AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-28, 13:53   Link #6801
The American Average
2LMES

Don't you think Shinn story is already kinda over? He was a depressed teen that lost his family went on a spiral of self destruction, took an ass whooping from Atrun to tell him what he should have heard 20 episodes ago. now there tons more you could do with him after Destiny because he in sense is a new character.
Old 2013-04-28, 14:32   Link #6802
monster

Well, that particular arc is over, but if there is ever a sequel, Shinn's life story could continue. It doesn't mean he has to be the main character, but he could still have a subplot.

Had the movie went as planned, there might be still some story for Shinn seeing as how Stella was supposed to have a role.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 07:30   Link #6803
Paladinoras
Pancakes

AFAIK, Stella's VA said that she wasn't making a physical appearance, just in spirit.

Which, in context, would make a lot of sense.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 12:27   Link #6804
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I dont think Athrun will ever care about what they do to the IJ

Considering he does not seem to have any attachments to his suits whatsoever (lol poor Aegis and Justice)
You forgot Zaku Warrior and Savior!

Just like Athrun did!

*cries*
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 13:12   Link #6805
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
AFAIK, Stella's VA said that she wasn't making a physical appearance, just in spirit.

Which, in context, would make a lot of sense.
Oh, sure, but it's still most likely with new dialogs, otherwise she wouldn't bother mentioning it.
Old 2013-04-29, 17:08   Link #6806
Aquaman OS

The Zaku was just a grunt suit Athrun needed to borrow. I doubt he had any emotional attachment to it. The Saviour seemed to make him uncomfortable since it represented him "selling out" to Durandal at a point when he was starting to believe doing so was a bad idea. And the first Justice, well that was something his father gave him to destroy Naturals, despite how he otherwise choose to use it.

Infinite Justice though was given to him by Lacus when he was feeling lost, and gave him the ability to fight for what he believed in with no strings attached. I think he'd be a little more attached to that one.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 20:11   Link #6807
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You forgot Zaku Warrior and Savior!

Just like Athrun did!

*cries*
Those 2 got destroyed by other means

I mentioned Aegis and Justice cuz he self destructed them >.>
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 20:35   Link #6808
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Infinite Justice though was given to him by Lacus when he was feeling lost, and gave him the ability to fight for what he believed in with no strings attached. I think he'd be a little more attached to that one.
Exactly, which is why I see him insisting they upgrading it. Though that would just mean enhanced versions of what it already has. With perhaps slightly better speed and maneuverability as well. Although I'd replace the physical shield with two beam shields and add a second beam boomerang.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 23:38   Link #6809
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
The Saviour seemed to make him uncomfortable since it represented him "selling out" to Durandal at a point when he was starting to believe doing so was a bad idea.

Actually, the Saviour also gave Athrun a purpose. He still believed in ZAFT's cause when Kira destroyed it.

If Athrun can't use the Infinite Justice for whatever reason, he would be fine as long as he can still fight to protect whatever he wants to protect, no matter what mobile suit he uses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Exactly, which is why I see him insisting they upgrading it.
I don't think it needs an upgrade at the moment.
Old 2013-04-29, 23:43   Link #6810
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd be terrified on what kind of upgrades it'd get. 'bout the only thing I can see them doing is giving it DRAGOON units more like the one on the Dreadnaught, Providence, or Legend Gundams, given the superior amount of firepower those possess.
Old 2013-04-29, 23:45   Link #6811
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Those 2 got destroyed by other means

I mentioned Aegis and Justice cuz he self destructed them >.>
My point is that he doesn't care for any of them regardless of their fates. They're just tools for him.

At least Kira loved his Freedom even if he did eventually use it as a tool to cover the Archangel's escape.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 00:55   Link #6812
Aquaman OS

Well what good is a MS if you don't actually use it? It's not like Kira headed out planning on getting Freedom blown up. In fact neither did Athrun all 3 times he lost an MS.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 03:39   Link #6813
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'd be terrified on what kind of upgrades it'd get. 'bout the only thing I can see them doing is giving it DRAGOON units more like the one on the Dreadnaught, Providence, or Legend Gundams, given the superior amount of firepower those possess.
I pretty sure arthun won't get to much of a upgrade his MS have pretty much stayed in a steady ball park. if he does get an upgrade it'll be something like Aegis and Infinite Justice combination so pretty much a justice that can transform into a MA. I'd be more interested in Shinns upgrade i could see him getting a Dragoon upgraded Destiny some like a "Legend Destiny" after all Kira was Upgraded to Dragoons why not Shinn. after all anybody can use dragoons now. I would really like to know how the Akatsuki could be Upgraded, with its beam reflecting coat, think of that on an more up to date suit, that could turn into something awesome
Old 2013-04-30, 04:20   Link #6814
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I doubt that Athrun's melee-heavy battle style would be conducive for DRAGOONs. Any upgrades to his suit would be designed around giving him more mobility or melee weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
I pretty sure arthun won't get to much of a upgrade his MS have pretty much stayed in a steady ball park. if he does get an upgrade it'll be something like Aegis and Infinite Justice combination so pretty much a justice that can transform into a MA. I'd be more interested in Shinns upgrade i could see him getting a Dragoon upgraded Destiny some like a "Legend Destiny" after all Kira was Upgraded to Dragoons why not Shinn. after all anybody can use dragoons now. I would really like to know how the Akatsuki could be Upgraded, with its beam reflecting coat, think of that on an more up to date suit, that could turn into something awesome
Technically speaking, the Justice's/IJ's backpack is a pseudo mobile armor. Turning IJ into a mobile armor seems like too radical a change, they might as well just design a whole new suit entirely.

Shinn's more close combat-oriented, so I don't think DRAGOONs would be very beneficial. I'd just give Destiny a new/better mid-range weapon.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 05:06   Link #6815
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
I doubt that Athrun's melee-heavy battle style would be conducive for DRAGOONs. Any upgrades to his suit would be designed around giving him more mobility or melee weapons.
Athrun has a melee-heavy battle style only because the Infinite Justice is equipped for such. That doesn't mean he can't use a mobile suit designed for more ranged attacks.
Quote:
Shinn's more close combat-oriented, so I don't think DRAGOONs would be very beneficial. I'd just give Destiny a new/better mid-range weapon.
Similarly, while Shinn does seem to be more close-combat oriented, the point of the Impulse and the Destiny (which was designed in part based on Shinn's experience with the Impulse) is to be flexible at multiple attack ranges.

Neither Athrun nor Shinn would necessarily be hampered with the addition of DRAGOONs. At this point, the main reason not to give them DRAGOONs is simply for marketing purpose.
Old 2013-04-30, 05:09   Link #6816
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You guys talking about upgrading Infinite Justice? I have this crazy idea: if Infinite Justice was kept by Athrun in ORB, Rondo Mina Sahaku can grant it the Mirage Colloid/Coloroid system she applied to her Astray Amatsu.
Speed + Melee + Invisibility = OP Justice
Old 2013-04-30, 05:19   Link #6817
monster

Isn't Mina in space? Kira would be closer and he's already related to an Athha.
Old 2013-04-30, 05:25   Link #6818
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Isn't Mina in space? Kira would be closer and he's already related to an Athha.
Yep, she moved to space, but she can always visit . Mainland ORB is/was her home after all. Also, I think Kira already has strong backup (ZAFT), while ORB is still rebuilding its military powers after the heavy loss during the war. Gives more reason for Mina to come and help .
Old 2013-04-30, 05:28   Link #6819
monster

Do you know what she was doing when the Eternal was attacked in Destiny? It's a problem with being a side story character, but technically, Cagalli should've asked (ordered?) Mina to help.
Old 2013-04-30, 05:35   Link #6820
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Do you know what she was doing when the Eternal was attacked in Destiny? It's a problem with being a side story character, but technically, Cagalli should've asked (ordered?) Mina to help.
I do remember she's doing something during that time (through references/characters conversations) but I can't remember what exactly. I might need to read side story materials again.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep