AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 23:11   Link #4021
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
trying to full combo Jibun REST@RT at pro but those long button are breaking my combo and temping me into buying the support item.
How well do you know the song? If you know it quite well, play it on Master- it'll actually be somewhat easier since Pro leaves out notes where you'd think there would be some.
Old 2012-11-12, 23:43   Link #4022
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I'm thinking of getting the original iDOLM@STER for the 360 and L4U, are they really worth purchasing a JP 360 for this? I really want to see what I missed out on the original game.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 23:54   Link #4023
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I'm thinking of getting the original iDOLM@STER for the 360 and L4U, are they really worth purchasing a JP 360 for this? I really want to see what I missed out on the original game.
The original iDOLM@STER was on arcade (which is pretty damn epic), but it's not exactly worth it in my opinion. You don't exactly control the performance, but instead you control the audience cheers, making for some very badly equalized sound effects.

The singing voices along with the graphics are a huge step up in iM@S 2 as well. Unless you're desperately wanting to play a few songs you can't get in iM@S 2 (which will probably make it sometime on there as DLC), I wouldn't recommend it. If you already had a JP 360 maybe, but all that for just that isn't the best idea, I think.
Old 2012-11-13, 12:05   Link #4024
inisipis

Spoiler for Funky Note clip:

A fun and breezy episode. Needs translations but one can get the simple story anyway. It's the cute and happy music that's to watch.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 13:31   Link #4025
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
The original iDOLM@STER was on arcade (which is pretty damn epic), but it's not exactly worth it in my opinion. You don't exactly control the performance, but instead you control the audience cheers, making for some very badly equalized sound effects.

The singing voices along with the graphics are a huge step up in iM@S 2 as well. Unless you're desperately wanting to play a few songs you can't get in iM@S 2 (which will probably make it sometime on there as DLC), I wouldn't recommend it. If you already had a JP 360 maybe, but all that for just that isn't the best idea, I think.
I see your point. I don't mind the graphics or the way it's played, but at least there stuff that iM@S 2 doesn't have like being able to produce all the girls, songs that haven't made it as DLC for iM@S 2 yet, and Yukiho's original vocalist.

The subs for the OVA are already out^^
Old 2012-11-13, 19:59   Link #4026
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I see your point. I don't mind the graphics or the way it's played, but at least there stuff that iM@S 2 doesn't have like being able to produce all the girls, songs that haven't made it as DLC for iM@S 2 yet, and Yukiho's original vocalist.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to make the decision for you. :3
I just thought I'd lay it out for you, since it's a LOT of money for just one game. I mean hell, importing a JP 360 without anything else will be a hefty sum, but the game's become more rare now since it's been a long time since it came out.

But like I said, it's your decision.
Old 2012-11-13, 22:36   Link #4027
Julio C
Bury My Shell

I'm seeing a JP Xbox 360 with 6 games including both idolmaster games (L4U being limited edition) going for $275. This sounds like a real good deal since a JP Xbox 360 alone goes for a min of $300. It's too bad I can't come up with the money on time.

I started playing the idolmaster SP game (the one with Haruka, Makoto, and Yayoi) since there is an english patch, and I find the actual lessons and performance rather difficult than iM@S 2. I'm trying to get the hang of it before I commit to buy the version with Yukiho on it. Is the game length per idol takes as long as iM@S 2?
Old 2012-11-14, 05:48   Link #4028
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*sees Honey Sound OVA SUBBED*

OMFGWTFBBQGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! Finally, the chapter I was waiting for with Chihaya-sama

Edit:

"I knew it, Milk is critical to the process!"

But Chihaya, you're perfect the way you are!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-11-14 at 06:20.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:24   Link #4029
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*sees Honey Sound OVA SUBBED*

OMFGWTFBBQGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! Finally, the chapter I was waiting for with Chihaya-sama

Edit:

"I knew it, Milk is critical to the process!"

But Chihaya, you're perfect the way you are!
Lol, Yes indeed she is, flat chest and all.

She and Miki are the uber-Idols of 765 pro (one for her great voice the other as overall performer) and both are my favorites. Wish they were in the same group. I like the game OVA episodes all in all. Iori's group tends to be more in the island Pokemon realm but still fun.

Namco stop teasing us and give us a second season.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 13:54   Link #4030
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I just watched the Honey Sound OVA. I think it's the best out of all of them, actually.
Old 2012-11-15, 04:12   Link #4031
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm seeing a JP Xbox 360 with 6 games including both idolmaster games (L4U being limited edition) going for $275. This sounds like a real good deal since a JP Xbox 360 alone goes for a min of $300. It's too bad I can't come up with the money on time.

I started playing the idolmaster SP game (the one with Haruka, Makoto, and Yayoi) since there is an english patch, and I find the actual lessons and performance rather difficult than iM@S 2. I'm trying to get the hang of it before I commit to buy the version with Yukiho on it. Is the game length per idol takes as long as iM@S 2?
To my recollection, iDOLM@STER had more...charming and fun scenes in it, but it was shorter, I think. iM@S 2 was longer (plus you produce 3 at once instead of 1), but it was going for more serious tones overall. Aside from that, most of the other stuff is similar enough. I will say that the singing has definitely improved from 1 to 2.
Old 2012-11-15, 13:53   Link #4032
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzushinaYuriko View Post
I just watched the Honey Sound OVA. I think it's the best out of all of them, actually.
Yes it truly is the best out the three. The one with Iori was pretty bland and the one with Miki was just awful on her part and made me like her even less.
Old 2012-11-15, 17:43   Link #4033
JohnNiles

Awww yeah, I just got my certificate of l@dyness in the mail: Namassuka Special #2 (Ryuuguu Komachi) and #4 (Haruka/Mami/Makoto). I usually get my stuff through importers rather than directly from Japan, so I was surprised to see it came with a customs label complete with product cost. Great, in case some idiot wants to levy a tax on me.

Listening to #4 first. Master version Honey Heartbeat is weird... not sure if I really like it or not. The cover songs are good. The talk tracks have a laugh track. -_- Also, Mami goes totally apeshit with her impressions... it's way beyond what she did on her original Master Artist CD.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 13:44   Link #4034
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Yukiho peons, fuckin prepare yourselves.

Iorin version...
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19166653
NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 20:42   Link #4035
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

hahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaa

All of 'em should get a version.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 17:39   Link #4036
Nerroth
NePoi!

So, has anyone here tried downloading one (or more) of the Shiny Festa games onto a PS Vita?

All three games are marked as being Vita-compatible over on the Japanese PSN site.
Old 2012-11-18, 00:41   Link #4037
Julio C
Bury My Shell

I'm working on hybrid version of "Alright" with both of Yukiho's vocalist, Yurika on the left channel and Asakura on the right channel. They simply sound awesome together! It's impossible to sync them together as one or the other will sing at a slight different pace, but they match perfectly for the most part. I'm glad there is a full length version of this song with both vocalists.

At least I learned something new today in audio mixing. When I try to sync both versions of the song instrumentally, the bass goes away completely and sounds like it was recorded on a tin can. I'm no expert in music or sound production, but I guess they cancel out each other causing it sound like that?
Old 2012-11-18, 08:38   Link #4038
jdennis007

I saw the Makoto Beach Queens figure and I have one question regarding it, where are the cat ears for it?
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 08:55   Link #4039
kitten320

I liked Honey Sound the most too.

It had a nice touch to it what made it different in comparison to other 2.

And I love how Ritsuko described their group
Old 2012-11-18, 09:00   Link #4040
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

THE iDOLM@STER – Final Impressions

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s