AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-10, 19:20   Link #21
Calca
Expressionless

The people of this board confuse me sometimes.

Before: Yama-ji isn't doing anything! He's just standing there!

Yama-ji does something

After: Yama-ji shouldn't have to fight this guy! It's too one-sided! He needs to wait to fight someone stronger!

I also think the reason he is talking so much to Allon is because he is the instructor of the Shinigami academy. He is used to pointing out the flaws of people and giving them tough lessons.
Old 2008-12-10, 19:34   Link #22
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
^ fwiw, I was totally cool with Yama-ji waiting to fight Barrigan or Aizen.
Old 2008-12-10, 20:13   Link #23
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya
These are exactly the chapter The Phenomenal enjoys. He hates One Piece story development.
I never said I hate One Piece story development. I said it's no better than Bleach's or Naruto's story development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
Imma say what I said last week. Can we get some plot movement please. I thought I was one of those who clammered for more fighting but I was wrong. I'd like the plot to move forward at least an inch. Whats Aizen thinking??? Whats Ichigo doing??? What are the other captains doing??? Are they standing around like statues now?? Kubo you've got too much going on at one time to properly move the story forward. All there is for us to see is more fighting. PLOT MOVEMENT PLEASE!
The fighting is plot movement...You know, stopping Aizen and company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor

Yama-ji does something

After: Yama-ji shouldn't have to fight this guy! It's too one-sided! He needs to wait to fight someone stronger!
Lol, their all screwed up.
Old 2008-12-10, 20:20   Link #24
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
I wish they'd get back to Ichigo I really want to see him fight Ulq.
I only just remembered he existed.

If they aren't going to show bankais then why the hell are they showing us these battles.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-12-10, 21:31   Link #25
lequory
People hate good theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post

Yama-ji does something

I also think the reason he is talking so much to Allon is because he is the instructor of the Shinigami academy. He is used to pointing out the flaws of people and giving them tough lessons.
Your exactly right Streetor. People have been bad mouthing Yama whether he's fighting or not.

"He's standing around like a retard". Thats one quote that I remember correctly.

Now it's all. "He's should have killed him in one swing". "He shouldn't have joined the fight".

Make up your minds people. Do you want him to stand around or fight? At least he joined in. Where's his VC at?
Old 2008-12-10, 21:31   Link #26
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post

Yama-ji does something

I just don't want him too fight him, because I hate him and i dont want to read 2-3 chapters of a character that bores me to tears.
Old 2008-12-11, 01:58   Link #27
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I think this is pretty good Development for the old man. Seeing how he really only fought Koryaku and Ukitake. I'm actually interested in this bit. from what i've read is he actually trying to show mercy?

As in give up and comeback when your stronger or just let my kill you quick?
Old 2008-12-11, 05:48   Link #28
Blaster

Finally. Yamaji shows. If a VC were to fight, it would take another 4 chapters to finish.
Old 2008-12-11, 07:03   Link #29
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
I just don't want him too fight him, because I hate him and i dont want to read 2-3 chapters of a character that bores me to tears.
He bores me less than Ichigo. The kid is just too repetitive.

Ichigo: "Hah, I'm going to defeat you."

-Gets owned-

Ichigo: "Damn you, I'll protect all my friends!"

-Owns-

Foe: "Here's my ultimate attack!"

-Owned-

Foe: "Damn plotkai!"
Old 2008-12-11, 08:39   Link #30
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Okay after omaeda and Momo now Kubo-sensei make Yamajii became badass...
Old 2008-12-11, 12:26   Link #31
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I weep for Bleach...the way they are representing characters is getting rather pitiful, the only thing keeping people interested is seeing stuff like bankais etc... (well for me that is the only reason). Bleach has lost it's basis, before it was about the war against Hollows and Shinigami, then there was Vaizards and Arrancars which were cool but there is no death, no heartfelt death of a person that makes the readers feel sorry, there should be death, pain and suffering in story about Death Gods...which is why Soul Eater will probably surpass Bleach, it has only been out for like 1 year and already it is sweeping the masses...there needs to be a dramatic change to the way Bleach is run! These chapters make people who used to like Bleach weep!

Also what gets me even more is the fact they brought Momo into the chapters I thought maybe we will get cool backstorys or maybe Kubo just might focus on a character and make their history and their current selves cool...but then Momo just gets pwned in an instant by Allon...

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-12-11, 13:29   Link #32
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
Your exactly right Streetor. People have been bad mouthing Yama whether he's fighting or not.

"He's standing around like a retard". Thats one quote that I remember correctly.

Now it's all. "He's should have killed him in one swing". "He shouldn't have joined the fight".

Make up your minds people. Do you want him to stand around or fight? At least he joined in. Where's his VC at?

That's incorrect. I wanted him to stop standing around like retard and just pwn arrancar in one blow. I think that Fraccion was beneath him.Maybe I have a high standards, when it comes to Yamaji. Maybe I am just scared to death. If he fights any longer... he'll take his shirt off!
What I am confused about is...

When we had a lot of plot development they said.

"OMG ALL THIS TALKING! I want to see MORE FIGHTS!"

Now we have fights they said
" RAWR! WHAT'S WITH ALL THESE FIGHTS?! I want to see plot development! >.< "(I like the fighting )

While I could swear Kubo is doing both.
Old 2008-12-11, 14:05   Link #33
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius View Post
Okay after omaeda and Momo now Kubo-sensei make Yamajii became badass...
what are you talkin about? when Yama-ji justs releases his sword...it's badass
Old 2008-12-11, 14:29   Link #34
NyxOne

I see no plot development...just an endless string of rather two-dimensional characters fighting each other. The only ones out of the entire group that have gotten some semblance of development are...well, I suppose Hal's trio, Kira, Omaeda and Hisagi. That's it.
Old 2008-12-11, 15:03   Link #35
lequory
People hate good theories

ty nyxone for agreeing with me on my stance of theirs been no plot development going on. The killing of the fraccions doesn't make it plot development in my eyes. Yes they are rising up to stop Aizen but still fight, after fight, afrer fight, after fight, after fight and no relevant correlation to the whole kings key is boring. I'm not one who has been begging for more fights. I like fights to be honest but when its been nothing but fighting for 60+ chapters, it gets kinda of boring and you want some actual story plot to come into play.

Hell I'll take some ichigo development, or Aizen breaking out, or something other than these weaklings taking the spotlight. The fraccions mean nothing to anyone and if this was a full out war, which Im still thinking its not, then everyone would have had their serious "A" games on and just did what they had to do to kill the enemy. Oh enough of me ranting let me enjoy what I'm being given for now and hope for the best in the future.
Old 2008-12-11, 16:31   Link #36
Scarlett_Rain55

Everyone wants to see Ichigo&Orihime vs Ulquiorra already.
Old 2008-12-11, 17:00   Link #37
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Everyone wants to see Ichigo&Orihime vs Ulquiorra already.
More like Ichigo vs Ulquiorra with orihime as the kurosaki-kun cheerleader on the sidelines
Old 2008-12-11, 18:52   Link #38
justavisitor

These current chapters (captain and vice-captain fights) are good for volume I guess. But for audiences who do weekly chapter reading (like us), it's getting to the point that the main character (ichigo) hasn't showed up for a lonnnng period of time, and I am slowly forgetting what ichigo looks like lol
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2008-12-11, 19:11   Link #39
Langus
Optimus Prime

Yeah, I hear ya. I feel like the manga has lost its heart - the story of Ichigo and how he overcomes his struggles. This arc is just so... dull. There's no heart to it. Most weekly readers don't have any particular love or adoration for the characters involved. If they die, so what? If they live, so what? It's just a boring waste of time. Without the random (and very small) doses of comedy they'd be a complete loss.

I think the issue people have with Yamamoto is that he spent x-number of chapters standing there looking bored (after he did one cool move by enclosing Aizen and Co in the fire prison) and has now been re-introduced into the action to fight an "it" in a battle that should have ended in one blow aka max 3 panels and has been dragged on for more than a chapter. This isn't doing anything to develop the story or the characters involved - it's just a time killer, like when people write a filler chapter in a novel...
Old 2008-12-11, 19:49   Link #40
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

Honestly I think you should all stop thinking about it so much. You're being drip fed material and then overanalyzing it. Just wait 2-3months and read all the chapters at a few sittings, at the end of the day even if you don't like something it doesn't really take that long to read and forget about it.

But I do agree that Bleach has lost some of the atmosphere of the early chapters, I really think Ichigo's story should have finished with SS arc.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion