AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 21:12   Link #681
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Well, if it is possible, one can make a very dark fic which has Type Moon crossover with Nanoha, but with Emiya Kiritsugu as the main character. Making the long story short, I doubt Fate, Arf, Precia, Hayate, the Wolkens, the numbers, Jail and any other villains will get to survive.
Dude can neither fly nor teleport. The first encounter might be successful since they don't know about his bullet, but in the next one they'll just bomb him from above.
Old 2012-05-13, 21:14   Link #682
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

But then I doubt Kiri would let them go if they're so dangerous. He might as well kill them in the first encounter.
Also, how would Kiri's Origin Bullet affect Nanohaverse mage?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 21:17   Link #683
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
But then I doubt Kiri would let them go if they're so dangerous. He might as well kill them in the first encounter.
He only have so many bullets. And to kill them all in the first encounter? How is that even possible? Kill one, and the rest would demolish his position.
Old 2012-05-13, 21:18   Link #684
Justin_Brett

The bullet would probably just pang off their shields anyway; it doesn't mess up magic unless it actually hits the person.

This is kinda like when people compare Superman and Batman, and say the former is overpowered, but then say the latter is basically invincible too.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 08:23   Link #685
Lycodrake

Posting this in the fanfic and crossover threads:
I'll more than likely be re-writing One Half and Eleven.
And probably going to search a lot for Wendi fanart and pics.~
Lycodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 14:26   Link #686
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Of course, pitting Kiritsugu against servants just goes against his character. He's an assassin who targets masters, not servants. He'd pick off masters during vulnerable moments, and when such moments aren't present, creates them.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 16:34   Link #687
Justin_Brett

Of course for the most part Servants are weaker in this universe than their Masters, so that's a problem for him.
Old 2012-05-14, 20:20   Link #688
rxrx

Which universe? If it is in the Nasuverse, the servants are many more times stonger than their master. Just beaccause Bezat beat Saber, Rin beats Caster and Shirou beats Gil doesen't mean they are stronger. They have the element of surprise with them.

Not really a battle, but more of a talk. Must have watch too much Gen as I find Nanoha a little bit disturbing when compared to Kiritsugu as the former was not only able to save everyone, but can even practise 'do as i say, not as i do' while the latter got screwed for doing the good thing. Would have make an interesting conversation if you ask me.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 22:21   Link #689
Justin_Brett

Nanohaverse, obviously. Most servant types there are Familiars, who typically aren't that strong. There are exceptions like the Wolkenritter, but they're few and far between.
Old 2012-05-14, 22:26   Link #690
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Except Lhklan is using actual mages as servants(save for Signum), and almost all of them are ridiculously pwoerfull by F/SN standards, specially Tohma who will be a humongous beast of a Berserker.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 22:27   Link #691
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

@rxrx
Either Kiri and Nanoha, or Archer and Nanoha. The latter I find more interesting, if only for the fact that he've endured longer and started out as idealistic as Nanoha.

@Justin
The concept of Servant follow Nasuverse, NOT Nanohaverse. And Akiyoshi's right: THey are ridiculously powerful, which is why I'm stuck, seeing as I don't know how to reduce the collateral damage.
Old 2012-05-14, 23:29   Link #692
Justin_Brett

You made it sound like you were suggesting a second hypothetical project, not adding into another one.
Old 2012-05-14, 23:31   Link #693
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Eh, what???
Old 2012-05-15, 01:13   Link #694
rxrx

Actually, it is more like Nanoha was very lucky as she never have to deal with the crap Kiritsugu or Shirou has before they gain the Hearts of Steel. Or it is more like Nanoha's story is played out as how it should be in anime, more idealistic while the Emiyas get the short end of the stick.

Shirou is much more idealistic as compared to Nanoha if you ask me and that is why he broke when he realised that you can never save all and have to sacrifice the minority to save the majority. He only felt betrayed by his ideals when he became the counter-guardian and doing mass cleaning up.

In the case of dynamics, the one with Kiritsugu and Nanoha would be much more fun. As a suggestion maybe you can try out Fate/Extra's version of Grail War. Though a fair duel, the outcome is fatalistic and there would only be one left standing. Imagine the fun and giggles that can come about when Nanoha and friends unwittingly sign up for the war, only to realize that there is no easy way out with non-lethal magic and will kill each other when they duel.
Old 2012-05-15, 02:15   Link #695
Justin_Brett

Fate Extra already did that well enough on its own, having other characters do so would be pointless. Plus it would require all of them to not question the specifics of this suspicious tournament at all, and the TSAB not to notice the system powering the virtual reality it takes place in.

Besides, I think Nanoha's idealism has already been challenged and proven numerous times in the actual show.
Old 2012-05-15, 02:31   Link #696
rxrx

The Moon Grail stores tons of info. Good enough if you buy the science equals magic view in Nanoha. Also, the Moon Grail, unlike the one in the original Stay/Night grants real wish instead of twisting it so it might be worth a shot.

Also, Nanoha's idealism might be challenged, but it was never torn apart, spit upon, pull from the grave and have this process repeat as opposed to the Emiyas. She shot all her opponents with non-lethal magic and act in a mights means right manner. What's worse, its never seen that she doubt this mentality and method as well. Might be flanderizing her character a little here, but it was never dealt with directly so one can imagine right?
Old 2012-05-15, 03:15   Link #697
Justin_Brett

Yeah, and that's because she's a very different character from all of them.
Old 2012-05-15, 04:22   Link #698
rxrx

Well, some theories of Nanoha was that she depends on magic like how drug addicts depend on their drug. Some have spectaculated that when her dad was hospitalized, she was left alone and thus had to put up a brave front that she would be fine while bottling up emotion and thus have no friends. The first friends she made were via using force to stop their argument which introduce her to the idea of force=right, explaining her attitude in dealing with Fate, Vita and her befriending 'methods'. Without magic, she has no purpose in life and thus hang on dearly on it.

Well, too bad that is all spectaculation, but it will be nice to see the interaction of this Nanoha with Kiritsugu and Kotomine. Not too sure about Kiritsugu, but I'm sure Kotomine will have fun pointing this out to her and see her suffers and enjoy it.
Old 2012-05-15, 10:20   Link #699
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Since this is an AU it isn't necessary to have the TSAB involved and being Nanoha and the others Servants that means they're already dead and probably have suffered such challenging before. Nanoha's big advantage is that she in fact posses very powerfull non-lethal magic which means she ALWAYS have the option of beting the living daylights out of her opponents without any fear of killing them. FORCE is interesting in the sense that the Huckebein are able to survive and counter non-lethal methods almost effortlessly which have stripped Nanoha and the cast from such a solution (such theory is about to be put on trial a the end of the month when Signum attempts to "capture" Cypha when the latter had explicity stated that one must be ready to kill or die in order to fight her).

So far F/SN have no reasonable way to strip Nanoha of her natural advantage, even the Saber-class anti-magic have it's limits compared with Eclipse and AMF, probably it's high magical defenses could give effective protection against Divine Shooter and good Divine Buster resillence but i doubt it can protect too well against beasts like Excellion Buster or Strike Stars Assault, not to mention Starlight Breaker (Noble Phantasm xD?). If Kotomine wants to break Nanoha's ideals he will must work on a way to force her to commit murder which will be a bit difficult since she can fire ciity-busting attacks that totally devastates people without actually killing them xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-05-15 at 10:32.
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 10:30   Link #700
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Dude, AU. I'm only borrowing concept from Nasu. There probably won't be Nasu char in this much.
Also, you're underestimating Kotomine's troll level. The guy is a sadistic bastard.
Beside, the person best to break Nanoha's ideals is actually Archer.