AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-05, 21:06   Link #81
evil-samurai

Primula calling Rin, oni-chan doesn't sound so good as Rin. Anyway apart from that, Great to see more of Rim-chan. She was in the Ship at the Very Start of the Episode and then in the jet fighter loved that moment when Rin ate some of Primula food then he falls on her anyway, cant wait to see the sub so I can understand what Rim-chan was saying, oh! and kaede and Sia at the end dont like yuri, so glad it wasn't primula, still kaede... and Sia..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
Unfortunately, I haven't seen the episode and can only make guesses at what happened.
So let's just wait patiently for Omniscient's summary.

And ooo... A Primula gif.
Spoiler:

[EDIT]
Oh wow, I just saw a clip of the ending credits.
The Primula + the 2 Kings scene was so darn funny!!

And OMG ! AMA in the credits looks uber kawaii !!! *Moe melt* >_<
Cute ^^ Its not over for Asa yet

EDIT// And Primula in the ending Credits with the Dad's lol loved that, the expressions on Primulas face was Priceless ~> well i'm off to the beach now cya! ^^
Old 2006-01-05, 21:37   Link #82
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I just got done watching the raw, and I liked what I saw even if I couldn't understand 99.9% of it! (I'll wait for the sub to comment more.)

-------------

Did any of you raw watchers notice what Tsubomi was reading in the cafe scene? And how about that sponser bumper at the end?
Old 2006-01-05, 21:50   Link #83
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I suspect (this isn't what I want) --- that there will be OVAs that use the status quo of the ending to just have "days in the life" silliness .... the girls keep orbiting Rin and Asa has to fend them off. That would be kind of sad.

I"d *like* to see the characters develop their own stories... even end up with their own guys/girls. A Mayumi/Itsuki reckoning could be quite entertaining. Sia and Kaede (assuming the implication isn't just "teaser" crap) ... Kareha and Primula trying to convince Asa that polygamy is a wonderful thing...
Nerine finding a guy who likes omelettes. Ama dating the two dads (we're still not clear on what happened to Asa dad... but the way they talk about him I assume he's deceased).... the dads are clearly both open for fun as it were.

But I doubt the writers have it in them .... <sigh>
Yeah I think that second paragraph isn't very likely at all in this genre. It's exceedingly rare. In fact, off the top of my head, the only show I can think of in the genre that did that was Kanon (and you can't buy that OVA episode anywhere anymore). The first type is probably the only type of OVA I could imagine; it'd be the sort of thing I could see them throwing in as a mail-in bonus if you buy all the DVDs, for example. (And lord knows that we will have paid enough to deserve some sort of a prize at that point.) Since the hype train will calm down significantly by October, which is the soonest they could release an OVA episode, I just can't see them doing a full new marketing effort for it. Plus, I just don't see that either the ratings or DVD sales have been that impressive, even for the genre. If you want my most honest opinion, I think this is it. I think Navel's going to move on now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
It's true, Da Capo was originally so good for the presence of Nemu, and then they removed Nemu from the scene on the second season. What the heck?
Off-topic, but if only you knew what Searcher was actually talking about in regards to the show...
Old 2006-01-05, 22:03   Link #84
Rin-Kun
RRR/AAA Member

Send a message via AIM to Rin-Kun Send a message via MSN to Rin-Kun Send a message via Yahoo to Rin-Kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimen Scythe
I'm not at liberty to tell u....feel free to contact me elsewhere...or u can try visiting Daemon Mortis...
Or PM me to we both know where it could be found!^^
Old 2006-01-05, 22:06   Link #85
Tabris

Just finished downloading the raw. Skipping quickly through it before I go to sleep.

Primula seems to have grown again. Primula ftw. The animation seeems a little iffy too .

Haha, the very last bit put a smile on my face But I still hate ending a series.

Last edited by Tabris; 2006-01-05 at 22:17.
Old 2006-01-05, 22:09   Link #86
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Hm so last ep I guess I would have enjoyed this more if i didnt click on spoiler tags Curse my weak willpower oh well life goes on. Just out of curiousity, is the story for tick tack possible without a Nerine ending? if so we might see another season of shuffle

Quote:
Off-topic, but if only you knew what Searcher was actually talking about in regards to the show...
Im gonna go out on a limp and say Searcher isent much of a Nemu fan either...
Old 2006-01-05, 22:09   Link #87
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

even though i understand zip japanese (or ... that little that i can get out of anime that is) i 4 or 5 times found my self with water in the eyes (okay ... a couple of times it was from laugher)

Spoiler for random comments about the ep:
Old 2006-01-05, 22:39   Link #88
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwisher
even though i understand zip japanese (or ... that little that i can get out of anime that is) i 4 or 5 times found my self with water in the eyes (okay ... a couple of times it was from laugher)

Spoiler for random comments about the ep:
Yeah, I kinda noticed a few posts back...

But, anyway...

On my second run through I found another funny scene...
Spoiler for Keep your eye on the camera:
Old 2006-01-05, 22:53   Link #89
BrokenWingz

Apparantely Sia is not only a firm believer of Pologamy :O

I think its kinda ironic how there was a blurb on the series before it came out going something like
the cute-Kaede Demon-Nerine God-Sia which he didnt end up with any of them from the blurb.

Which it wouldve been nice if they made a original ending

And like they say, its a open-ending(cough cough)
Old 2006-01-06, 00:06   Link #90
TDRKZ
Asa all the way

OK guys i finished watching just a second ago first i want to clear up some stuff...
Spoiler:

Can't wait for subs to come out so I can read more clearly what things say but there was nothing really tricky about the conversations this time. Well you guys... if ya can't understand raws you've not watched enough anime. I've never taken any japanese in my life but i've watched animes for a good 5 years. That alone is enough to learn most of the common japanese phrases. so good luck and keep watching. I had a great experience with everyone on the forum. Hope to see you in the next big anime i feel that i must watch and discuss.
Old 2006-01-06, 00:18   Link #91
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

O.K. It looks like I picked the wrong ...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-06, 00:21   Link #92
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Heres to hope the Shuffle OVA pulls a Ichigo 100%

-asaqe
Old 2006-01-06, 00:22   Link #93
TDRKZ
Asa all the way

arg... so much for showing u guys the whole scene animated... the raw i downloaded has some funky way of not letting me save images... not only that.. but when i do screen shot of whole page... my window is BLANK... crazy stuff. ganna have to watch the stuff for yourself
Old 2006-01-06, 00:24   Link #94
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Not to derail into LH, so:
Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong, I'd *LOVE* to see a proper conclusion, but I'm not finding data for such a thing. Any leads you have would be appreciated.

I have the Perfect Collection set .. which includes the 24 episodes (plus the 25th must-see Motoko ep), the Xmas and Spring movies, as well as the "3 ep" OVA that ends with the marginal closure off with Seta in his airplane).
You are missing the Love Hina Endless Pack which contains the drama CD for the Final Manga.
Old 2006-01-06, 00:32   Link #95
TDRKZ
Asa all the way

OK TO CLEAR UP ABOUT THIS LOVE HINA STUFF.... there is no anime finish to the manga. you guys are getting confused about the Love Hina Final Selection. http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=35 look here and check all the specials. Yes there is one called final selection but do you know what? i've seen it a billion times... its simply episode 22 23 and 24 mixed together into kind of a special. It ends the same way as the ep 1-24 anime itself. Love Hina Again is the final episodes done for anime. These last 3 seem to have another set of artists working on it and truthfully the animation sucks but i guess u get to a good stopping point. It is somewhat like manga but ends differently. After Love Hina Again, or at least what occurs in the manga.... there is more that happens however it may not be appropriate so it is not continued on as an anime ... at least this is my belief. SO lets end this now... only the manga.. finishes the story. Good night
Old 2006-01-06, 00:32   Link #96
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Well, don't have much to say except stand up and clap since this is one of the better b-game converted animes I've ever watched.

Hopefully stuff of this quality will continue and the future. With Canvas 2 and this I really can't complain...except that the bar, at least for me, has been set very high so I wonder if I'll be able to enjoy other stuff as much, hah...

Overall, I'm really happy with Shuffle. I wouldn't rate it out of 10 or anything like that because I'd suck at giving it a numerical rating, but I really enjoyed it, and that's what matters. And it looks like quite a few people agree with me.
Old 2006-01-06, 00:33   Link #97
TDRKZ
Asa all the way

bgame? u mean h-game lol
And ya... what is there to watch... the season is ending... everything is ending... theres nothign left and i can't see anything good coming up.
Old 2006-01-06, 00:56   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDRKZ
bgame? u mean h-game lol
Nah, I assume that he does mean b-game - as in bishoujo game, the super-genre. (As in, the bigger genre that this ero-game/Visual Novel falls into.)

And, for what it's worth, AvatarST, I enjoyed the show, but I find it lacks a bit of coherence in the storytelling/planning department. Basically, it's enjoyable so long as you don't try to put a great deal of thought into trying to add up and connect the pieces and finding a deeper message in the "big picture". (You know how I am about that sort of thing. ) In that sense, I felt it never really did grow too much past its "path-based" game origins compared to certain other shows in the genre, so perhaps a bit of lost potential there. So, all in all, I felt it was a decent show, but I'm not really prepared to call it a classic. I guess I'd sum it up by saying that it's a show about cute girls, hijinks, and high school romance, but not really a show about love. That's not a bad thing persay, but I feel they had the potential to do even more - to leave us with a much more profound message or truth - and that irrespective of which girl he ended up with. Perhaps this criticism may go over the head of many people, but I'm sure you'll know what I'm saying. That being said, I've still decided to keep collecting the DVDs (despite the insane price... ) so I guess all is not lost.
Old 2006-01-06, 01:15   Link #99
Kuro

So, Rin cuts himself. I haven't seen this episode or played the game yet, so could somebody fill me in on some things? Where did he get the idea to cut himself w/the razor? How did he know that Asa could cure him? Did he just assume "hey, I'll cut myself, and force Asa to forget about her retarded-ass vendetta against magic on my behalf?" Was any common sense used here at all?

*looks out the window* Hey, look. I see creativity and a sound plot!

So now Kaede x Shia? Hmm.
Old 2006-01-06, 01:31   Link #100
TDRKZ
Asa all the way

well...
Spoiler:
didn't seem unnatural at all
Closed Thread