AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-27, 01:21   Link #201
eccdbb

What happened to the diaphragm?

Or rather was the sound an illusion due to the train whistling + brain freak-out?
eccdbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 13:10   Link #202
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't believe I missed such a gem back when it aired. But in a way, I'm glad I did, the wait between the subbed episodes would have been a torture and would have probably made the show harder to understand. I would have loved speculating about this show though, this was the best mystery show I've seen in years.

I loved how Kyougokudou explained everything in the last two episodes, really EVERYTHING. He even went as far as to explain the motivations of the major players in the story. I thought I had figured out most the show by then but some of the revelations were totally crazy

We need more shows like this. It seems there is a whole novel series starring Kyougokudou, I'd love to see a new anime about one of those novels. The characters of Mouryou no hako were so enjoyable.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 14:50   Link #203
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, i'd love to see the Kyougokudou novels animated. Mainly because it's pretty much the only chance i'll have, as well as many others of being able to experience them.
Old 2010-02-17, 05:52   Link #204
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
I loved how Kyougokudou explained everything in the last two episodes, really EVERYTHING.
It was really one of those classic detective fiction "I have called you all here tonight..." moments, and it completely blew my mind with how brilliant it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
We need more shows like this. It seems there is a whole novel series starring Kyougokudou, I'd love to see a new anime about one of those novels. The characters of Mouryou no hako were so enjoyable.
In agreement on all counts here - a Kyougokudou series would be completely awesome. We need more shows like this.

Speaking of the novels, I just found out the first Kyougokudo book, The Summer of The Ubume is out in English.
(amazon.com, amazon.co.uk)
Cool! I've ordered a copy. Mouryou no Hako is the second book in the series, so we can only hope Vertical release more!

Last edited by Dop; 2010-02-17 at 06:04.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 15:59   Link #205
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
It was really one of those classic detective fiction "I have called you all here tonight..." moments, and it completely blew my mind with how brilliant it was.
That made the anime right there for me, I even expected to say the butler did it MnH did an excellent job explaining everything that happened, I know so many times I watch anime and even when stuff is explained sometimes Im still not this time and considering they had alot to cover in two epis,
Kyougokudou did a fab job.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 14:29   Link #206
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Silly question: can anyone remind me who was Satomura?
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 22:00   Link #207
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Satomura was the medical examiner who did the autopsies.
Old 2010-10-05, 07:09   Link #208
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Heh, thanks. So many names involved, figured i would forget someone.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 00:18   Link #209
tyciol
*Artist

It seems Aoi did 10-13, Dekiagari did the special, Aero did 6-9, Norikumi did 1-4, looks like only ep 5 is missing.

Seiji mentioned that Aoi's aren't showing up on the tracker recently in this post and provided a link to get them.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 09:41   Link #210
Xakanis

What was Suzaki's (the doctor who was found dead outside the box)'s reason for being outside?

Spoiler for Final Episode:
Xakanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 00:40   Link #211
GundamZZ
残念美人

The show is over long time ago. Last episode already explains your question.

1. The serial killer became Mouryou(symbolic) and jumped out the box.
2. They need the fast cash to continue the life support system. She's about to die anyway.

I wonder what other novels would be like. I think anime conversion did well. I heard the original novels(such as WOMAN SPIDER) had lengthy dialogues, ranting, and philosphy. Some idea are even imaginary description. Some novel contents even criticizes many religions(including Kabbalah). It would make the task of anime conversion difficult. It's not the only one. Other famous cases were Paprika and Bakemongatari. This anime did the good job.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 17:58   Link #212
Dwalin

ENDING SPOILERS

I was really saddened by the fact it was actually Yuriko that pushed Kanako under the train, for a cruel and ridiculous reason, when every normal person would have tried to comfort the crying girl.
Kanako is one of the most unfortunate characters in anime I have ever seen, a product of horrible incest, betrayed by her closest friend, at the end dismembered and reduced to a living head.
After finishing the anime, I cried for the character. If she was a real-life person, I would have prayed for her happiness in the after-life.
By the way, I really didn't see the relationship as yuri unlike many people, just extremely close friendship, maybe a little too obsessive on Yuriko's part.
Dwalin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clamp, horror, madhouse, supernatural