AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-04-27, 20:24   Link #13441
Saharet
Teh lovable geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Saved by the Bell is now printed :3 It's something awesome to have one of your fics in book format in your hands <3 I'll scan some later

OMG WANT!!!! O_O
*cough*
Nice sataa~ :3

Siggy from AX~
Saharet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 21:37   Link #13442
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

The Many Masters of the Malevolent Manuscript

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten

Spoiler for Part Eleven: Programming:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
Old 2009-04-27, 23:11   Link #13443
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
It's also the first chapter with a huge chance of canon inconsistencies. Please point out any you may spot.
Not an inconsistency, yet, but I can't quite see how this fight is going to go from rampaging Defense Program to sprouting branches all over the Hestia to take over it, which is how it was shown in A's.

Quote:
And if you've bothered to read to this point, thank you. I hope you're enjoying it.
I certainly am. Looking forward to future chapters.

And perhaps you could reconsider this line,

Quote:
That all implied that the hole was something that Signum hated to not be with was absent at all times…
The amount of negatives in that line is just staggering. I think it'd be easier to understand if you could reduce it down to two, tops. Also, I think it'd sound better if you put a "was" before "made bigger" that follows this line.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 23:38   Link #13444
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Saved by the Bell is now printed :3 It's something awesome to have one of your fics in book format in your hands <3 I'll scan some later

That's cool
Old 2009-04-28, 05:24   Link #13445
illidan182
Is not prepared
*Author

Send a message via MSN to illidan182
I would like to start off my re-emergance with a big... and I mean big...

GRATS SATASHI

>_> Ok then... This is going to be HELL for me to go thru this backlog, but well here I go, wish me luck Shiny!!

Saber - Signum - Serenn
Life is a thing most of us take for granted. Until we lose someone that we charish, are we forced to realize that things will never always be the same.
illidan182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 06:21   Link #13446
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by illidan182 View Post
I would like to start off my re-emergance with a big... and I mean big...

GRATS SATASHI

>_> Ok then... This is going to be HELL for me to go thru this backlog, but well here I go, wish me luck Shiny!!
*clears throat* Good! Luck! Good! Luck! Good! Luck! GOOOOOO!

@Satashi: This is a silly request but could you take a picture of the spin? I kinda wanna see how thick it is
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 06:35   Link #13447
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
The amount of negatives in that line is just staggering. I think it'd be easier to understand if you could reduce it down to two, tops. Also, I think it'd sound better if you put a "was" before "made bigger" that follows this line.
Yeah, that was more confusing than intended, certainly. I'll play with it later...

Hopefully I can make it segue properly into the canon scenes, but we'll see.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:50   Link #13448
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Hopefully I can make it segue properly into the canon scenes, but we'll see.
All the best to you. The way events in A's are potrayed, I think the Book was incomplete when it attempted to take over the Hestia like that. As you've written, the completed Book doesn't need to take over the ship to destroy the fleet.
Perhaps backtracking and rewriting it as the Book going into action before it's complete?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 07:52   Link #13449
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
All the best to you. The way events in A's are potrayed, I think the Book was incomplete when it attempted to take over the Hestia like that. As you've written, the completed Book doesn't need to take over the ship to destroy the fleet.
Perhaps backtracking and rewriting it as the Book going into action before it's complete?
Let me finish draft one first. I have an idea as to how to handle it, and I want to see what you all think.
Old 2009-04-28, 08:23   Link #13450
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That's... just... nuts Satashi. how many did you print?! Which publisher?! Which store is carrying them?! @______________@
Old 2009-04-28, 09:14   Link #13451
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
That's... just... nuts Satashi. how many did you print?! Which publisher?! Which store is carrying them?! @______________@
Man, obviously it can't be published or sell, Satashi print is for personal use, he/she told me about the site si if I wanted to print my comics.
Old 2009-04-28, 09:51   Link #13452
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Yep, lots of webcomickers use lulu.com. Looks great, makes me want to reread it ^^

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 11:01   Link #13453
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Man, obviously it can't be published or sell,
One word: doujinshi.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 12:24   Link #13454
Advent000
Inactive Member

Quote:

Wow, how did this happen.
Advent000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 12:28   Link #13455
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler:
*winces* Nice to see you printed it and all, but you really should have run that cover past some of the shoppers among us. The text and the images blur together, both on the front and the back, making them hard to read.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:16   Link #13456
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
@thread: Copyrights can be handled, but as of this moment, it's a personal Non-profit deal. Only one is printed right now, it was just to see how the pages were, how the book is, the quality, ect. Now that I have this one done I'm going to do it properly.

Also, as for doujinshi, Emerald Bell is getting an overhaul with a new front/back cover art and maybe some minor touch ups. It'll be printed on the high quality thicker paper, full color front/back, and the "perfect bound" binding (AKA like a real book, not staples) I think the doujin will run about 13-15 USD (that's including shipping I think.) and will be released probably through me at "cost" AKA, no profit for me.

As for Saved by the Bell, It's going to get a lot thicker than what I have. The font is way too small. I'm guessing it'll be about 400-450 pages long.

Also, will anyone be willing to make me nice front/back cover art for the real printing of it? Only Angel's pics, though.

If people want it or any other one of my fics, I'll have more printed and given to you, it was only 9$ for that book + shipping. Not going to "Sell" them until Lulu handles the copyrights, but I'd be more than happy to send you a copy for the base cost of what it cost me to print it :3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 15:22   Link #13457
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Congratulation Satashi! That's a great achievement! m_m
Just one question : is international shipping available?
Old 2009-04-28, 17:09   Link #13458
Master Kosa
Wanderer

@Satashi: it's kinda awesome. I think I really want the Bell set, so I second Nina's question (I live in EU).
Once some one asked me where I came from. I just pointed behind myself. When the same person asked where I was heading, I just pointed towards the horizon I was looking at. "It's simple, I neither belong here nor there. I am just walking..."
Current fandoms: RWBY - White Rose, Frozen - Elsanna and all previous.
Master Kosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 17:27   Link #13459
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
As I'm not publishing to the public (without copyrights) All I can legally do is private use for non-profit. AKA it's like printing it yourself at home and loaning to a friend, perfectly legal as long as you don't try and make money off of it.

So yes, if you want it, I'll have it printed, shipped to me, you can paypal me the shipping cost to wherever you live + book printing fee and I'll ship it to you <3 I'll even sign it if you want ( OMG *flails* signing a book!)

I need someone to beta read SbtB too, since Angel picked up on chapter 7-ish..... *tries to talk Angel into beta-ing*

Edit: My mom stole my book T_T so no scans tonight
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 17:29   Link #13460
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

StrikerS isn't licensed though, so wouldn't this count as a doujinshi?

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha