AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-17, 03:38   Link #181
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

Alex: someone's making fun of me...
Anna: don't worry, oneechan! I will make him pay! Miata, Vios, Meteor!
Miata/Vios: Admis d'Ordre.
*Annabelle casts Meteor and aims it at Aaron008R. Leonidas palms his face in disgrace.*
AAARRGGHHHH! *gets fried by Meteor*
*Clambers out of wreckage and coughs out black smoke*
I'm sorry! I just had a slip of mind because of worrying about my exams for the next day. And I was also in a hurry to type. I never meant to change Alexandra's name! Promise! I'll hammer it to my skull later so I'll never forget.

Quote:
JOSHUA MERLIN
Spoiler for click:

TRIVIA
Spoiler:

These are only a few. I don't know what else I should throw in.
So Merlin's a lancer? that was a bit unexpected. I was expecting more along the lines of artillery support spellcaster. In any case, its fine either way.

Well, it would seem like the random information and trivia about characters is on the rise now. Interesting info, I must say. Just a question though, how does Excalibur get along with RH?

Are you going to put trivia sections for your other characters too? If so, I'll be looking forward to them.

That reminds me, I got to start working on more info about my character too. I'll try posting something tomorrow or the next.

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-05-17 at 03:53.
Old 2007-05-17, 05:16   Link #182
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Well, it would seem like the random information and trivia about characters is on the rise now. Interesting info, I must say.
A trivia section is often the best way to write about minor character quirks that'll distinguish them from other characters, as opposed to the main profile that needs to focus on the larger aspect of the character (although, that'll depend on the writer's preference). And besides... it's fun thinking up and reading the trivial things that make a character tick

(Like how USB500's Annabelle hates Gundam SEED, which might put her at odds against Kay if they ever met ).

EDIT:

More of Kay's Biography, and also shifting to a new style of profile writing...

Spoiler for length:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-05-17 at 08:35.
Old 2007-05-17, 09:53   Link #183
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
While i'm still here and not heading to work, might as well pitch in with a character background and history.

Spoiler for Kyla's History, Arc I: Before there were 'Aces', there were 'Recruits' Part I: First day.:

yes, it was short for an intro but i'll update it when i come back from shift
Old 2007-05-17, 21:42   Link #184
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
So Merlin's a lancer? that was a bit unexpected. I was expecting more along the lines of artillery support spellcaster. In any case, its fine either way.

Well, it would seem like the random information and trivia about characters is on the rise now. Interesting info, I must say. Just a question though, how does Excalibur get along with RH?

Are you going to put trivia sections for your other characters too? If so, I'll be looking forward to them.
Question 1: yes, Merlin is a lancer. As a matter of fact, he's the member of the Freelancers Council, ranked as a Knight. (note that his lance ability is a direct reference to Star Wars' light sabre combat)

Question 2: this is a tough question to answer, but...
Spoiler for click:

Question 3: I'm currently working on my Lyrical of Time, so the trivia might take a while to come up.
Old 2007-05-17, 22:01   Link #185
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
So I finally came up with the idea for a random unit which hypothetically specializes in capturing moderately dangerous interdimensional criminals, and stuck Ivey in there.

This may turn up in a story someday, if I find the time to write it.

First, Lieutenant Ivey de Lorien, Special Investigator and main female protagonist. This is only slightly modified from the original version. (Character template: Konata Izumi from Lucky Star, ie laid-back with weird tastes.)

Spoiler for Ivey de Lorien:

Next, Captain Rancer LaSalle, second-in-command of the unit, and Ivey's longtime friend. (Character template: mix of Kyon and Koizumi from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, or perhaps Major Mihara from Gadget Trial. Serious, long-suffering, complains a lot, sarcastic, but extremely organized and willing to speculate with Big Words.)

Spoiler for Rancer LaSalle:

The third member of the forward team, Corporal Reiz Astra, the newbie. (Character template: Mikuru Asahina from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. No self-confidence, easily panicked, loli-face-with-big-breasts, clumsy.)

Spoiler for Reiz Astra:

And finally, Major Nova Alto, commander. (Character template: Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess. Unflappable, somewhat air-headed, extremely kind/motherly, peaceful and soothing.)

Spoiler for Nova Alto:

UPDATE 19/06/2007: Added Trivia sections, even if there is no actual trivia yet. Added Potential VA info.

UPDATE 31/12/2007: Minor changes to ages and mage rankings.

Last edited by dkellis; 2008-02-22 at 09:51.
Old 2007-05-17, 22:30   Link #186
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
The third member of the forward team, Corporal Reiz Astra, the newbie.

Spoiler for Reiz Astra:

I like Reiz. It might be her "breakdown" status that attracts me
Old 2007-05-17, 23:00   Link #187
Meophist

dkellis, I enjoy the characters of your team, though I'm not sure how well they're work together.

In any case, I don't know much, but reading the names:
de Lorian… Doesn't the car in Back to the Future have a similar name?
Rancer… I can't help but read this as "Lancer". "Rancer" doesn't compute well in my brain.
Astra… I have a feeling I've heard this before, but I can't remember from where.
Nova Alto… Aren't these both names of cars?
Old 2007-05-17, 23:21   Link #188
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
dkellis, I enjoy the characters of your team, though I'm not sure how well they're work together.

In any case, I don't know much, but reading the names:
de Lorian… Doesn't the car in Back to the Future have a similar name?
Rancer… I can't help but read this as "Lancer". "Rancer" doesn't compute well in my brain.
Astra… I have a feeling I've heard this before, but I can't remember from where.
Nova Alto… Aren't these both names of cars?
They work rather poorly together. Just about the only reason why they're in the same unit is because they're the only ones who can stand each other for extended periods of time.

de Lorien = DeLorean, and yes, it's the car from BTTF.

Rancer = Yeah, I took the "Lancer" and Engrished it. The LaSalle is also a car reference, from General Motors, if I remember correctly.

Astra = I took it from the name of a car, the Opel Astra, although I think there are others with the same name. It's a fairly common term, meaning "star" or something ("ad astra" = "to the stars"). There's also a car called the Toyota Reiz.

Nova/Alto = Both popular names for cars, with two or more cars sharing the name.

My automobile knowledge is severely lacking. I just went to Wikipedia and searched for major car manufacturers (Toyota, Honda) and followed links from there.
Old 2007-05-17, 23:45   Link #189
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
*Imagines a psycho-Kha*
That girl really got her priorities as being the best device possible. But, on a more realistic note, if Kha and Sakura somehow pulls of that crazy combination, I'm willing to bet that it would be infinitely safer than a technology-forced sync like Aurion's; given Kha and Sakura's fluid cores.
Hmmmmmm... That's a nice thought. But I think I need to rephrase. I was more worried about Sakura having an independent device form like Rein does then the Unison form for she can really run amok cut free from her Meister, and seeing what humanform RH of R's doujin made a mess of the training facilities...

Having said that, this set up would be something I see for the future, after meeting Hayate and RZ close up enough for him to "see" how they do it, and rip them of, to put it bluntly.

Quote:
Oh I see. Interesting points you've got there. (And more of Sakura's craziness ) Especially the Space Magazine part. Makes me wanna see it.
This was the original Time magazine cover I based it on:
Spoiler for Time magazine:

Oh and I heard Hayate's going to star in a MC reality TV series looking for more prospective Riot 6 officers.

Quote:
Heh. Nice interactions you've got there. Then it would seem to be safe to assume that Kha is all professional around the two Forward Stars, right? And maybe I should think about more teasing from our resident nutcase for your two lovebirds there, eh?
I suppose so. It would be a course of a week, when Kha does an introduction and test, then over the next few days picks them out one by one to focus on their weaknesses while the others remain in Nanoha's schedule. Might be room for a sudden deployment against a different Client, and we'll get to see Kaempfer for the first time.

Quote:
Wow... Nice design you've got there. Too bad I can't really draw decent images so I won't be able to show Reishiki and Almaria properly.
No worries. My skill is practically non-existant too. TK was done with rulers and is just a simple blueprint. Anything more complicated than that, like an isometric perspective, and it'll turn out weird. Sigh...

Quote:
JOSHUA MERLIN
Spoiler for click:

TRIVIA
Spoiler:

These are only a few. I don't know what else I should throw in.
Joseph runs, runs and after that runs some more. I see Erio wishing Caro to be more like that, instead of jumping out in between the tank and the mob. As a suggestion, you might want to add some threat lowering skills like "Vanish" or the Blizzard interpretation of Wind Walk as one of his skills to make an annoying fly even more annoying. And yay for chocolate lover too! Maybe I should add Kha's favorite food is Terran Southwest Sector (Brazil) dark chocolate (hence Hayate's suggestion to Fate about what to where to Kha's birthday celebration: Just coat herself with it. )

I see Excalibur not agreeing with Sakura too, with Sakura making a fool of herself because of her blunt speech.

I see Annabelle fighting for Erio with Caro. Does Old Velka valor and combat finesse count? And while Kha might disagree on SEED Destiny, he's undivided about SEED, and Sakura's totally nuts about "New God" Kira, I see some interesting discussions between Kha and Anna.

~~~~~~

Quote:
Woah. Saber, Cloud and Squall in one package, eh? Now if only Omnislash were there. But what the heck, I certainly don't mind. I'll be looking forward to more info on Sabe- I mean Alexandra. Sometimes, you just gotta love these borderline-broken but nontheless appealing characters, ne?
Kha: I wouldn't say that if I were you--

Quote:
Alex: someone's making fun of me...
Anna: don't worry, oneechan! I will make him pay! Miata, Vios, Meteor!
Miata/Vios: Admis d'Ordre.
*Annabelle casts Meteor and aims it at Aaron008R. Leonidas palms his face in disgrace.*
Kha:
Sakura: [There's a Velka saying to "Always beware the cute lolis".]
Kha: I think that was a post to a Terran forum...

Quote:
AAARRGGHHHH! *gets fried by Meteor*
*Clambers out of wreckage and coughs out black smoke*
I'm sorry! I just had a slip of mind because of worrying about my exams for the next day. And I was also in a hurry to type. I never meant to change Alexandra's name! Promise! I'll hammer it to my skull later so I'll never forget.
Sakura: [Click!]
Kha: *dispells Gotteliches Schield* You took a picture?!
Sakura: [Payback time! Whee~~]
Kha: Justice and retribution are aspects of a Cleric-knight but...

~~~~~~

Quote:
Yeah it's really fun when you got something to say. . I wonder how she fares too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A trivia section is often the best way to write about minor character quirks that'll distinguish them from other characters, as opposed to the main profile that needs to focus on the larger aspect of the character (although, that'll depend on the writer's preference). And besides... it's fun thinking up and reading the trivial things that make a character tick

(Like how USB500's Annabelle hates Gundam SEED, which might put her at odds against Kay if they ever met ).

EDIT:

More of Kay's Biography, and also shifting to a new style of profile writing...

Spoiler for length:
Selamat malam! Least expected that Malay greeting to show up. She has the makings of a rogue journalist, and is the successful kind that brings in the big scoops thus making people ambivalent about according her respect or just plain hating her. The EVA trio's having fun as always! Really wondering if they've ever been to the 57th NAW (Non-administrated World) on which Green Planet is set on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
While i'm still here and not heading to work, might as well pitch in with a character background and history.

Spoiler for Kyla's History, Arc I: Before there were 'Aces', there were 'Recruits' Part I: First day.:

yes, it was short for an intro but i'll update it when i come back from shift
Oh so the TSAB was founded rather recently? But that means Graham was transferred from another department, however I do recall him saying that he found a TSAB clerk when he was 10, and if you wind the clock back that far the Gold Squad members weren't even born yet. Might be a plot hole here?

~TO BE CONTINUED due to post limit.
Old 2007-05-18, 00:24   Link #190
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Question 1: yes, Merlin is a lancer. As a matter of fact, he's the member of the Freelancers Council, ranked as a Knight. (note that his lance ability is a direct reference to Star Wars' light sabre combat)
Ah uh... Somehow that reference escaped me. Forgive me!

Just to point out for those who missed it, these were the Star Wars references in my depiction of Old Velka:

Jedi Padawan = Velka Page
Jedi Knight = Velka Knight
Jedi Master = Velka Meister
Force *skill name* = Flash *skill name*

And I never mentioned it, but in my mind, and in the full releases, Sakura powers up her Gotteliches Rapier with a buzz, hums when swung around, and retracts the blade with the trademark *twoop*. Same goes for any of the Old Velka who appear in my fics using energy sabre devices, like Tou and Artei (Appearing in chap 3).

Quote:
Question 2: this is a tough question to answer, but...
Spoiler for click:
Yaay for Mini Boss! But I'm least expected the Kung-fu fight bit. Almost like Sakura trying to stare down a certain scientist without having a pair of eyes to stare with.

Oh and yaay for Engrish. As for the last bit

Chrono: Don't do it! At that rate the TSAB base will--

Avatarform RH + Avatarform Excalibur + Avatarform Sakura = the SOS Devices Against Normalcy (DAN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
So I finally came up with the idea for a random unit which hypothetically specializes in capturing moderately dangerous interdimensional criminals, and stuck Ivey in there.

This may turn up in a story someday, if I find the time to write it.

First, Lieutenant Ivey de Lorien, Special Investigator and main female protagonist. This is only slightly modified from the original version.

Spoiler for Ivey de Lorien:

Next, Captain Rancer LaSalle, second-in-command of the unit, and Ivey's longtime friend.

Spoiler for Rancer LaSalle:

The third member of the forward team, Corporal Reiz Astra, the newbie.

Spoiler for Reiz Astra:

And finally, Major Nova Alto, commander.

Spoiler for Nova Alto:
Sakura: [Her Excellency Lives! Wii~~]
Kha: the character models are there, and so are some of the quirks, but they don't exactly match the SOS Dan... Makes you wonder if there's going to be a Verossa cameo here...

Very indepth, and certainly very funny. They exactly work together, but I'm sure they get the job done. The anime "group of talented misfits" team model if ya will. And most of all I like your language. Very catchy phrases there.

I'd certainly love to see them in action for once! I can see that they aren't the SOS Dan, but they certainly do resemble them, probably from the Ivey-Reiz-Rancer relationship mechanics. I hope Ivey doesn't start forcing the poor Corporal into weird Barrier Jackets in their spare time, or interrupt her henshin strategically, if you catch me my drift. BUT, I definitely look forward to:

Reiz: *stammering* Re- Re- REIZA BEAM!!!

*whoosh*

Kha: Whoa...
Old 2007-05-18, 00:53   Link #191
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Sakura: [Her Excellency Lives! Wii~~]
Kha: the character models are there, and so are some of the quirks, but they don't exactly match the SOS Dan... Makes you wonder if there's going to be a Verossa cameo here...
I did not originally intend to create the SOS-Dan, but I had a look at Rancer's and Reiz's personalities after I finished and went: "... isn't this Kyon and Mikuru all over again?"

And while Ivey isn't Haruhi, she's certainly Konata. (Close enough.)

I'm definitely going to try sticking Verossa in there, although I tried to make Rancer a bit of a mix between Kyon and Koizumi. Might have to wait a few anime episodes first, though.

Quote:
Reiz: *stammering* Re- Re- REIZA BEAM!!!

*whoosh*

Kha: Whoa...
Hee. I did not originally intend that pun, but after I realized that Reiz was Mikuru, I though about this, and it was just too perfect not to use.

"Reiza Beam" indeed. (I wonder if I'll come up with a "Reiza Blade" of some sort...)

EDIT: Random thought: I wonder if I'm technically at a disadvantage for references because I don't like mecha anime.

I do pepper my creations with a fair amount of other random references (there's several D&D ones in there), though, so I suppose it balances out.

Last edited by dkellis; 2007-05-18 at 01:25.
Old 2007-05-18, 02:06   Link #192
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Joseph runs, runs and after that runs some more. I see Erio wishing Caro to be more like that, instead of jumping out in between the tank and the mob. As a suggestion, you might want to add some threat lowering skills like "Vanish" or the Blizzard interpretation of Wind Walk as one of his skills to make an annoying fly even more annoying.
note taken. thanks for the suggestions! *now adding to Joshua's ability; maybe I should refer to him as Merlin instead *

Quote:
And yay for chocolate lover too! Maybe I should add Kha's favorite food is Terran Southwest Sector (Brazil) dark chocolate (hence Hayate's suggestion to Fate about what to where to Kha's birthday celebration: Just coat herself with it. )
Alexandra: I never thought some people will go as far as immersed in a fountain of chocolate...
Fate: *blushes* that... that was Hayate-chan's suggestion! Honest!
Excalibur: *sarcasm* then what is the thing behind your back?
Fate: *quickly hides chocolate sauce* you didn't see anything! You DIDN'T see anything!
*insert ORLY-YARLY between Excalibur & Fate*

Quote:
I see Annabelle fighting for Erio with Caro. Does Old Velka valor and combat finesse count?
Anna: my future husband! *glomps Erio*
Erio: what the-- *is choked* get off me!
*standing behind them are jealous, cute-looking Caro & Lutecia*
Leonidas: this is utter madness... *shakes head in disgrace*
Yuuno: *drinks coffee* ah, the beauty of multi-side love affair... *cackles*

It indeed is.

Quote:
And while Kha might disagree on SEED Destiny, he's undivided about SEED, and Sakura's totally nuts about "New God" Kira, I see some interesting discussions between Kha and Anna.
Kha: if you don't like SEED, then what about SEED-Destiny?
Anna: it was worse than SEED! And I hate Shinn! He's such an emo!
Kha: what else makes you hate both series so much?
Anna: Kira!
Kha: anything else?
Anna: Kira! Kira! and KIRA!
Kha: this is getting ridiculous...

You don't want to win argument with a loli, do you?

Quote:
Avatarform RH + Avatarform Excalibur + Avatarform Sakura = the SOS Devices Against Normalcy (DAN)
Prepare for the end of the world.

Now for Hikki's (some) trivia:
Spoiler for click:

I see if I can post more on Halcyon (since it, too, has its own story to tell).

@ dkellis: I can now imagine Rancer's monologue

Last edited by USB500; 2007-05-18 at 02:41.
Old 2007-05-18, 02:37   Link #193
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

With real life success (running an internet business) comes less time for writing long character profiles (and commenting on them). But those are some nice profiles, and Ivey's back! I don't think even Kay would want to mess with Ivey after that lecture on the possibility of robotic maids And as already pointed out, there is an air of SOS-dan in Ivey's unit. Lacks a Nagato Yuki though :P

All these scenarios are killing me (in a good way :P), need MOAR

*buys more chocolate*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-18, 02:40   Link #194
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
note taken. thanks for the suggestions! *now adding to Joshua's ability; maybe I should refer to him as Merlin instead *
Well to differentiate between the two mages, I suggest not. Sakura might call him Josh-san, though Kha might use Magister Merlin, as I'd see him use as a title for Britainna mages.

Ever thought about Joshua being the self-sealed form of the REAL Merlin, having done so to conserve his life force for the second coming of Arthur, but the Josh half has absolutely no idea of his other half's existence? I'm thinking of Yue/Yukito combo of CCS fame on this. Just a random thought again.

Quote:
Alexandra: I never thought some people will go as far as immersed in a fountain of chocolate...
Fate: *blushes* that... that was Hayate-chan's suggestion! Honest!
Excalibur: *sarcasm* then what is the thing behind your back?
Fate: *quickly hides chocolate sauce* you didn't see anything! You DIDN'T see anything!
*insert ORLY-YARLY between Excalibur & Fate*
Kha: Erm... *Whispers humming as his right eye changes color, then returns to normal when the scan is complete* Why is there a bottle of Hershey's Dark Delight on inside back of your dress?
Fate: Well... Umm...

*meanwhile*

Nanoha: You know because she's not Terran, Fate took it seriously, not to mention literally...
Hayate: I know but... *chuckle*

then...

Aurion: Didn't you say you could see the magic flowing through a place? Does that mean you just saw Fate with nothing on but that magic bottle of hot chocolate?
Kha: !!!
Fate: *turns red*
Sakura: [Father can see any magic through 30 feet of lead so it's no surprise! But no worries, Father's an innocent person.]
Fate: *overheats*
Kha: Sakura not now--
Kay: When I researched Earth culture, I came across that the idea to cover one in chocolate is an mating ritual of sorts, when both parties eat the brown stuff off each other...
Fate: *faints*
Sakura: [Oh she passed out.]
Kha: KAY!!!

What mayhem...

Quote:
Anna: my future husband! *glomps Erio*
Erio: what the-- *is choked* get off me!
*standing behind them are jealous, cute-looking Caro & Lutecia*
Leonidas: this is utter madness... *shakes head in disgrace*
Yuuno: *drinks coffee* ah, the beauty of multi-side love affair... *cackles*

It indeed is.
Chrono: *Hayate-thumb* G-job!
*turns round to see a flaming Kha with Sakurazaki deploying Gotteliches Rapier*
Kha: Ne I heard you tutored my page in my absence and I haven't thanked you for it...
Chrono: W-wait I can explain. Chaos you snitch!

Quote:
Kha: if you don't like SEED, then what about SEED-Destiny?
Anna: it was worse than SEED! And I hate Shinn! He's such an emo!
Kha: what else makes you hate both series so much?
Anna: Kira!
Kha: anything else?
Anna: Kira! Kira! and KIRA!
Kha: this is getting ridiculous...

You don't want to win argument with a loli, do you?
Actually its a mistake in my phrasing. Kha thinks SEED is okay, but totally despised SEED Destiny, thinks Shin is screwed, laments that Athrun, his favorite char in SEED, lost his spine, Kira is uberhaxx and doesn't think much of the upcoming Eternity either. Sorry!

Quote:
Now for Hikki's (some) trivia:
Spoiler for click:

I see if I can post more on Halcyon (since it, too, has its own story to tell).

@ dkellis: I can now imagine Rancer's monologue
Hikki probably IS going to get in trouble with Mai if she finds out what he suggested.

Interesting... Isn't a big Device assistant a little unwieldy? I suppose that's why most devices don't request that (A loli is still rather compact to a full-grown lady ), but then persocons from Chobits are big assistants.

Last edited by Kha; 2007-05-18 at 02:58.
Old 2007-05-18, 02:56   Link #195
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Well to differentiate between the two mages, I suggest not. Sakura might call him Josh-san, though Kha might use Magister Merlin, as I'd see him use as a title for Britainna mages.

Ever thought about Joshua being the self-sealed form of the REAL Merlin, having done so to conserve his life force for the second coming of Arthur, but the Josh half has absolutely no idea of his other half's existence? I'm thinking of Yue/Yukito combo of CCS fame on this. Just a random thought again.
Again.... note taken?

Quote:
Kha: Erm... *Whispers humming as his right eye changes color, then returns to normal when the scan is complete* Why is there a bottle of Hershey's Dark Delight on inside back of your dress?

*meanwhile*

Nanoha: You know because she's not Terran, Fate took it seriously, not to mention literally...

then...

Aurion: Didn't you say you could see the magic flowing through a place? Does that mean you just saw Fate with nothing on but that magic bottle of hot chocolate?
Sakura: [Father can see any magic through 30 feet of lead so it's no surprise! But no worries, Father's an innocent person.]
Kay: When I researched Earth culture, I came across that the idea to cover one in chocolate is an mating ritual of sorts, when both parties eat the brown stuff off each other...

What mayhem...
at faraway...

Yuuno: the usual day of the TSAB officers... *grins and slurps coffee*
Joshua: I don't understand these people....

Quote:
Kha: Ne I heard you tutored my page in my absence and I haven't thanked you for it...
Chrono, you got owned! XD

Quote:
Hikki probably IS going to get in trouble with Mai if she finds out what he suggested.
The possibility is endless....

Quote:
Interesting... Isn't a big Device assistant a little unwieldy? I suppose that's why most devices don't request that (A loli is still rather compact to a full-grown lady ), but then persocons from Chobits are big assistants.
that's why I'm working on Halcyon's background ATM. Its story is as interesting as Excalibur, except that Halcyon's past was as a Greek Goddess. Spoiler: Alcyone actually did have a child, but he died due of illness. She didn't tell her husband Ceyx of the matter, fearing that it would devastate him.

Hmm... Chii-like assistant....
Old 2007-05-18, 03:18   Link #196
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

*meanwhile*

then...

What mayhem...
Rey: *Plays wav file "OWNING"*
Shinji: They really do that?
Asuka: Probably another one of Kay's fabrications or something...
Rey: Asides from chocolate, Earth people are also known to use other edible substances like whipped cream and maple syrup.
Shinji/Asuka:... wha...
Rey: It was part of our research on Earth mating culture.
Asuka: Somehow, I don't believe you...

I think a combined fic with the characters here is in order

Quote:
Chrono, may your soul rest in pieces

[/QUOTE]

Old 2007-05-18, 03:40   Link #197
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Oh so the TSAB was founded rather recently? But that means Graham was transferred from another department, however I do recall him saying that he found a TSAB clerk when he was 10, and if you wind the clock back that far the Gold Squad members weren't even born yet. Might be a plot hole here?
Well not founded recently, only the civilian recruitment center- since in my space, the TSAB was a military extension of the galactic military- then gradually became a semi-military agency, with part civilian additions (D.O. 52), to the now paramilitary bureau (D.O. 120, 153, and 175- the formal establishment of the bureau), made up of civilian and private individuals.

Quote:
Directive Orders (D.O.s) - in brief:
52: The Time-Space Protectorate Forces was renamed the Time-Space Administration Bureau, outlining it's new function- doing multiversial administration and monitoring, primarily by military with civilian advisers. Adm. Graham may be one of the last pure military trained bureau agents.
120: The bureau order to transition from military to paramilitary begins with the reduction of the military staff in the lower levels of the directorate, thus opening the door to civilians to join- and hence the recruitment centers. Even though they use military ranks and systems and the overall strength is almost equivalent to the entire galactic military, the bureau is still regarded as a civilian paramilitary group because of the administrative functions it does.
153: The bureau will now further reduce the number of military officers, as the number of civilian agents increase, thus allowing the opening of the commandership positions to civilians- in the later stages of the act, only 2 of the 11 seats of the commandership are occupied by military officers.
175:The formalization of the bureau as a civil paramilita group- only one seat- the Chief Director is occupied by a military officer- coincidentally the Galactic Military Supreme Commander- though his/her powers in the bureau are very limited- the real power lies in the other 10 seats of the commandership- which in AlternateS I, includes Lindy and Carim and in AlternateS II, replaces Lindy with Kyla.
- Expect me to churn a ton of lines tomorrow night

---

Kyla: Chocolate...
Minerva: Oh dear, the captain's bitter again- after that A-C-E thing back on Earl with Lady Mashiro.
Old 2007-05-18, 04:23   Link #198
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I thought the seats was Board of Directors which Carim has a position in, not seats of commandership. I don't think Carim possesses any military powers in Mid-childa, just self=autonomy of Belka.

Wait...Gil found the clerk at 10!? NOOO~! Now I have to re-rectify my ARIA and Flora timelines!

....Maybe. If I have the time, just maybe I'll do my fanon modification of a canon character, namely my favourite Gil Graham. Maybe I'll make it so his real name was Gilbert Graham or something. :{

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-18, 07:50   Link #199
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Well not founded recently, only the civilian recruitment center- since in my space, the TSAB was a military extension of the galactic military- then gradually became a semi-military agency, with part civilian additions (D.O. 52), to the now paramilitary bureau (D.O. 120, 153, and 175- the formal establishment of the bureau), made up of civilian and private individuals.

- Expect me to churn a ton of lines tomorrow night

---
Interesting backgrounds here, would explain why despite being more of a military organization, the TSAB somehow uses civilian terminology (clerks). Although a concrete timeline would make this background much better IMHO GJ btw.

And for another in Kay's Biography... this time, I'll be doing an unusual thing in profiles, introducing another key character in the process of profiling Kay, having written about him in the previous profiles, since as I discovered you get to know more about the character through how they interact (which is why I just love all these short stories you crazy guys do ).

Anyways, continuing with the profile, now covering Part I of AI's, and a little character intro:

Spoiler for length:

Old 2007-05-18, 08:43   Link #200
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

While I love reading backgrounds and character specifics, I suppose what irks me the most about them is that I can never remember which page such-and-such character's most-recent updated background is on, and I can barely keep track of who owns which character.

Anyone have an easier way? Apart from copy-and-paste into a text file (and losing all formatting like bold and such)?
Closed Thread