AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-04, 11:58   Link #25721
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Well, I meant more along the lines of phone calls but okay. [Still has yet to read the SP volumes]

Was the Gulf War ever even mentioned in Index? I get the feeling it was but I don't remember when.
-----------
Another question:
Does Othinus have to carve the Final Rune into the core of the earth to complete Gungnir like Brunhild Eiktobel did? I thought that was an important part of Gungnir's construction but there seems to be very little that Othinus is even planning anything like that.
It was in volume 3, the Metal Eater gun that the Sisters uses is the M82 rifle
Old 2013-05-04, 12:44   Link #25722
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Nope, just a call makes the trick like it happened times before. There is no need to take her along on the trip, she knew Touma was going to leave the city that time.
Plus, can you imagine what Stiyl would do to Touma if he took Index with him on some personal mission, with the Dawn Coloured Sunlight of all people?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-05-04, 12:45   Link #25723
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
It was in volume 3, the Metal Eater gun that the Sisters uses is the M82 rifle
Ah...okay. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Plus, can you imagine what Stiyl would do to Touma if he took Index with him on some personal mission, with the Dawn Coloured Sunlight of all people?
What Stiyl doesn't know...won't hurt him.
Old 2013-05-04, 12:59   Link #25724
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Well he passed trought something like that with Agnese's forces, road to endymion and the civil war.
Old 2013-05-04, 16:24   Link #25725
Chanthien

Hm, I'm not sure if people have talked of this before, but I think I saw something like a plot hole with the introduction of the super cyborg (Rensa?) with all the Level 5 Power. Namely, if they can produce a super cyborg like that, then logically they should not have had much trouble creating multiple cyborgs with only Misaka's power. You know, like the one they did created. If so, then's what the point of "wasting" 20000 Sisters for the Level 6 Project? They could simply create enough Misaka-cyborg to let Accelerator goes up to Level 6. Certainly Tree Diagram should have been capable of doing the calculation, and it's not like if it's reasonably certain that he can ascend Academy City would be stringent with its fund or something. Since there's the fact that "Level 5" basically means being extremely beneficial to Aleister's plan. So, any opinion?
Old 2013-05-04, 16:26   Link #25726
kagato3

Index useing a phone. Hahahaha. Every time Touma has tryed to reach her by phone it failed because if i remember right she either turns it off or lets the battery die. case in point her phone was dead durring the Daihaseisai. In fact the only time i can remember her useing one was when touma gave her his to let Mikoto explain things to help stop Fuse=KAZAKIRI. and he had already made the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanthien View Post
Hm, I'm not sure if people have talked of this before, but I think I saw something like a plot hole with the introduction of the super cyborg (Rensa?) with all the Level 5 Power. Namely, if they can produce a super cyborg like that, then logically they should not have had much trouble creating multiple cyborgs with only Misaka's power. You know, like the one they did created. If so, then's what the point of "wasting" 20000 Sisters for the Level 6 Project? They could simply create enough Misaka-cyborg to let Accelerator goes up to Level 6. Certainly Tree Diagram should have been capable of doing the calculation, and it's not like if it's reasonably certain that he can ascend Academy City would be stringent with its fund or something. Since there's the fact that "Level 5" basically means being extremely beneficial to Aleister's plan. So, any opinion?
First the cyborgs are likely pretty new and Accelerator had been killing clones for a long time. Second Level 6 shift wasn't the ture goal of the sisters the project was always slated to end before they were all killed and then they would be spread around the world and given that WORST claimed to be the first of a new batch that would replace the existing clone network they may have been useing the level 6 shift to train the clones too. Third the spoiler only said the cyborg replacated the power not the level
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-05-04, 16:39   Link #25727
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Index useing a phone. Hahahaha. Every time Touma has tryed to reach her by phone it failed because if i remember right she either turns it off or lets the battery die. case in point her phone was dead durring the Daihaseisai. In fact the only time i can remember her useing one was when touma gave her his to let Mikoto explain things to help stop Fuse=KAZAKIRI. and he had already made the call.
He called her to explain Etzali's spear
Old 2013-05-04, 16:42   Link #25728
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
She know at least how to answer a phone. She was at home when the Hawaii incident happened, same as Etzalii's hunt.
Old 2013-05-04, 16:43   Link #25729
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
He called her to explain Etzali's spear
oops forgot that one, but the issue still stands the track record of Touma haveing the luck to be able to reach Index by phone has not been good.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-05-04, 16:44   Link #25730
Chanthien

Quote:

First the cyborgs are likely pretty new and Accelerator had been killing clones for a long time. Second Level 6 shift wasn't the ture goal of the sisters the project was always slated to end before they were all killed and then they would be spread around the world and given that WORST claimed to be the first of a new batch that would replace the existing clone network they may have been useing the level 6 shift to train the clones too. Third the spoiler only said the cyborg replacated the power not the level
Hm, well, that's what I'd guess to be the reasons. I mean, if the goal really was a Level 6 Shift then the Sisters were just a horrendously inefficient and "dirty" method. It's not like Accelerator is going anywhere, they could have stall the Shift until they can follow the optimal method.
Old 2013-05-04, 17:18   Link #25731
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanthien View Post
Hm, well, that's what I'd guess to be the reasons. I mean, if the goal really was a Level 6 Shift then the Sisters were just a horrendously inefficient and "dirty" method. It's not like Accelerator is going anywhere, they could have stall the Shift until they can follow the optimal method.
or they could have been the replacements that end the use of clones.

As for NT3 him not calling might have something to do with the time of day. It is five hours earlier in Japan and everything in the book happens durring one day if the action was happening early enough it would still be the middle of the night.
Old 2013-05-04, 17:27   Link #25732
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If you look at the little note in the spoilers, you'll see that this Cyborg cost a huge fortune to invest in- compare to that the sister clones were relatively cheaper.

Secondly, the theme for the Science side this new series of books seem to be the rapid advancement of technology- What used to be cutting-edge before is quickly being out-dated at a alarming rate. Without further details we can't be sure, but it's safe to say that this cyborg is the latest and best they have come up with.
Old 2013-05-04, 17:36   Link #25733
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

As for NT3 him not calling might have something to do with the time of day. It is five hours earlier in Japan and everything in the book happens durring one day if the action was happening early enough it would still be the middle of the night.
Nah, he called Misaka from England despite the time differences afterall, so isn't an issue for him.
Old 2013-05-04, 20:16   Link #25734
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Nah, he called Misaka from England despite the time differences afterall, so isn't an issue for him.
It does not disprove what i said about him not calling in the middle of the night due to time diffrences as he thought of it being local time that it would be late but not in the dead of night, and Touma trys to learn from his mistakes and he has done a bit more traveling since then.
Old 2013-05-04, 20:16   Link #25735
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

Yet they managed to reproduce the wings of Level 6.
Old 2013-05-04, 21:32   Link #25736
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Yet they managed to reproduce the wings of Level 6.
huh ??? Lvl 6 wings i don't remember reading that in the LN
Old 2013-05-04, 21:36   Link #25737
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
huh ??? Lvl 6 wings i don't remember reading that in the LN
Accelerator's black/white wings I believe.
Old 2013-05-04, 22:09   Link #25738
tsunade666

The wings aren't level 6 but just level 5.5 and that level itself is just assumption.
Old 2013-05-04, 22:27   Link #25739
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The wings aren't level 6 but just level 5.5 and that level itself is just assumption.
Weird...I always thought that his white wings were his Level 6 state. Wasn't that when he transcended into the Aeon of Horus?
Old 2013-05-04, 22:33   Link #25740
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Weird...I always thought that his white wings were his Level 6 state. Wasn't that when he transcended into the Aeon of Horus?
If he was he would be able to match Fiamma of thr Right, but he got knock out with his weakest attack.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen