AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-27, 12:05   Link #2421
Frozt

We also saw Marie's runes leaking and her death scene when her eyes went blank. We also saw a proper burial for Marie...Haruto's body was recovered but nothing after that was shown. You would think they would have this huge funeral for the guy who freed the world from the Magiuses. Not only that just because Pino said he used up all his runes tell me why his death was completely different from Maries... His eyes didnt go blank nor did he instantly die in the cockpit and they dont even have a proper funeral for the mc... Why the hell does shoko being a pilot have to do anything? Obviously they wont make an empty shell pilot a vvv... Thats like putting mentally unstable soldier back into war...
Shokos also crying over a helmet, why didnt they use that time and show us his body...

LOL, time constraints... More like they couldnt give them a proper burial because the whole world turned on them at that time.
Old 2013-12-27, 12:07   Link #2422
Thess

There wasn't a funeral because it wasn't relevant. Marie's 'funeral' was just to show off in the news to gather sympathy and fundraising, similar to Aina. Did you see Kyuuma's and Thunder's funerals?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-27, 12:12   Link #2423
Frozt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
There wasn't a funeral because it wasn't relevant. Marie's 'funeral' was just to show off in the news to gather sympathy and fundraising, similar to Aina. Did you see Kyuuma's and Thunder's funerals?
Go read my statement again. Tell me if its relevant after an episode.

Why couldnt they show us Haruto's body instead of Shoko crying over his helmet. His body would have made it clear...

Im done arguing my point. Its people like this who just accepts things as they are rather than think outside the box and look at the clues were given..
Besides, youre using the same point over and over and i give the same response which is getting repetitive.
Old 2013-12-27, 12:19   Link #2424
Thess

Bzuh? It's not really relevant. Haruto's end was only to be witnessed by the only relationship he established that mattered to the plot in terms of development: L-Elf. His character, as episode 22 suggested, was to go out in a blaze of glory and extinquish after leaving a mark on the world. That's what he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozt View Post
Why couldnt they show us Haruto's body instead of Shoko crying over his helmet. His body would have made it clear...
Because Akira bringing him his corpse would be poor taste and he'll also be in process of decomposition.

There are no "little clues." Just your personal wishful thinking. We saw Haruto's memories of the moon promise shatter on screen. L-Elf brought them up if he remembers, he's not Haruto.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-27, 12:23   Link #2425
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Go read my statement again. Tell me if its relevant after an episode.

Im done arguing my point. Its people like this who just accepts things as they are rather than think outside the box and look at the clues were given..
Besides, youre using the same point over and over and i give the same response which is getting repetitive.
And then you have people who over think things when certain points are clearly shown and or stated. But you know whatever.
Old 2013-12-27, 12:27   Link #2426
Frozt

Quote:
Bzuh? It's not really relevant. Haruto's end was only to be witnessed by the only relationship he established that mattered to the plot in terms of development: L-Elf. His character, as episode 22 suggested, was to go out in a blaze of glory and extinquish after leaving a mark on the world. That's what he did.

Because Akira bringing him his corpse would be poor taste and he'll also be in process of decomposition.

There are no "little clues." Just your personal wishful thinking. We saw Haruto's memories of the moon promise shatter on screen. L-Elf brought them up if he remembers, he's not Haruto.
Exactly, their funerals wouldn't be relevant an episode after they dies. So why isn't Haruto's relevant, if anything her only bringing the helmet back is bad taste because it leaves open ends like this to be debated.

The only wishful thinking I see is how you just accept the facts as they are. I bet if you lived back in the past and was told the world was flat, you would take that fact like cake. The biggest clue were given is that Haruto is alive as an empty shell is that his body is not shown after he passed out. His eyes explain everything, he also obtained a little amount of runes from biting L-Elf at the last battle which is why his eyes didnt go blank

This is exactly like the CG debate whether LL is alive or not.
Old 2013-12-27, 12:41   Link #2427
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Exactly, their funerals wouldn't be relevant an episode after they dies. So why isn't Haruto's relevant, if anything her only bringing the helmet back is bad taste because it leaves open ends like this to be debated.
No, it doesn't. A writer doesn't always need to spell things out explicitly to make them clear.

If Haruto is still alive, and not a total vegetable, then somebody should bring him up to speed on who he is, and be shown helping to take care of him. That's what any decent and thankful friend would do, isn't it? I'd find it pretty amazing/disgusting for both L-Elf and Shouko to fail to do this.

And so by the time of Satomi/Takahi's wedding, Haruto should have known that these were two of his allies in the fight against Dorssia and the Magius, and he should want to be at their wedding. His absence from the wedding, and the absence of there being any scenes of him being cared for, and what Shouko said about the busts, altogether makes it clear that he's dead.

Your thinking may not be wishful, but it really doesn't make sense either. You're totally grasping at straws here, and you're taking the "no body = no death" standard to a ridiculous extreme.
Old 2013-12-27, 12:47   Link #2428
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Your thinking may not be wishful, but it really doesn't make sense either. You're totally grasping at straws here, and you're taking the "no body = no death" standard to a ridiculous extreme.
He's hiding with H-neun somewhere.

Old 2013-12-27, 12:51   Link #2429
Frozt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No, it doesn't. A writer doesn't always need to spell things out explicitly to make them clear.

If Haruto is still alive, and not a total vegetable, then somebody should bring him up to speed on who he is, and be shown helping to take care of him. That's what any decent and thankful friend would do, isn't it? I'd find it pretty amazing/disgusting for both L-Elf and Shouko to fail to do this.

And so by the time of Satomi/Takahi's wedding, Haruto should have known that these were two of his allies in the fight against Dorssia and the Magius, and he should want to be at their wedding. His absence from the wedding, and the absence of there being any scenes of him being cared for, and what Shouko said about the busts, altogether makes it clear that he's dead.

Have you actually read any of my statements?? His eyes didn't go blank like how Marie's did. Her death was completely explained while Haruto's is up for debate. Like I said this is just like debating on LL from CG. As for Haruto not being at the weddings its because he wants this to be debated over.. It would completely ruin it if they did add an empty shell of Haruto to the wedding. By speculations on his twitter, he was possibly referring to this and its up to the viewers interpretation. Which is why I'm saying Haruto is alive because even though he lost his memories, his "death" was nothing like Marie's. Watch it frame by frame he was able to keep his eyes from going blank, which is why I believe he is still alive but as an empty shell.

Thess, youre arguments are always invalid which is why I ignore most of your posts half the time.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:24   Link #2430
Thess

I think we'll have a CD drama set during Satomi's and Takahi's marriage ceremony.

Old 2013-12-27, 16:43   Link #2431
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
He's hiding with H-neun somewhere.
lol, good one.

Quote:
Have you actually read any of my statements??
Yes, of course I have been reading your statements. They're just not as compelling as you seem to think they are, because if they're right, they would make some of the character actions seem very, very odd.

It doesn't make sense for Shouko to be crying over Haruto's helmet, and to be crying for as long as she did (going by Akira's narration), if Haruto had "only" lost his memories, but was otherwise alive and well. That's sad, sure, but it's not something you mourn over to this degree. The obvious implication is that Haruto is dead (or at least in a vegetative state), and that this is how the audience is supposed to take it.

And if Haruto is in a vegetative state, then some may say that he's basically dead any way. Many people consider that basically the same as being dead any way, which is why many families opt to "pull the plug" once a loved one reaches this point.

Quote:
His eyes didn't go blank like how Marie's did.
They may have went blank after he closed his eyes for the final time. In any event, there's no rule that says that every Valvrave "memory death" has to look exactly the same way. I mean, you need at least two similar instances of the same thing before you can even start to presume a set pattern.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-12-27 at 17:29.
Old 2013-12-27, 17:22   Link #2432
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wait, so there will be a Season 3?
Old 2013-12-27, 17:59   Link #2433
Key Board
Carbon

Not sure if this pointed out, but..

From Okouchi's twitter

As to who he prince with Saki is, I will leave that to your imagination and not answer it. Please remember this series fondly.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-27, 18:06   Link #2434
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

From Okouchi's twitter

As to who he prince with Saki is, I will leave that to your imagination and not answer it. Please remember this series fondly.
Like Thess said, that's one way to avoid giving a definitive answer that might piss off a part of the fanbase
Old 2013-12-27, 18:25   Link #2435
Black Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Like Thess said, that's one way to avoid giving a definitive answer that might piss off a part of the fanbase
dunno about that but i think there is a high chance that he's l-elf and shouko's descendant/kid >>>>( for the shippers to that couple)>>> (dunno if they r still there any left thought XD)
Old 2013-12-27, 18:27   Link #2436
Triple_R
*Author

Yeah, I like the idea that he's L-Elf and Shouko's descendent.
Old 2013-12-27, 18:30   Link #2437
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Maybe we'll get a definitive answer in the novel.
Old 2013-12-27, 19:08   Link #2438
_Misfit

Quote:

From Okouchi's twitter

At this point, I doubt even he knows who the prince is.
Old 2013-12-27, 19:26   Link #2439
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Unhappy

Quote:

From Okouchi's twitter

His abnormality is seen through this vague statement. He clearly didn't want to give us a definite answer and clear explanations, or maybe he had already hinted some during his past interviews wherein the tiniest bits of details weren't viewed as meaningful.
Old 2014-01-01, 19:45   Link #2440
stagrider

Possible Valvrave OVA-
Main Plot:
Shouko's feelings on the events of the last few episodes and her journey towards redemption culminating with her piloting Hito and making friends with Pino and Plue.
L-Elf and A-drei starting a program to train the students that decide to become Kamitski, and setting up a system to keep rune supply stable with human consent.
First 2 encounters with other aliens 1 friendly and 1 hostile.
Sub plots:
Tekka/Kagerou becomes the model for mass production. While a few custom units get Hito's frame.
Small insight to Haruto's sacrifices effect on the students.
Beast-THUNDER! squad in memorial of Kyuma and THUNDER!.
Akira trying to get into Shouko's pants.
Cameo:
Jin and Nao in their Kagero/raves.
Closed Thread