AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-19, 06:24   Link #1421
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Natsuki's smile is still creeping me out.

Sorta like that creepy smile that Inori, the Ringu-girl in Hyakko had. Misplaced smiles are just creepy..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 06:30   Link #1422
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyme View Post
Riko's fantasy is ero so I like it.
Oh... yeah! *sizzles*

Spoiler for Episode 11:
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 06:33   Link #1423
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero View Post
All in all, a pretty good episode.
That last sequence was a double-edged sword. Chiaki was supposed to give the chocolate (dropped on the ground, no less!) to someone who didn't matter, which downgrades Makoto. At the same time, she was also supposed to give it to someone "remotely reasonable." No way would Chiaki even last season have considered Makoto "remotely reasonable" So progress, or not?
Besides plain pudding, Chiaki rarely interacts with the other guys in her class. So perhaps Makoto is like a choice without a choice?
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 07:15   Link #1424
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for ep 11:
I don't remember learning about peppers in chemistry class...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 09:11   Link #1425
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

It's actually really surprising that Kana's one of those people who gets academic concepts really easily, but is just too lazy to actually study on her own. But on hindsight, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, considering both Haruka and Chiaki both seem to be good in academics. and the difference between those two and Kana is that Kana is just plain lazy lol.

As for Valentines day, I'd say it's a baby step for Chikai and Makoto. I'd like to think that its because it was dropped on the ground that Chiaki was able to give it to Makoto. Otherwise, even though he's 'within reason', she's too embarassed to give it to him even as a sort of practice. It ain't much, but as I said, it's a baby step.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 10:00   Link #1426
typhonsentra

I think we're supposed to take it as nothing more than her giving him something she wouldn't want nor give to someone close to her rather than any kind of a serious advance in relationship.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 10:05   Link #1427
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Cicero nailed it pretty much:

Quote:
That last sequence was a double-edged sword. Chiaki was supposed to give the chocolate (dropped on the ground, no less!) to someone who didn't matter, which downgrades Makoto. At the same time, she was also supposed to give it to someone "remotely reasonable." No way would Chiaki even last season have considered Makoto "remotely reasonable" So progress, or not?
Ship needs more sailors to operate it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 10:06   Link #1428
SageGaiGar
You are Next

"This is just the plain depiction of the days of the lives of the three Minami Sisters

Don't expect too much"

Also bright your room and keep atleast 3m away from the computer screen :v

Never stopped people from getting serious about this show. XD
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 10:51   Link #1429
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

It's destiny!

As much as I enjoy the romantic relationship progression in these shows, Okaeri isn't about that. I find it highly unlikely anyone will be involved romantically at the end of this series. The show has some elements of a high school romance in that we see the obligatory love triangles, lack of communication and generally oblivious male/female lead (in this case Kana) but these are all simply devices implemented to add humor and expand the scope of the show from just the 3 Minami sisters. I suppose we can still hope…I would love to see Haruka and Hosaka/Natsuki hook up or Kana and Fujioka etc.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 12:44   Link #1430
TsukikoChan

ep11 was nice^^ riko is turning into hosaka for fantasies and stuff XD which is a good thing lol. imagine if she develops a hosaka-esque laugh!

awww, i was expecting more development from the end section of the episode from the initial spoiler previews >< *pets makochan* poor lil tanuki.

one episode left of this series :3 cant wait!
TsukikoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 13:21   Link #1431
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukikoChan View Post
Two left. It's 13 episodes in total.
Old 2009-03-19, 14:19   Link #1432
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
"This is just the plain depiction of the days of the lives of the three Minami Sisters

Don't expect too much"

Also bright your room and keep atleast 3m away from the computer screen :v

Never stopped people from getting serious about this show. XD
I don't think people are really expecting stuff, only dreaming about it...in the same way that I hope to visit Mars someday. Besides, serious is fun!

Also, she said TV screen.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 16:58   Link #1433
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukikoChan View Post
ep11 was nice^^ riko is turning into hosaka for fantasies and stuff XD which is a good thing lol. imagine if she develops a hosaka-esque laugh!

awww, i was expecting more development from the end section of the episode from the initial spoiler previews >< *pets makochan* poor lil tanuki.

I really like Kana's and Riko's seiyuus work this episode. They're just too cute!

As for Makoto its the thought that counts doesn't it?

If it were just anyone it would've been Plain Yogurt but Chiaki choose the Dumb Kid.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:00   Link #1434
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One wonders how Makoto feels about that? Since Mako-chan was there when the chocolates where made and all.
Old 2009-03-19, 17:36   Link #1435
puppygod

Quote:
(...)
Kana is insane. Chili peppers in a bath? And how many would you have to put in for it to be skin-scorching? Why did Haruka approve this?
It's close to end of season 3, and you just now realized that Kana is crazy? That's why we love her.

Oh, and I bet Haruka wouldn't approve - if she knew.

Quote:
Okay, when did Kana et al. become geniuses? 100,99,98 and 97? My word. Maybe it's to make up for their utter lack of intelligence when it comes to romance etc.
I guess it's Keiko mad tutoring skillz in the working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One wonders how Makoto feels about that? Since Mako-chan was there when the chocolates where made and all.
Confused. Definitely confused
puppygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:59   Link #1436
anyme

No, Kana got high score because Riko's prediction skill.

I found funny thing is when male characters expected something then they failed.
Since Hosaka's simulation to Makoto's expectation , also count Fujioka's love letter. They're gone wrong all the ways.
anyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 03:29   Link #1437
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They may be failing in some ways, but they might be succeding in others (other than Hosaka who has made no progress towards Haruka).

Fujioka gets to go over to the Minami home rather often and is accepted by Haruka and Chiaki...Kana may or may not have a clue, but she brings him over anyway.

Makoto seems to be gaining ground with Chiaki...which was not his goal. He's however gained an eventful second life. Mako-chan is readily accepted by Haruka and Chiaki. Mako-chan is allowed to be close to Haruka (goal achieved). Kana is amused by Mako-chan, thus she keeps helping Mako-chan.

Natsuki is an idiot, but then we don't fully know his goals other than those related to making sure his sister making it home in time for dinner. He's been gifted with a tsundere-like responce from Haruka, and multiple viewing of the promised hills. (Mako-chan has gained that reward as well though). Chiaki and Kana do not approve of him, though he does fluster Haruka.

Hosaka...has become more skilled at everything he has attempted to do. Almost to a master level of perfection, especially in cooking. He's extremely fit. He just hasn't done anything directly (that has succeded anyway) related to his goal of Haruka. He's come up with a plan or two that might have worked, but things conspire to thwart him (The rain letting up. Haruka already having a cake. Someone else having food Haruka can have before Hosaka can arrive on the scene). Chiaki sort of approves of him however...and that is a good thing.

The Minami's Cousin ("Uncle")...he's on again off again with his girlfriend and rather pathetic at times. However he seemed to get along with the "slightly broken" nurse from Chiaki's school.

The other two Minami brothers...The youngest has the misfortune of raising Fujioka's Banchou flags because of his friendship with Kana. We've not seen him all that much since th First Season in this situation however, though his likes are for long haired girls (expect Kana...probably because he's never seen her with her hair down) and approves of Riko...but love square is warped when none of the members have a real clue what is going on. The Eldest Minami Brother is a relative unknown...suspected lolicon/imouto lover based on his gifts to Touma as she was growing up. Other information is well...unknown.
Old 2009-03-21, 04:38   Link #1438
Sides

Btw if there is a 4th series, which is highly likely, i will be great if one of guys would request a subforum. I mean it is already 3 series and over 100 manga chapters now. However there is not point for it now, as this series is almost over.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 15:43   Link #1439
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Makoto seems to be gaining ground with Chiaki...which was not his goal. He's however gained an eventful second life. Mako-chan is readily accepted by Haruka and Chiaki. Mako-chan is allowed to be close to Haruka (goal achieved). Kana is amused by Mako-chan, thus she keeps helping Mako-chan.
I think Makoto does harbor a strong desire for Chiaki's approval; why else would he respond so strongly to the tanuki analogy? So Chiaki approval is a nice side-benefit. If only he could transfer that from Mako-chan to Makoto somehow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Btw if there is a 4th series, which is highly likely, i will be great if one of guys would request a subforum. I mean it is already 3 series and over 100 manga chapters now. However there is not point for it now, as this series is almost over.
Subforums aren't about series length, but popularity, as determined by post count. Series usually get a subforum when they attract a certain number of posts within a short period of time. Sadly, the combined post levels for Minami-ke (62 pages+46 pages+however many this season gets to) don't even come close to what the majority of shows with subforums have. Admittedly, Minami-ke is more deserving than some shows that have them, but those were mostly "mistakes"--namely shows that crashed and burned after their initial episodes, for whatever reason.

And even with a fourth season, do we even want a subforum? To me, there's nothing sadder than a large subforum where each thread has maybe 5 posts.
They need a rather large fanbase to support, so that hypothetical fourth season would have to be godly.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 16:30   Link #1440
Hakuryu
Klutz

Well, it took me much longer than expected but here are the freebies from episode 10.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life