had her own partner, since she has the ability to manipulate quantum physics, her partner should manipulate relativity.
Not that I've ever seen mentioned. There are other solo ES-members, like Dyne and Veronica. She has spent a fair amount of time in a trio with Eclair and Lumiere though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
All indications are that this will be a two-cour, 24-episode show. This was revealed around the same time we found out that this show would be taking Haruhi's timeslot. We should have confirmation within a few weeks, though, when they start soliciting the DVDs.
Ref http://d.hatena.ne.jp/nanamibeya/20090909/p2
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 17:59   Link #289
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
Hey, my memory isn't failing me! And actually, this makes sense because a 24-episode show after Haruhi's 28 episodes would get the timeslot all fixed up again so that a new show can start first thing in April... though we don't know what show that'll be yet, of course.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 19:00   Link #290
GDB

Ah, so two cours, then. I guess I'll give it some time to get more serious, then.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 23:18   Link #291
ZeRoGravity

Ugh that voice. I cringe every time Ascoeur opened her mouth. Having watched and liked KG even though I don't remember much from it I hope it gets better like KG did. They should really tame Ascoeur voice. High, squeaky and happy go lucky voice really annoyed the hell out of me. Goddamnit Gotoh.
Old 2009-10-18, 10:06   Link #292
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Lovely animation here.

Nice use of established characters to offer a pretty solid bridge from original to sequel.

Aside from that, though... I have a feeling that Kiddy Girl-And is going to be to Kiddy Grade what Mai Otome is to Mai HiME.

Kiddy Girl-And reminds me a lot of Mai Otome.

As an aside... this is the 2nd anime this year where girls "bloomers" underwear has come up as a major plot-point. Is this a new popular fetish in Japan, I wonder?

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-10-18 at 10:21.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 12:26   Link #293
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, I liked Kiddy Grade, especially when the plot started happening, which took quite a few episodes. So I'm prepared to cut this show some slack for a few episodes on the hope that plot will break out once it starts going.

Hopefully.

That's if Ascoeur's voice doesn't make me stick knitting needles through my eardrums first...
(just keep telling yourself she's supposed to sound annoying so it'll be more of a character shift when she turns badass later)

I suspect we've not seen the last of Eclair and Lumiere - they're just saving the big guns for later.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 13:45   Link #294
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well what can i say i thought the first episode was terrible. Giving till episode 5 to change my mind after than only the original Kiddy Grade will exist in my Universe.
Old 2009-10-22, 15:17   Link #295
Estaron
*Fansubber

finished ep2...

Someone must have been watching nicovideo too much.....
Estaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:34   Link #296
GDB

Good lord, episode two was somehow even worse than episode one.
Old 2009-10-23, 04:41   Link #297
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think it's the quite opposite. While it didn't have much plot progression even compared to the previous episode we had more sensible comedic moments and some character development.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 10:28   Link #298
Fishfood1

some parts of this episode were funny, while some other parts aren't... guess it's another mixed episode.

please get on the plot soon

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 10:33   Link #299
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I think it's the quite opposite. While it didn't have much plot progression even compared to the previous episode we had more sensible comedic moments and some character development.
Character development for Q-F, yes. But Acouer, or however you spell her name, was nothing but annoying in this episode. Thinking of nothing but that stupid pumpkin pudding, and then being a complete idiot at that. After Q-F gets captured, she doesn't even take her advice of just teleporting to the kitchen. By just running, she falls down a pitfall... and still doesn't teleport to the kitchen.

What's the point of being able to teleport if you're too stupid to use it?
Old 2009-10-23, 11:08   Link #300
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
What's the point of being able to teleport if you're too stupid to use it?
This is how God keeps the universe in balance.