AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-04, 10:44   Link #1421
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

FMA is just a piece of shit if you're over the age of 10. It's just that nothing is done right... it's not sad or funny or anything.
Old 2010-08-04, 10:54   Link #1422
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Cat Shit One

No i was just joking.. seriously its awesome despite of the "shit" on the title...
Old 2010-08-06, 09:10   Link #1423
TheRunba
Resident Tokusatsu Fan

Send a message via MSN to TheRunba Send a message via Yahoo to TheRunba
hmm It's a tough choice, on the one hand I could complain about things, but instead, I'll just suggest the ones I do not like... some have reasons, and some don't....

1. Lucky Star (boring as all hell)
2. Naruto (well not just Naruto, mostly shows that take YEARS to get to the point)
3. One Piece ( Not in the beginning, but now a days, it's like 15 minutes of re-cap and 10 minute of show)
4. Death Note (meh Cat and mouse game)
5. Any cartoon made just to cash in on a product (E.G: Yu-Gi-Oh!, Beyblade, Duel Masters)

other things:
1. Masked Rider Den-Oh (Oh how I hate this show so much, jokes that fall flat, [then those same jokes are used, fifty times] wimpy hero, annoying side characters, plot confusing [because one actor had to leave because of illness] then like a virus spread to the OTHER Masked Rider series and infected them)

2. Masked Rider Kabuto (this one is more of a 'I hate it cause it's popular' kind of dislike, also because someone spoiled the whole series for me before I even got past episode 10)

3. Masked Rider Decade ( Because they had NO idea what they were doing with the story, at first they were "The movie will conclude the series" but then it sucked, adding MORE questions to the mysteries that will never be explained! Then! They had another "movie will conclude the series" movie at the end of the series (which ended on a cliff hanger, so if you didn't know there was a movie then you'd be in trouble) BUT that movie added EVEN MORE questions to the plot and barely answered any other questions.... ugh...
Old 2010-08-06, 11:07   Link #1424
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

School Days, School Days, School Days.
Old 2010-08-06, 21:34   Link #1425
Zotis
Rank #35

I would play frisbee with Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, and One Piece.

And I would chuck Digimon out the window too if it wasn't so unintentionally funny.
Old 2010-08-07, 11:29   Link #1426
Kazu
Flowing

I gonna get flamed for this but K-on and Bakemonogatari

K-ON-To me anyway, a crappy Azumanga Daioh, with Instruments

Bakemonogatari-Feel free to tell me whats so great about this cause all i'm seeing is dialogue and person who needs help

and they stay in the same place every episode half of the time, one episode they were in someones room, then next to some fence then in some other guys room,and thats all you ever see

And is it to hard for the people say help me

Like I said feel free to tell whats so great about those 2, maybe i'll reconsider
Old 2010-08-07, 13:40   Link #1427
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
I gonna get flamed for this but K-on and Bakemonogatari

K-ON-To me anyway, a crappy Azumanga Daioh, with Instruments

Bakemonogatari-Feel free to tell me whats so great about this cause all i'm seeing is dialogue and person who needs help

and they stay in the same place every episode half of the time, one episode they were in someones room, then next to some fence then in some other guys room,and thats all you ever see

And is it to hard for the people say help me

Like I said feel free to tell whats so great about those 2, maybe i'll reconsider
I think I don't really need to tell you why those two are good since you yourself stated the reasons.

Bakemonogatari is all about the dialog and K-On is sort of like Azumanga Daioh with instruments (thought it's not quite, their different beasts).

If you don't like dialog heavy shows you won't like Bakemonogatari and if you don't like the typical high-school "slice of life" comedy you won't like K-On. Different people have different tastes, I for example couldn't enjoy the least bit of Sora-no-woto, mostly for some of it's choices of art style.
Old 2010-08-07, 14:23   Link #1428
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan87 View Post
School Days, School Days, School Days.
Agree with you 100000X. There is no better post than this.
Old 2010-08-07, 14:34   Link #1429
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
And is it to hard for the people say help me.
Actually it can be very difficult. Especially if it's something supernatural and people are only likely to believe you're insane or a freak of nature. Also there's a bit of Values Dissonance. A collectivist society like Japan doesn't quite view mental illnesses in the same way the West do. Over here you're likely to just be prescribed drugs. Over there it's usually the community that works around the problem and it's just the norm.

If you're asking why people like it...well I don't know about others but like it because the characters are interesting, the comedy is hilarious and it's avant-garde style is charming. All very subjective reasons.

Probably one of the worst anime I've seen is The Sacred Blacksmith. Nothing that's good about it and lots that bad about it.
Old 2010-08-08, 09:08   Link #1430
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I think I don't really need to tell you why those two are good since you yourself stated the reasons.

Bakemonogatari is all about the dialog and K-On is sort of like Azumanga Daioh with instruments (thought it's not quite, their different beasts).

If you don't like dialog heavy shows you won't like Bakemonogatari and if you don't like the typical high-school "slice of life" comedy you won't like K-On. Different people have different tastes, I for example couldn't enjoy the least bit of Sora-no-woto, mostly for some of it's choices of art style.
I don't hate typical high school slice of life since I said K-on was a crappy version of Azumanga,I just hate K-On in particular.

To me it's a just a bunch of moe and fanservice

and I don't get how people are inspired to play from girls who hardly ever play

I watched the first season,but it kinda pissed me off how fast yui learned how to play, yet instead of practicing they're just goofin off, what a waste,so what if she learns fast,if they hardly play why make her learn guitar instantly.

These are my opinions, you can be inspired by anything,but I just don't know how something like K-On does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Actually it can be very difficult. Especially if it's something supernatural and people are only likely to believe you're insane or a freak of nature. Also there's a bit of Values Dissonance. A collectivist society like Japan doesn't quite view mental illnesses in the same way the West do. Over here you're likely to just be prescribed drugs. Over there it's usually the community that works around the problem and it's just the norm.

If you're asking why people like it...well I don't know about others but like it because the characters are interesting, the comedy is hilarious and it's avant-garde style is charming. All very subjective reasons.

Probably one of the worst anime I've seen is The Sacred Blacksmith. Nothing that's good about it and lots that bad about it.
I just figured out the reason why it's so hard, cause it would end the show!

and thanks for telling me your opinion
Old 2010-08-08, 22:38   Link #1431
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Just don't overexamine. K-ON is not Monster to make you think on every episode.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-08-09, 10:44   Link #1432
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Just don't overexamine. K-ON is not Monster to make you think on every episode.
I know,it's just a typical slice of life about the highschool girls doing stuff, theres not much to think about, I still hate it though

Well enough of talking to me,get back on topic
Old 2010-08-09, 13:01   Link #1433
Demeter

Naruto - got annoying and stupid when the filler began and the manga became ridiculous (from what I've heard)
RahXephon - I like the opening theme but I thought it was boring and it got to no where afterward.
Blue Gender
The Big O
Old 2010-08-09, 22:43   Link #1434
Cabrini6000

I didn't like Ai Yori Aoshi. It was horrible; so dull and boring. How did anyone like it at all?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-08-10, 10:00   Link #1435
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
White Album. I can't believe it even had a second season. Psss...
Old 2010-08-10, 22:32   Link #1436
Suomi
Kaiba

English version of Mew Mew Power.

such a fail...

also the new versions of yugioh
and bakugan which is basically a yugioh pokemon ripoff.

the anime version of fruits basket because THEY QUIT IT AT VOLUME 6 before all the interesting stuff happens. >.<
Old 2010-08-11, 18:00   Link #1437
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well hmmm..

Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood) = Left to many plot holes that it was just way to hard to keep up with things, and it never even showed one sign of an Edward + Winry relationship happen.

Bakugan = To much of a copy of Yu-Gi-Oh as the person above posted

Yu-Gi-Oh (GX - 5-Ds) = seriously?? almost nothing can beat the original, and these new ones just make it seem laughable.

Naruto (not Shippuden) = After Naruto and Sasuke's fight, it just got way into fillers that it just begged me to skip all the remaining episodes after that fight and just go straight to Shippuden, and when I did do that I din't even miss one important thing, which means that the episodes after that fight would have just wasted my time.

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-08-11 at 18:42.
Old 2010-08-11, 18:37   Link #1438
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithfalath
White Album. I can't believe it even had a second season. Psss...
I can't tell you how much White Album disgusted me...

A cheating lowlife manwhore for a lead is so not "mature" romance material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Cat Shit One = Never watched it, but from the review on the anime, its just shouted that it wanted to be a Frisbee. (But I should probably watch it before I judge it right?)
Yes you should. This is just flame bait otherwise. "Oh yeah I didn't actually watch this awesome shit everybody loves, but yeah it sucks."
Old 2010-08-11, 18:41   Link #1439
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Yes you should. This is just flame bait otherwise. "Oh yeah I didn't actually watch this awesome shit everybody loves, but yeah it sucks."
Good point, I'll watch it then re-paste my flame message if it really does deserve to be a Frisbee
Old 2010-08-12, 13:44   Link #1440
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunba View Post

3. One Piece ( Not in the beginning, but now a days, it's like 15 minutes of re-cap and 10 minute of show)

The episodes are only like 15 minutes long, because OP and explanation of everything about Gold Roger etc etc etc. as if we don't know all that takes already like 10 mins of the episode So with recaps, it's less than 10 minutes of a show.

And lol wut .. K-On is crappy Azumanga Daioh ? So that makes Azumanga better than K-On

Azumanga is awful anime, and deserves to be used as a frisbee. With all the jokes or gags you'd think some make you laugh .. noope. Boring as hell, nearly fell asleep during second episode.

So is Sailor Moon ( probably mentioned zillion times already ), and there are no words to explain what should be done to it and it's makers.

There's some more that names I can't remember right now .. will edit later.