AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-05, 15:31   Link #2061
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Yes, that's expected, but from February (initially) to June?
Woah.

I wonder what does Aniplex (and Starchild and Media Factory for that matter) really think about the studio after all this time, delaying and delaying stuff... This is not good for business.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 16:23   Link #2062
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Yes, that's expected, but from February (initially) to June?
Woah.

I wonder what does Aniplex (and Starchild and Media Factory for that matter) really think about the studio after all this time, delaying and delaying stuff... This is not good for business.
Delaying things is bad, but pretty much everything SHAFT has ever made is a blockbuster in some way. Bakemonogatari is especially one of their biggest hits. I highly doubt they'll be dropped any time soon.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 17:46   Link #2063
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I am reading the script for the commentaries for the episode 11 and it turns out that during the recording of it, the opening hasn't even began production. Oh, when they said opening I think they meant that we are actually going to get a "real" opening for sugar sweet rather than some cosplay one.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 18:09   Link #2064
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I am reading the script for the commentaries for the episode 11 and it turns out that during the recording of it, the opening hasn't even began production. Oh, when they said opening I think they meant that we are actually going to get a "real" opening for sugar sweet rather than some cosplay one.
Script? is there a script for it?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 18:34   Link #2065
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

It's in chinese though.

BTW food chain of the characters...
Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-05, 19:02   Link #2066
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbus View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that some people may be at a lack of words for what they experience? Did you ever think that maybe when people say "this is deep" it's because they can't describe it any other way? Like when they say Fallout 3 is innovative, or GTA is fun...
It's definitely better than the norm, mainly thanks to the Nisio's dialogue and how he doesn't let the story dominate the characters but uses the story more as a vehicle for the characters to grow. Still it's not that deep and there's nothing wrong with that.

But really I'm seeing a lot of people who don't like Bakemonogatari getting on it's case because "it's pretentious" and "so many fans thinks it's deep when it's not". Well ffs it's not pretentious and secondly how often do you see people claim it's deep? And than you have people like Daniel who clearly are trying to read too much into it when it's not suppose to be in the first place. This was Nisio's "light" series in between Zaregoto and Katanagatari, I think someone made a comment that if this was like his previous works they would've expected Hitagi to be killed off pretty damn quickly..

Still it's not a bad thing to have a "light" series, It didn't receive the critical acclaim and more mainstream appeal that Zaregoto had.. but it was certainly a lot more well received than his disastrous Katanagatari series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 19:14   Link #2067
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's definitely better than the norm, mainly thanks to the Nisio's dialogue and how he doesn't let the story dominate the characters but uses the story more as a vehicle for the characters to grow. Still it's not that deep and there's nothing wrong with that.

But really I'm seeing a lot of people who don't like Bakemonogatari getting on it's case because "it's pretentious" and "so many fans thinks it's deep when it's not". Well ffs it's not pretentious and secondly how often do you see people claim it's deep? And than you have people like Daniel who clearly are trying to read too much into it when it's not suppose to be in the first place. This was Nisio's "light" series in between Zaregoto and Katanagatari, I think someone made a comment that if this was like his previous works they would've expected Hitagi to be killed off pretty damn quickly..

Still it's not a bad thing to have a "light" series, It didn't receive the critical acclaim and more mainstream appeal that Zaregoto had.. but it was certainly a lot more well received than his disastrous Katanagatari series.
Well disastrious is a bit harsh, what did the fans say actually?
Old 2010-03-05, 19:38   Link #2068
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
It's in chinese though.
D'oh. I guess Japanese fans don't want to go through all that headache of typing it out...not that I can blame them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
But really I'm seeing a lot of people who don't like Bakemonogatari getting on it's case because "it's pretentious" and "so many fans thinks it's deep when it's not". Well ffs it's not pretentious and secondly how often do you see people claim it's deep?
Perhaps this reaction arises partially because the detractors just see a group of stereotypical characters that fit tropes like "tsundere" and "moe", and thus are tired of people who say that they can been seen as Nishio's commentary on these archetypes?

I find it easier just to ignore those people and let them enjoy the show/series (or not) however they want to. It's not like everyone has to agree, but if they don't lay out an argument for their point of view, then there's not much one can do about it.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 15:52   Link #2069
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Ah....I don't know if anyone here has said anything but it seems that on: http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html it says that Mahō Shōjo Risuka is going to be animated. I don't how far discussion is between the higher-ups since nothing is really being said but at least it's up in the air.
Old 2010-03-08, 21:13   Link #2070
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Ah....I don't know if anyone here has said anything but it seems that on: http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html it says that Mahō Shōjo Risuka is going to be animated. I don't how far discussion is between the higher-ups since nothing is really being said but at least it's up in the air.
What is Mahou Shoujo Risuka??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 00:12   Link #2071
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
What is Mahou Shoujo Risuka??
Another series Nisio writes.
Old 2010-03-28, 14:08   Link #2072
zato_1one

What will happen if Araragi, Taiga and Nagato play in the same show?

The answer is here.

There are so many familiar faces here.
Old 2010-03-31, 09:24   Link #2073
Tabasco

So, is this an actual crossover of some sort, or is it a case of reusing familiar character models?
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 06:57   Link #2074
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

http://www.kizumonogatari.com
Seems like Shaft isn't missing out on the April Fool's festivities either. Well, I guess if you are going to pull a prank, using your biggest title seems like the way to go.

Oh, and can you spot the evidence why it's not for real?
Old 2010-04-01, 07:06   Link #2075
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
It's sort of ironic though how this confirms it even more anyways.
Old 2010-04-01, 07:12   Link #2076
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
It's sort of ironic though how this confirms it even more anyways.
Well, when they registered the kizu, nise, neko and kabuki websites it was pretty much decided.
Old 2010-04-01, 14:40   Link #2077
Buddy Waters

Quote:
http://www.kizumonogatari.com
Seems like Shaft isn't missing out on the April Fool's festivities either. Well, I guess if you are going to pull a prank, using your biggest title seems like the way to go.

Oh, and can you spot the evidence why it's not for real?
Not Shaft, apparently; the apology that's up now promises to hand over the domain if anyone at Aniplex contacts him.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 16:01   Link #2078
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Waters View Post
Not Shaft, apparently; the apology that's up now promises to hand over the domain if anyone at Aniplex contacts him.
But does he HAVE to or it is a respect kind of thing? I mean the other websites all link you to products so I just assume that it's the of work Shaft or Aniplex.
Old 2010-04-01, 19:43   Link #2079
Buddy Waters

Quote:
But does he HAVE to or it is a respect kind of thing? I mean the other websites all link you to products so I just assume that it's the of work Shaft or Aniplex.
It sounds like a fan to me. He says he'd quite like to see Kizumonogatari filmed and would be happy to hand over the domain if asked.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 04:15   Link #2080
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
I want to watch this series but I can't decide which of the sub groups I should go with, any recommendations?

(Or if this is the wrong place to ask, point me where I should be.)

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural