AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Kashimashi characters?
Hazumu Osaragi 33 36.26%
Yasuna Kamiizumi 26 28.57%
Tomari Kurusu 61 67.03%
Asuta Soro 9 9.89%
Sora Hitoshi 5 5.49%
Ayuki Mori 14 15.38%
Jan Poo 10 10.99%
Namiko Tsuki 2 2.20%
Toru Osaragi 2 2.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-15, 08:59   Link #21
jtstellar

the yasuna long hair, gloomy, wavy hairstyle (resembles look of someone who hasn't washed their hair in a long time), watermelon-head cliche character has always been one of the least popular main character types.. not sure why some creators still bother using them. tomari the more outgoing type girl generally overwhelms popular vote just like the poll has shown thus far and even if she doesn't happen to be voter's favorite, very seldom does this type of character find itself hated. on the other hand some people including myself just utterly dislike the 24/7 depressed, sapped-of-energy type of character like her.. why? not sure, i don't think it's a logical rationale, perhaps because that type of person in real life usually has some kind of emotional problem and most people have suffered being indirected targeted by her type's emotional break-outs one way or the other. passerby people help those emotionally troubled ones from time to time, just like i do, but does anyone seriously enjoy being around them for extended periods of time? i would doubt that.
jtstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 19:19   Link #22
Touka
Air, reason, revered.
*Graphic Designer

I think Tomari is my overall favourite character. She was excellent! Plus the person who voiced her (Yukari Tamura) also voiced Sakura in Da Capo, who is another one of my favourite characters.

Ayuki was a brilliant character because she's so calm and cool. She never goes out of her way for anything, she just observes. I think she's quite like me.

Asuta and Hazumu's dad because were also awesome! They were EXTREMELY funny! They're great. If Asuta and Hazumu's dad weren't in the series I don't think it wouldn't have been as good. I was always looking forward to their funny moments in every episode. Although there wasn't any in episode 11 and 12. Even so, I think Kashimashi has some of the funniest moments ever out of all the animes I've seen!

I like Jan Puu because she's just a very lovable character. Best pink haired character ever! Sora was great aswell, another very funny character! Especially in the Beach episode. :P

I liked Yasuna because Yui Horie voiced her and she also voiced Kotori in Da Capo (who is my favourite character), but I didn't really like her character in Kashimashi until the end.

Overall, I thought it was a very enjoyable and extremely funny series! I actually never knew who Hazumu would end up with, it wasn't predictable, which was great, plus episode 13 was a pleasant supprise. Theres such a small cast of characters but I liked everyone! The voice acting was excellent and featured some of my favourite voice actresses. The animation and character designs were also very good. I don't have anything bad to say about Kashimashi... I really enjoyed it! Although it's very unlikely, I hope it's released in the UK!
Touka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 02:57   Link #23
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

My favorite characters were the three from the main love triangle: Hazumu, Tomari, and Yasuna. In the end, I couldn't root for either Yasuna or Tomari to be with Hazumu more than the other. So in many ways, I consider episode 12 and the OVA (episode 13) to be different endings, both of which I enjoyed. I loved Kashimashi and I definitely enjoyed every minute watching it.
Old 2008-06-04, 17:39   Link #24
oompa loompa

A good watch, kashimashi has removed my disillusion of shojo animes. the last one i watched, as it happens, was shuffle! which left me soulless. However, Kashimashi does a wonderful job in leaving everyone satisfied (well except asuta..) which i havnt seen in any other show. A good watch , of which i enjoyed a lot, im not sure about its rewatch value.. but it was definetly worth every minute.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 14:21   Link #25
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
A good watch, kashimashi has removed my disillusion of shojo animes. the last one i watched, as it happens, was shuffle! which left me soulless. However, Kashimashi does a wonderful job in leaving everyone satisfied (well except asuta..) which i havnt seen in any other show. A good watch , of which i enjoyed a lot, im not sure about its rewatch value.. but it was definetly worth every minute.
Read the manga now

It is a lot more well developed, and the romance is a lot more meaningful.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 16:03   Link #26
Abashi

Yasuna rocks this world! XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKJQgnwkiVY
Abashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 09:40   Link #27
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'd rate this about a 9.3/10. I watched this in a non-stop marathon yesterday. I can rarely do that for a series.

I was quite impressed by this series. Ocassionally, the animation was a little sloppy, I wasn't into the theme songs. But for story and characters - yike! Consistent and strong from start to finish. To be able to pull off a shoujo-ai story without caving in to pointless cliches or perversions and do an engaging, gripping story instead - brilliant. Tomari - *swoon*. Was pleased the true ending was Tomari x Hazumu. Yasuna was okay but...she just seemed incredibly possessive sometimes, particularly in snatching hazumu away from Tomari at every chance she got. Hazumu seemed to return Yasuna's feelings more out of pity/empathy rather than mutual affection. With Tomari, there was a deep connection, one were there was mutual affection. And Tomari - I really do like her. She quickly set Hazumu on the right path after the gender-bend, helped her adjust and was always there for Hazumu. Tomari was even continually willing to defer to Yasuna because she valued Hazumu's happiness more than her own. And the series didn't play the 'be kidn to both card' too much, which was overdone in Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. The 'choose or you'll hurt both' dilemma was played out well. Favourite moments would have to be Tomari's confession as she stood with Hazumu in the river, along with the two times they kissed.
Old 2008-10-20, 09:19   Link #28
reaper1984
Suigintou Follower

Send a message via MSN to reaper1984
honestly, I didn't know what to expect at first when I saw this anime... but it really did make me laugh... and jan poo was my favourite... I dunno I like those types sometimes... ONLY sometimes might I add... lol

Overall I enjoyed it... and thank god for the OVA... I wouldn't have been happy with the original ending -_- lol
reaper1984 is offline   Reply With Quote