AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-08-04, 17:17   Link #701
andy

So i just watch the last ep of the OVA and once again a anime destroy what i like about the manga .
The last ep was such a joke .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 11:29   Link #702
Belial13

With the OVA now officially done, i can say i like the series much better

It was nice and all, but i didn't get that same awesome feeling, maybe it's because the wait between the episodes, but i don't think so
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 12:57   Link #703
klare

i understand Roberta had killed many but it does not feel right about her ending... tho she may have found peace and no longer take up weapons again

as for Rock's motive, i do not fully get it

overall the OVA is still good, especially the bloody actions, will be better if they were a bit kinder towards Roberta
Old 2011-08-05, 18:56   Link #704
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Wow, this sucks. So in other to create a bigger impact and gives it a more 'complete' conclusion to the arc, they fked up the invincible Roberta (deviating from the source). Not sure I want to watch more BL after this and manga is on hiatus too.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 04:12   Link #705
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Roberta was unharmed in the manga...so why did they have to butcher her? Curse you Madhouse!!!

Oh boy this reminds me of Claymore's anime ending...when Madhouse decided to create their own crappy ending that destroyed the hopes of the fans from having a Claymore season 2. I'll never trust Madhouse again when it comes to adapting a manga.
grandchaosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 14:10   Link #706
reaper_unique

^ Don't overreact now.
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 14:40   Link #707
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Did you guys know that the English VAs for Revy, Roberta, and Hansel are in the new My Little Pony show? :lol:
Old 2011-08-12, 14:57   Link #708
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That's hot rofl.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 20:08   Link #709
Xagzan

Funimation got the rights to the dub yes? I hear that might mean no Brad Swaile?

Also, I've been mentioning this here and there, but I think it would be great for Funi to just briefly edit that credits scene in some sort of alternate ending, even if just on the eventual DVD release. You know, for those of us who've read the manga and were disappointed by that scene. And really, it's only a few short seconds of footage, and Roberta is either sitting or standing still the whole time. How much effort could it possibly take to edit in an arm for Roberta, and replace that prosthetic foot with a simple shoe? Maybe even ditch the eyepatch and reveal she still has her eye underneath. Can't really give her back her fingers (I don't think) cause that happened earlier in the episode, and was pretty visible. But still, I don't think it would be any trouble for them. Not with how often and egregiously Naruto Shippuden is edited to make it fit on a Disney channel.

Well, I'm sure it's just a silly wish and that it probably won't happen, but it would sure be great. It definitely wouldn't fix all the ova's problems, but giving us an alternate credits scene that didn't butcher Roberta would at least make it rewatchable for me. As it is now, I don't think I could watch it again with that ugly ending looming in my mind. Guess I share Mizuno's sentiment.

Last edited by Xagzan; 2011-09-01 at 21:06.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 05:07   Link #710
YuriEcchiGirl

I'm rather intrigued by a Black Lagoon OVA personally, as I'm sure it'll rock just as much as what the original first two seasons of the series already does (I own the complete collection DVD boxset)
Old 2011-09-03, 09:28   Link #711
Xagzan

You make it sound like it hasn't been aired yet. But you know of course it's finished by now, right?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 14:34   Link #712
YuriEcchiGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
You make it sound like it hasn't been aired yet. But you know of course it's finished by now, right?
I know now, lol! Thanks for reminding me as I truly forgot!
Old 2011-11-05, 19:44   Link #713
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
that extra page in the manga after the ending of that roberta arc...was that ever translated? Does anyone know what said in that conversation between Rock and Chang?
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 09:19   Link #714
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriEcchiGirl View Post
I'm rather intrigued by a Black Lagoon OVA personally, as I'm sure it'll rock just as much as what the original first two seasons of the series already does (I own the complete collection DVD boxset)
The OVA was actually a let down, but hey that's just my opinion. and I absolutely love the series. :-)
d' airscapez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 02:46   Link #715
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Is this OVA the end of Black Lagoon animated?
Old 2013-11-23, 09:07   Link #716
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
For now, yeah.

There's a new arc going on in the BL manga.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 16:41   Link #717
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Spoiler for Rock vs the CIA:
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen