Old 2010-12-23, 00:26   Link #201
secretzfan
*Fansubber

YEEEA he doesn't cheat he respects women until now he is scared of them
Old 2011-08-17, 02:51   Link #202
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Hancock x Luffy is the only pair i see that's REALLY gonna happen. XDD

Since i love Hancock, she deserves Luffy (the future Pirate King. Unlike some totally annoying witch out there)
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 11:47   Link #203
Rainbowman

Hancock is delusional. Her sisters and Amazon Lily's elder knows it. Shakky is from Amazon Lily and knows how egotistical Hancock is.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 13:10   Link #204
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hancock is a bit unstable ^^.

Still, we can see that there's not even a spark between the crew members (so far) so maybe we better stop pushing Nami to Luffy or Robin to Zorro. I mean, Zorro already has that glasses-girl, Usopp got a girlfriend back in his hometown (if I'm not mistaken), Sanji has...well... considering his womanizer personality, I think he'll end up lonely ^^. Robin and Nami are independent women. They don't need men ^^. Chopper, Franky, Brock...I'll leave them to your imagination. LOL
Old 2011-08-17, 14:58   Link #205
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hancock is a bit unstable ^^.

Still, we can see that there's not even a spark between the crew members (so far) so maybe we better stop pushing Nami to Luffy or Robin to Zorro. I mean, Zorro already has that glasses-girl, Usopp got a girlfriend back in his hometown (if I'm not mistaken), Sanji has...well... considering his womanizer personality, I think he'll end up lonely ^^. Robin and Nami are independent women. They don't need men ^^. Chopper, Franky, Brock...I'll leave them to your imagination. LOL
I'm still sticking to having Nami be with Luffy. None of you are may be able to see that spark, but to me, it may very well be subtle. You're right about Zoro with Tashigi and Usopp with Kaya. The only way Sanji ever has to having offspring is to accept that he can only have one woman alone. Robin at some point might see to that. I also agree about Chopper, Franky, and Brook as well as any future members joining.
Old 2011-08-18, 04:13   Link #206
ronin myael
lost ronin

i think i read somewhere where oda talked about the potential pair-ups in one piece and he said that there are none! to develop romance between the straw hats would be considered incestual. they treat each other like family after all. boa hancock and luffy? don't think so! luffy is only 21 and hancock is in her 30s already. it would be kinda weird having them end up together. besides, oda claimed that there's no romance in one piece. personally, i prefer it that way.
Old 2011-08-18, 04:46   Link #207
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
to develop romance between the straw hats would be considered incestual.
I think Sanji would take issue with that statement, especially if you're saying his enjoyment of Nami and Robin's looks is similar to incest.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 21:56   Link #208
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i think i read somewhere where oda talked about the potential pair-ups in one piece and he said that there are none! to develop romance between the straw hats would be considered incestual. they treat each other like family after all.
The only reason Oda said that there are no pair-ups is because he's only focused on the adventuring in the present rather than the outcome of the future in store for us. As for my idea of incest, that would involve being related by blood (mother-son, father-daughter, brother-sister, etc.). Each member of the Strawhat crew is born from a different set of parents. Therefore incest should not be the issue.
Old 2011-08-19, 09:00   Link #209
Keeper

Stop destroying my fantasies of Luffy x Nami pairing.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 16:08   Link #210
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Stop destroying my fantasies of Luffy x Nami pairing.
I feel your pain, even if your fantasies of that pairing would be different than mine.
Old 2011-08-21, 03:49   Link #211
Undertaker

That is why we have dojinshi....
Old 2011-08-21, 03:59   Link #212
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
I think Sanji would take issue with that statement, especially if you're saying his enjoyment of Nami and Robin's looks is similar to incest.
sanji is a perv. he'd probably think his sister was hot if he didn't know he was his sister. peace sanji-kun! lol

i know the straw hats are not related by blood by they are bound by a familial type bond. they live together, travel together, bleed together and would even die together if they have to. it would be weird to have them fall in love. but that's just my opinion. one piece has too much going on already. love is the least of their concerns.

oda was clear in his statement that there is no romance in one piece. in fact, i even used his opinion once to explain the seemingly lack of romance in shonen. he said that shonen manga are targeted towards young boys who don't think much of romance (some of them still think that girls are gross at this age), so to include serious romance in shonen would mean pissing them off. though it's true that adults also read shonen, it's really marketed towards young boys. it's comparable to childrens' books, authors usually avoid the topic of romance because most of their readers won't be able to relate to it.
Old 2011-08-21, 04:13   Link #213
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Hancock is delusional. Her sisters and Amazon Lily's elder knows it. Shakky is from Amazon Lily and knows how egotistical Hancock is.
so is chichi who eventually ended up with goku.

anyway, who cares about Hancock's flaws. Only those who hate her think that way. XP
Old 2011-08-21, 05:11   Link #214
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
who cares about Hancock's flaws. Only those who hate her think that way. XP
Well, I like Hancock VERY much . I think she is a hilarious character. Yet it doesn't prevent me from being objective about her. She is a bit unstable (like what I said in my previous post) and I think Luffy thinks the same about her (hence his refusal on Hancock's proposal) .
Old 2011-08-21, 05:37   Link #215
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, I like Hancock VERY much . I think she is a hilarious character. Yet it doesn't prevent me from being objective about her. She is a bit unstable (like what I said in my previous post) and I think Luffy thinks the same about her (hence his refusal on Hancock's proposal) .

i also consider her flaws sometimes but i'm more on about what she'd done for him because of her strong feelings for that damn lucky bastard. LOL. everything is yet unsure, but i believe luffy is to marry hancock at the very end. we don't need the romance to be seen though. behind the curtains is enough. XDD
Old 2011-08-21, 12:07   Link #216
Keeper

Quote:
but i believe luffy is to marry hancock at the very end XDD
*foams from his mouth*
Infidel! *grabs an ax*
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 15:08   Link #217
Rainbowman

Quote:
so is chichi who eventually ended up with goku.

anyway, who cares about Hancock's flaws. Only those who hate her think that way. XP
Your flaw in this theory is that Luffy turned down Hancock's marraige proposal. I'm not sure how and why Chichi married Goku, but there's bound to be some contrast between what has happened in the Dragon Ball series and what will happen in One Piece.
Old 2011-08-21, 18:27   Link #218
Undertaker

Actually Honcock's proposal is spitting image to ChiChi's proposal. (especially after the timeskip)

Basically Goku just stupidly agreed thinking wife is some type of food..... (while ChiChi was referring to making food for him as wife)
Old 2011-08-22, 17:35   Link #219
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Actually Honcock's proposal is spitting image to ChiChi's proposal. (especially after the timeskip)

Basically Goku just stupidly agreed thinking wife is some type of food..... (while ChiChi was referring to making food for him as wife)
I think I figured that out when my brother told me. The author of Dragon Ball intended for that to happen wheras Oda did the opposite by making Luffy smart enough to turn down the proposal.
Old 2011-08-22, 17:47   Link #220
Undertaker

The way I see it was the it was a nod toward DB but at same time make record straight that Hancock angle is purly for comic sense. But that doesn't mean people can't dream about it, I'mean that what dojinshis are for and why i love them...