AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-08, 09:00   Link #1961
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The TV broadcast will air all 26 episodes of the series, right? Is there going to be a break at some point when they catch up with the BD releases?

I doubt anybody will sub the TV version so I'm going to start watching one BD episode per week starting today. I just want to make sure I won't have to wait too long for the end of the series.
Old 2013-04-08, 09:06   Link #1962
Kirarakim

Can someone tell me what episode the BD rips are subbed up to?

I am either going to wait till all the episodes are subbed or wait until the summer when I have more free time and catch up.

This was one of my most anticipated series so I am pretty bummed it is not getting a legal stream.
Old 2013-04-08, 10:55   Link #1963
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
Megahouse 1/8th Yuki Mori preorder!

Yamato Girls Collection? Pretty damn sure we're gonna get Yamamoto too.
Well here you go...

cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 10:58   Link #1964
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would be the streaming company's fault I suppose. Though I don't know if MBS streams with anybody for their 5pm slot.

The BD come with English subtitles and those have been released up to episode 14 presently. Episodes 15-18 will be out on BD on May 28th. If the release schedual remains the same, than episodes 19-22 will be out around August 20th? (12 weeks later), with episodes 23-26, 12 weeks after that on November 12th?

If correct, the BD for Chapter 6 will release after episode 20 airs on TV, but Chapter 7 shouldn't release into theaters even until maybe September 28th or October 5th? October 6th being the important date in Yamato history, as that was the date in 1974 that the show started. (Chapter 6 would probably get into theaters on July 6th)

But the show on TV should reach episode 26 on Sepember 29th unless there is a delay for say Golden Week. Having both end the same day or within days of each other would be interesting, though the theater goers wouldn't need to do unless they want to see the last episode or two slightly early. Though the limited edition BD are avalible at the theaters.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-04-08 at 11:15.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 11:12   Link #1965
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Can someone tell me what episode the BD rips are subbed up to?

I am either going to wait till all the episodes are subbed or wait until the summer when I have more free time and catch up.

This was one of my most anticipated series so I am pretty bummed it is not getting a legal stream.

It's up to episode 14 for now. pretty much past half-way of the series.

Episode 15-18 will be shown at theaters this month, expect BD release a month later.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 11:46   Link #1966
macdawson

I read in one of the official sites that the show would take a brake after episode 10 airs. This was a while back so it may have changed, though it makes sense. I doubt they would air the episodes on TV before the theatrical release.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 12:05   Link #1967
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A typical season would be 12-14 episodes, so ending at 14 rather than 10 would make more sense. Especially if since they would need toair the remaining 16 episodes later if they broke it at 10. And 16 is more than the usual slotted time for an anime season.

Ending at 14 gives it a natural break (the end of Chapter 4) and a reasonable second Cour of 12 episodes later on.

Though releasing it just normally also would work out for them since the theater release would be before the last episode by a week or two. Those that can't wait of what something special would go to the theater one last time at the end of September. (I seem to recall there being times when an anime is delayed a week for Golden Week, or some holiday, but I don't recall the exact reasoning for it).
Old 2013-04-08, 12:20   Link #1968
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
Well here you go...
Yeah, already posted a magazine shot a couple pages ago. Same image without a dumb mexican watermarking it

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Vito; 2013-04-08 at 12:53.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 16:27   Link #1969
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Though releasing it just normally also would work out for them since the theater release would be before the last episode by a week or two. Those that can't wait of what something special would go to the theater one last time at the end of September. (I seem to recall there being times when an anime is delayed a week for Golden Week, or some holiday, but I don't recall the exact reasoning for it).
The only time when anime is on a break is around new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The TV broadcast will air all 26 episodes of the series, right? Is there going to be a break at some point when they catch up with the BD releases?

I doubt anybody will sub the TV version so I'm going to start watching one BD episode per week starting today. I just want to make sure I won't have to wait too long for the end of the series.
You haven't seen this yet? Shame on you!
Still I'll be amazed if you're still watching this on a weekly basis after episode one.
Old 2013-04-08, 16:41   Link #1970
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Some people are dedicated that way.

I thought of something based on the new version of the theme song. Instead of the usual version which is one man singing with sometimes a few background singers, this one is a vast group song. Since they have already done songs in the show over the radio and with people actually singing, I wonder if it could be possible for them to incorperate this new version of the song into the show itself.

Like a song someone made while Yamato was on her voyage and sung when she arrives home to the cheering crowds when she comes into dock. There was a scene shown in flashback in the second series of Yamato returning home with a large crowd of people chanting, "Ya, ma, to! Ya, ma, to! Ya, ma, to!"

Or have it have become a popular song in universe by the time of the second season (if one arrives). Or even a formerly popular song, with it overshadowed just like its namesake, by the new Earth Defense Forces. Only to come back in Earth's desperate hour. Also woud cover the reason why the song never changed from being about Yamato going to Iscandar in all the seasons, long after they were not going to Iscandar again.)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-04-08 at 17:24.
Old 2013-04-08, 17:15   Link #1971
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
You haven't seen this yet? Shame on you!
Still I'll be amazed if you're still watching this on a weekly basis after episode one.
I had planned to watch this all along but I didn't want to have to wait ages between episodes, like with Unicorn (that one is a pretty extreme example though). It reduces my enjoyment.

As for whether I'll be able to stick to my schedule... I have no idea myself
Old 2013-04-08, 21:04   Link #1972
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What you are picking up Martians now?

Besides...Yamamato is Dessler's now.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-04-08 at 21:15.
Old 2013-04-08, 21:52   Link #1973
leokiko

Now, I'm confused. I have been meaning for a looong time to watch this series. I would have watched to the old one already, since I don't care about old-style of animation, but I had heard that there was an OVA being released so I thought I would wait.

But now...there's a TV series? Which one should I watch?

I think I asked this a while ago though I can't remember what I was told
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 22:34   Link #1974
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I have no idea what you are asking but the quick rundown is that the "OVA" series and the TV series that just started are the same thing. The production committee decided to go the Gundam Unicorn route and release the episodes in theaters first, then they would come out of BD and DVD, and now they are coming out on TV.

If you want you can watch the original first season (26 episodes from 1974-75). The current series is a retelling/remake/reboot of that series.

The series will be up to 18 episodes out in theaters as of this coming weekend when the fifth Chapter comes out. The BD for that will be out in seven weeks. There will be 26 episodes in total.

The TV series will be showing episode two next weekend on MBS and as far as we can tell it will be weekly until all 26 episodes come out by this Fall.

Watching the original is not required to enjoy this series, but it would help you compare I suppose and see what they improved on. It might let you know what is coming, but given how they have changed things around already, seeing the orignal series might not really be spoiler worthy anymore, as they could take this in a completely new direction.

The main thing for the production staff and director is that this show has to "feel like Yamato". That is the best hope we have, as Yamato has a particular style to it and a certain feeling that several of the earlier attempts to revive the series in sequels has lacked. Yamato 2199 has the correct feeling to it so far.
Old 2013-04-09, 06:01   Link #1975
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
I read in one of the official sites that the show would take a brake after episode 10 airs. This was a while back so it may have changed, though it makes sense. I doubt they would air the episodes on TV before the theatrical release.
Hm, wouldn't it make more sense with episode 13, so it's in the middle? Then it takes a season off and returns in the fall anime season. I am pretty sure they will take a break since at the current rate, the TV series will catch up.

Volume 4 came out end of Feb, volume 5 is in May, based on this volume 6 is August and volume 7 in November (volume, chapter, whatever, -1 month for actual premiere in the cinemas), so either way, Yamato 2199 running on TV for 2 seasons in a row, it'd finish it's run by the start of autumn season (October I think). With a season break it'd end in December, a month past when the 7th volume would come out (estimated)

EDIT: The model CM found its way on youtube

Last edited by Vito; 2013-04-09 at 08:59.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 11:11   Link #1976
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Since Chapter 4 ends at episode 14 and the chapters are designed to run together like mini-arcs, the season should end there if they decide to split it. Also 14 is a weird episode. It would not make for a very good season opener. It would make a good season ender as the audiance would be confused but wanting more to answer questions (as we are right now waiting for episode 15).
Old 2013-04-09, 11:23   Link #1977
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Considering the natural breaks after episodes 7 and 14, I'm wondering if they'll split the TV run that way, though a split-cour season (at episode 14) still could be the plan. We'll know for sure if there's a show taking Yamato 2199's place in the Summer 2013 season.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 14:43   Link #1978
August138

The first episode of YAMATO: 2199 tops the ratings on MBS/TBS for the Sunday 5pm timeslot with a whopping 5.9%: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ercent-ratings
Old 2013-04-10, 21:12   Link #1979
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Most watched show that "no one" is talking about.

Or as one website put it, "the best show this season, that no one is watching".
Old 2013-04-10, 23:42   Link #1980
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

To be honest, I have to admit that I was originally skeptical about Yamato and all - I'd never seen it prior, but I wasn't really sure this would be my cuppa.

I am now converted and a true believer.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato