AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-03, 05:46   Link #681
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Belew View Post
Would've never guessed from watching the anime, which was just plain awful in a few places. Kirito certainly is the most insanely overpowered MC ever, I'd say, and the story and plot sometimes had that immese plot holes you could've flown a Boeing 747 right through them with ample space on the sides.
Never read the novels so I can't say if it was just a bad adaption, but I can't imagine that the novel can be that immensely better to be such a big hit.

Still, at least Kikou Shoujo managed to make the list, so a second season shouldn't be too unlikely

Date A Live is doing well and gets a new season in April. Yay!
Highschool DxD is still going strong, nearly as good as IS. If IS could get another season there with much less story content, DxD should be able to get another one, too! Yes, I know DxD only ended in Summer, but still... I'm having Asia and Xenovia withdrawal. I need more!
Don't forget Hataraku as well. I wouldn't mind a Season 2, especially since that series still has a lot of material to work with.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 22:04   Link #682
Charlotte Belew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Huh, my Anime Trakr App popped a message just yesterday saying a season 2 had already been announced, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere on the net. *shrug*
Seriously? That would be great!
If it's correct, that is. Where does this Anime Tracker App get its info from?
Charlotte Belew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 07:10   Link #683
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Ah! I finished the series after stopped in episode 9 because of real world stuff

Overall review :
Honestly, there's really nothing wrong with the plot....
I enjoyed this even when the manga already covered until episode 10...

I'm a tolerant person but there are three things I can't tolerate here

1. Yaya's random power-up in last episode
what the hell is that... Unicorn power??? It also looks like the power just emerged without Raishin's influence.. which means, Yaya is strong enough without her puppeteer... confusing

2. Repeating speech
Loki and Sin's repeating speech... I'm bored hearing those

3. Those animation.... AGH!! If there's season 2, they should use Tokyo Ravens' animation... The beauty of the character is horribly pictured (and hurts my eyes)... although the battle is good already

so far, I'm enjoying Kikou Shoujo because of the plot, the character... and for the anime, the soundtrack and BGM are awesome
I'm hoping for season 2.... This series isn't quite popular, but I really waited this anime since they announced it in ANN
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 07:42   Link #684
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
From Kono Light novel sugoi thread

Top Selling Light Novels of 2013

*1位 2,006,033部 Sword Art Online
*2位 1,051,305部 Kagerou Days
*3位 *,947,772部 Mahouka
*4位 *,727,435部 Hataraku Maou Sama
*5位 *,707,626部 Yahari Ore Seishun
*6位 *,650,692部 To Aru Majutsu no Index New Testament
*7位 *,618,026部 Monogatari
*8位 *,612,472部 Date A Live
*9位 *,565,787部 Kurono no Basket -Replace-
10位 *,546,142部 Accel World
11位 *,516,907部 Mondaiji-tachi
12位 *,369,306部 Strike the Blood
13位 *,358,990部 Infinite Stratos
14位 *,357,498部 Oreimo
15位 *,346,173部 Highschool DxD
16位 *,290,715部 Haganai
17位 *,271,999部 Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
18位 *,267,088部 Henneko
19位 *,235,532部 Baka to Test
20位 *,198,895部 Aria the Scarlet Ammo
21位 *,191,094部 Oreshura
22位 *,189,537部 Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
23位 *,180,426部 Machine Doll
24位 *,178,154部 Ryuugoroshi no Sugosu Hibi
25位 *,170,295部 Haganai CONNECT
26位 *,169,178部 Gate - Thus The JSDF Fought There
27位 *,165,883部 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon GENESIS
28位 *,158,304部 Ao no Exorcist
29位 *,157,423部 Koten-bu
30位 *,155,964部 To Aru Majutsu no Index
Off-Topic:

Looking at Kagerou Days, I think that one is just an adaptation from a Music Video. That's my opinion.

Anyways, let's hope that Machine Doll will have another season (as well as DxD, BakaTest, Hidan no Aria, and Accel World).

But regarding the third arc from Season 1? What is Bernstein trying to accomplish, other than playing mind games with Raishin and Charlotte? Seriously, she's a troll in my opinion!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 07:46   Link #685
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Off-Topic:

Looking at Kagerou Days, I think that one is just an adaptation from a Music Video. That's my opinion.

Anyways, let's hope that Machine Doll will have another season (as well as DxD, BakaTest, Hidan no Aria, and Accel World).

But regarding the third arc from Season 1? What is Bernstein trying to accomplish, other than playing mind games with Raishin and Charlotte? Seriously, she's a troll in my opinion!
Clearly, you know little about the godliness of KagePro. I don't even know what's the point of that comment here.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 08:13   Link #686
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Clearly, you know little about the godliness of KagePro. I don't even know what's the point of that comment here.
I'm aware of how Kagerou Days is getting hyped because of the upcoming anime adaptation, but I still consider it as an adaptation from a Vocaloid song. If the Kagerou Project started as a LN, I'll consider it.

Now then, I'm getting off-topic now. BTW, I still don't get it regarding Ms. Bernstein's true motives.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 04:32   Link #687
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Finally! Breezed through the finale of the "Facing Sword Angel" Arc and the entirety of the "Elf Speeder" Arc.

Well that ends it. I can't say much about the series because of a headache due to the marathon, but it felt like the series lacked a true end to it—true, Raishin and Yaya's relationship seem to have "improved", but the battles will continue on with #87 already proving to be a massive pain for Raishin. And we still have the thing with Magnus and Karyuusai.

Ahh, so many things still unknown...!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 06:42   Link #688
Amario

Well finally finished watching the series and have to say disappointed at times, thought we would get to see more time with Magnus. Yaya needs to remember she is an automaton before worrying so much about Raishin, how can you possibly fight Magnus if she is too worried about him during a situation where they would have to fight. Ending was too bland for me.
Liked the music that played in the final episode when Yaya the Moon awoken, worked rather well for it.
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 06:50   Link #689
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I'm actually surprised people enjoy this series. The anime is very amateur, and they're having horrible timing issues. Not too surprising, coming from a studio with only a couple major works under their belt.

In terms of pacing and content, it doesn't even come close to the manga. The anime has less emphasis on story, more emphasis on fanservice.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 07:42   Link #690
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Well finally finished watching the series and have to say disappointed at times, thought we would get to see more time with Magnus. Yaya needs to remember she is an automaton before worrying so much about Raishin, how can you possibly fight Magnus if she is too worried about him during a situation where they would have to fight. Ending was too bland for me.
The lack of a true battle between the two is a bit disappointing, especially with the OP credits showing a cataclysmic showdown between Magnus and Raishin. That said, how Magnus prevented a possible fight with Raishin during the incident with the Headmaster shows some things about being a gentlemanly competitor for the Wise Man title. (It may also mean that he implies that he can wipe the floor with Raishin anytime. )

Quote:
I'm actually surprised people enjoy this series. The anime is very amateur, and they're having horrible timing issues. Not too surprising, coming from a studio with only a couple major works under their belt.

In terms of pacing and content, it doesn't even come close to the manga. The anime has less emphasis on story, more emphasis on fanservice.
I don't understand what you say about the anime because all I'm familiar with is the anime, and I wouldn't plan on picking up the light novels due to time constraints.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 18:32   Link #691
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post

I disagree with the pacing. Of course, in the anime there were some things that shouldn't be there, like revealing Nadeshiko/Hotaru's face in ep 2, while unnecessarily repeating that in ep 8 or 9 which of them I forgot.

EDIT: OST is out!!!! Magica and Impermanence are my fav. tracks.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 20:40   Link #692
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

altough the story is quite unique and interesting. the characters were typical
Old 2014-04-10, 01:02   Link #693
EroKing

Old 2016-03-14, 13:58   Link #694
couchpatato

im surpise sao sales the good to.It keeps going downhill in my opinion but hey trow a Ai ni there calls kirito daddy and it all good apparently lol

i read up[ to volume 9 of this series.I im going admit first season was jsut decent but if make second one it be4 amazeing it go off ln.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2016-03-14 at 18:06. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
couchpatato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 21:57   Link #695
mark1246

After many Years, the series is now over
Old 2017-08-26, 22:44   Link #696
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
After many Years, the series is now over
So how did it end?

Did he get revenge?

Did Yaya eat him and become a machine god or whatever?

Did anyone actually win that contest thing they had going on?
Old 2018-05-13, 04:16   Link #697
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

so how did the LN end

Tags
action, cgi, comedy, harem