AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2005-01-01, 15:09   Link #101
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
You know i couldnt believe that this forum had a whole section dedicated to FMP, at other forums all you'd see are sections dedicated to shows like cowboy bebop and the such, it was nice to see FMP get the recognition it deserves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Deffinately worth watching, both FMP and FMP? F! Lol, the thing was, i watched them in backwards order. I saw Fumoffu before i saw FMP, since Fumoffu was a sub at the time, and FMP was licenced. Oh well, i still saw them both.

And a 3rd season... i thought that the series was wrapped up nicely at the end of FMP (Fumoffu was really just sidestories) but i guess they can do anything to "revitalize" a series.
Yea it was nicely wrapped up, but you just hunger for more after it finished because it felt like an introduction to the world of FMP. I would gladly watch many more series of full metal panic if they can keep up the quality that was shown in FMP and fumoffu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meluckycharms
lol I downloaded the first episode of fomoffu when I was just getting into anime. I watched the whole episode and I thought it was kinda funny even though I didn't know who any of the people were. By the way Souske S. I really like your avatar. I think I have that image.
Lol i like your avatar too
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 01:19   Link #102
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

But watching Fumoffu first doesn't have the same effect as watching FMP first more funny if u know that sagara is a "military fanboy."
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 06:39   Link #103
elniro

Yea true you find it more funny when you know the characters as introduced in FMP
Old 2005-01-04, 00:51   Link #104
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

I saw Fumoffu first and I loved it. I had no real problems understanding it until the episode where Tessa showed up, now that was when I got really confused, and very unhappy cause I didn't like how she seemingly appearing out of nowhere was trying to get inbetween Sosuke and Chidori. I still kinda don't really like Tessa because that was my first impression of her.
lana3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 03:17   Link #105
Firehawk

New Season...?

Alright, seeing as I (and probably the majority of us) can't read Japanese - has there been any word as to another season? I doubt they'd just up and let a series like this drift off, but I can't help but wonder. Fill us in, those of you who can keep up to date ^_^
Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 03:28   Link #106
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk
Alright, seeing as I (and probably the majority of us) can't read Japanese - has there been any word as to another season? I doubt they'd just up and let a series like this drift off, but I can't help but wonder. Fill us in, those of you who can keep up to date ^_^
You are the 1243532th person who asked this...

Oh, well. Standard answer: FMP is a long-running series of novels. Kyoto Animation has left the TSR story open and faithful to the novel, and as such there would be no continuity problems if/when they decide to restart the series again.

But technically there is no commitments that FORCE them to make another season. As such they will make more if or when they feel like it. The Kyoto Animation staff as well as the novel author are taking their breaks, and doing something else right now.

Good work takes time. Better work takes time and holidays too. It's likely there will be a third season, but the "when" really depends on destiny. Go watch other things or read the FMP novels; no point holding your breath waiting.
Old 2006-01-11, 12:27   Link #107
touchthesun
the pencil progeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
You are the 1243532th person who asked this...

Oh, well. Standard answer: FMP is a long-running series of novels. Kyoto Animation has left the TSR story open and faithful to the novel, and as such there would be no continuity problems if/when they decide to restart the series again.

But technically there is no commitments that FORCE them to make another season. As such they will make more if or when they feel like it. The Kyoto Animation staff as well as the novel author are taking their breaks, and doing something else right now.

Good work takes time. Better work takes time and holidays too. It's likely there will be a third season, but the "when" really depends on destiny. Go watch other things or read the FMP novels; no point holding your breath waiting.

One of the better and more satisfying answers to this undying question.

Personally I would agree that there is a good possibility of another season, but as it is mentioned by Vallen Chaos Valiant, really good anime such as this will take a good amount of time to complete.

I also discussed this fairly extensively on a previous thread/post, but I believe it disappeared along with many accounts (including my own) that were deleted through a mishap on animesuki. I'm sure most of you are aware that that the mere popularity of a series isn't enough to put it into production and that there are of course legalities, agreements that can go awry between the animation company, sponsorship, director, voice actors, and other endless issues involved with the production of a series, especially one as prominent as this.

We all know that TSR (2005) took a while to come around after Fumoffu (2003), so I don't think we should expect anything anytime soon. I just hope that if/when they finally do decide to start a third season that there are no hang-ups or episode deletions =\
touchthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 12:42   Link #108
touchthesun
the pencil progeny

ah double post. sorry!
touchthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 16:36   Link #109
combat kitten

i hope there is a season 4 to finish it off. sort of like season 2 , more relationship parts for the chidori and sousuke, and less war ^^;

im not sure but, so far in all 3 seasons, i never heard chidori or sousuke confess their love for each other yet, so there HAVE to be a season 4, i think :P
combat kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 05:18   Link #110
elniro

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat kitten
i hope there is a season 4 to finish it off. sort of like season 2 , more relationship parts for the chidori and sousuke, and less war ^^;

im not sure but, so far in all 3 seasons, i never heard chidori or sousuke confess their love for each other yet, so there HAVE to be a season 4, i think :P
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-12, 14:57   Link #111
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

There will probally be another serie, mine question is, will it be as good as TSR.
Because season 1, was so-so.

So i want to ask the people who read the next volume's of manga, is the storyline good enough to make it into a good anime.

And don't say just yes, please say why!
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 23:02   Link #112
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
There will probally be another serie, mine question is, will it be as good as TSR.

So i want to ask the people who read the next volume's of manga, is the storyline good enough to make it into a good anime.

From what I've heard about and read translated (I believe up to COMO chap 2 part b) on Boku-Taki, I believe with COMO and DVMC they def enough to work with. Since DVMC is a little shorter, they probably could even put them togeather if they wanted to. I've never actually read any of BOMF (Burning One Man Force) which takes place after COMO but from what I've heard (and someone plz correct me if I'm wrong) there is almost no Kaname or any of the characters from previous seasons (with the exception of Sousuke) in it. As a huge Kaname fan, I find that disappointing. BOMF also ends with a cliffhanger (I believe). I don't think they would be able to do BOMF as a single series on its own. They would probably have to add it with something. However, if they do COMO as a season, unless they would leave fans with a huge cliffy, they would have to do another season after.

My guess? If they do anything more (which I hope they do), it will be a OVA for DVMC. COMO (which so far is awesome) and BOMF both end with cliffhangers, so that would be a little harder to animate as a complete story.
MandyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 02:01   Link #113
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I demand another season of Full Metal Panic. I need closure for sagara and Kanami's relationship. They really need to get it over with and confess their love to each other. Everytime I think about Full Metal Panic, I feel like it's not over yet. Only then will I ever consider this amazing series finished.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 04:44   Link #114
combat kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
I demand another season of Full Metal Panic. I need closure for sagara and Kanami's relationship. They really need to get it over with and confess their love to each other. Everytime I think about Full Metal Panic, I feel like it's not over yet. Only then will I ever consider this amazing series finished.

me too :< there is no conclusion unless they get the confession over with... what if they make an 1 episode OVA just for that ... it would be dissapointing though
combat kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 11:57   Link #115
elniro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher

if they decide to make "Dancing very merry christmas" into a anime series, most will probably think it is better, because:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-13, 14:41   Link #116
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
me and my friend think if they do make a new season it will be released sometime mid-summer this year or they will announce if they r gonna make a new season.
full_metal_sousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 00:09   Link #117
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
me and my friend think if they do make a new season it will be released sometime mid-summer this year or they will announce if they r gonna make a new season.
Well, it's certainly heart-warming to think that they would come out this soon, but unfortunately I have to disagree with that assumption.
First because, looking back at the time span between Full Metal Panic!, Fumoffu and The Second Raid, we see a few years between both. And Panic! wasn't even a full 52-episodes series.
I'd love, though, to see some type of proof that in the summer, I'll be able to get my eyes on yet another masterpiece.
Oh, and by the way, only started watching FMP last week, fell madly in love, watched both the series, Fumoffu and TSR in about 2 days, re-watched them and I am actually re-watching the series in English. Yea, I do have a lot of time =P

Let us hope for any new FMP series anytime soon. I'd be shaking the whole time until it started, just how it was with Gundam Seed -> Destiny.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 01:52   Link #118
full_metal_sousuke

Send a message via AIM to full_metal_sousuke
between full metal Panic 1st season and Fumoffu there was a 1 year gap. between fumoffu and the second Raid there was a 2 year period. and i believe the next season if there will be one will be based on ADVMC which is real short.
full_metal_sousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 13:50   Link #119
Xaros

as a huge fan of fmp i have to say this

it was a very long time since the fumoffu ended and the tsr was out so my guess IF they do a 4 season will by 3 or 4 years from now, so lets just hope.

i have read until chp 2b of como end indeed has cliffs but if the bomf hasn't got chidori and the like then what's the point.
Xaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 15:57   Link #120
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaros
as a huge fan of fmp i have to say this

it was a very long time since the fumoffu ended and the tsr was out so my guess IF they do a 4 season will by 3 or 4 years from now, so lets just hope.

i have read until chp 2b of como end indeed has cliffs but if the bomf hasn't got chidori and the like then what's the point.
BOMF is basically about Sousuke's troubles trying to locate Kaname. I was also disappointed when I heard she really wasnt in it, but it can be argued that BOMF is a nesscary stepping stone that needs to be there so the rest of the story makes sense.
MandyDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!