AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-01, 02:12   Link #861
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolyeuphyfusion View Post
The most bloodlusted character imaginable? Dude at least that fusion is better than lelouch
Power does not make a good character.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 02:49   Link #862
brolyeuphyfusion
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Power does not make a good character.
I know, but if the character can't even damage a phone, then that says something.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:43   Link #863
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
I know, but if the character can't even damage a phone, then that says something.
Judging characters using phone damage? ...

You know, I have this... feeling... you're probably in the wrong anime... or maybe just in a... wrong thread (?)
Old 2012-02-01, 22:33   Link #864
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Um, this isn't exactly a Shonen Jump type of anime...it's more of a dark seinen mecha-political thriller.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 22:36   Link #865
Dr. Casey

My favorite character is Suzaku, btw. He's very loyal, he thinks his girlfriend (Shirley) is alive even though she's dead.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 00:23   Link #866
brolyeuphyfusion
???

There are more reasons why I hate lelouch. he's wanked, overrated, has bad mech piloting skills for a protagonist of a mecha anime, and he took shirley away from suzaku!
Old 2012-02-02, 01:05   Link #867
azul120

Quote:
There are more reasons why I hate lelouch. he's wanked, overrated, has bad mech piloting skills for a protagonist of a mecha anime, and he took shirley away from suzaku!
Yeah, like Suzaku took away Euphie from him.

And overrated? What about Broly, for one?
Old 2012-02-02, 12:22   Link #868
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Lelouch's power came from his intellect.
You know, the old "brain over brawn" cliche.

My problem is not with the character Okuchi and Taniguichi created in S1, it is how they horribly raped Lelouch's integrity in R2.
Specifically the Zero Requiem.
Had they not done that, then I think I could vote Lelouch the best anime character of the 2000-2010 decade.
Sadly they ruined him by making him a lunatic that chose suicide over responsibility.
I don't respect a character that kills him/herself and runs away from the mess they've created.
Lelouch destroyed the Sakuradite mines in Fuji, which according to the show was the largest mine in the world and responsible for well over a third of the world's sakuradite.
Lelouch destroyed those, thus sending the world into an energy crisis and making the ending of the show scream "BULLSHIT" during Kallen's monologue at the end.
An energy shortage of the scope the destruction of those mines would cause would be fatal to a technological civilization.
It would be like Iran destroying the oil fields in Saudi Arabi, there would be a World War overnight to secure the remaining refineries.

So, I can agree with you to a point Broly, but the fault lies with the head writer and director of the show, not the character they created.
Old 2012-02-02, 20:33   Link #869
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Lelouch's power came from his intellect.
You know, the old "brain over brawn" cliche.
That's what I like about Lelouch. Unlike every Jump main character, he doesn't get through all of his problems using brute force (well, usually). And when I say brute force, I really mean his own physical strength (and absurd amounts of willpower, though I like those kinds of heroes too). One could consider his Geass the ultimate example of pure brute force, however.

I personally thought Lelouch's complete lack of athletic ability was a fine trade-off for his brilliant strategic and tactical intellect and made him a more well-rounded and thought out character. There's nothing I hate more than characters that can do everything.
Old 2012-02-17, 12:09   Link #870
brolyeuphyfusion
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
And overrated? What about Broly, for one?
You have obviously never seen the fantards that say lelouch can beat Goku

lelouch was an idiot in r2(which sucks by the way)
Old 2012-02-17, 12:43   Link #871
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I think Lelouch should have protected Shirley. By that I mean,he shouldn't have erased her memories against her consent. He should have tried convincing her and explaining how he was sorry. He should have befriended her.
Old 2012-02-17, 17:39   Link #872
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
I think Lelouch should have protected Shirley. By that I mean,he shouldn't have erased her memories against her consent. He should have tried convincing her and explaining how he was sorry. He should have befriended her.
My impression is that he did it to keep her out of the war he was fighting.
Old 2012-02-18, 00:23   Link #873
azul120

Quote:
You have obviously never seen the fantards that say lelouch can beat Goku
Again, a character's power != their quality. Or else Aizen from Bleach would be tops.

Quote:
lelouch was an idiot in r2(which sucks by the way)
He was still one of the least idiotic.
Old 2012-02-18, 01:35   Link #874
brolyeuphyfusion
???

The thing is those people think lelouch can do everything. They act like fantards and say that he can beat everyone. I'm tired of the wank. Euphemia should have killed lelouch, so as to shut up those wankers.

Lelouch destroyed the Sakuradite mines in Fuji, which according to the show was the largest mine in the world and responsible for well over a third of the world's sakuradite.
Lelouch destroyed those, thus sending the world into an energy crisis and making the ending of the show scream "BULLSHIT" during Kallen's monologue at the end.
An energy shortage of the scope the destruction of those mines would cause would be fatal to a technological civilization.
It would be like Iran destroying the oil fields in Saudi Arabi, there would be a World War overnight to secure the remaining refineries.
Now tell me that he isn't idiotic.
Old 2012-02-26, 01:57   Link #875
AutarchSeverian

My favorite characters are Viletta, Jeremiah, Cornelia, and Tamaki. Of the four, Jeremiah takes the cake. "Memorize this! Memorize Jeremiah Gottwald! Commit it to memory because that is the memorable name of the man who has defeated you." The best line in the series.
AutarchSeverian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 05:27   Link #876
azul120

Quote:
The thing is those people think lelouch can do everything. They act like fantards and say that he can beat everyone. I'm tired of the wank. Euphemia should have killed lelouch, so as to shut up those wankers.

I still don't know by people who think Lelouch can do everything. It's been made quite clear he can't.

I won't disagree the Zero Requiem was preposterous for that reason, among others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutarchSeverian View Post
My favorite characters are Viletta, Jeremiah, Cornelia, and Tamaki. Of the four, Jeremiah takes the cake. "Memorize this! Memorize Jeremiah Gottwald! Commit it to memory because that is the memorable name of the man who has defeated you." The best line in the series.
I loved Jeremiah too. Tamaki was also good for laughs.

Cornelia, however, was let off the hook too easily. She made for an interesting adversary, but her character wasn't redeemed enough to justify her survival at the end of the series, considering the atrocities for which she was responsible. Villetta meanwhile did things only for her self-interest, while serving as Lelouch's secret biggest obstacle. And even though she's partly responsible for Shirley's downward spiral, the betrayal of Lelouch and his bad end, she still gets one of the happiest endings.
Old 2012-02-26, 11:25   Link #877
Xander

I realize this isn't exactly going to be a productive discussion, to say the least, but never mind.

Quote:

You're ignoring the little detail that the world had already been facing a series of worldwide wars at the time, which makes that specific scenario and your comparison fall rather out of context. It doesn't make much sense to make real world comparisons if you're going to ignore the differences that are part of the fictional reality portrayed by the actual show.

It would be more like if those Saudi Arabian oil fields had been damaged or destroyed during World War II (or III). There may well be an energy crisis as a result and, depending on how it is handled, increased political tensions in the medium-long term, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee another grand scale conflict in the short-medium term.

In fact, it does quite the opposite, particularly when all of the most technologically advanced countries that would have the greatest energy demand (Britannia, EU, China) are already quite exhausted from fighting the previous conflicts or as a result of their own internal rebellions and civil wars. In the immediate aftermath, it makes far more sense for the main world leaders to resolve their differences peacefully during the reconstruction phase and treat the energy crisis as a consequence of force majeure rather than automatically start some mad scramble for resources that they can't even pretend to finance or organize without first implementing some post-war political and economic house-cleaning.

Nevertheless, this is just one of many possible interpretations. Nobody here can predict anything with any objective degree of accuracy, particularly due to lack of information. Which is what also makes too many of these direct comparisons to the real world inherently and structurally flawed.

Moving on, I don't consider Lelouch to be perfect and, personally speaking, most of his decisions towards the end of the series are certainly very questionable. However, I don't think that makes him less interesting as a character, precisely because of said flaws. If you want to put it another way, perfection is boring and less human than the opposite.

Last edited by Xander; 2012-02-26 at 11:49.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 14:26   Link #878
AutarchSeverian

Quote:
Cornelia, however, was let off the hook too easily. She made for an interesting adversary, but her character wasn't redeemed enough to justify her survival at the end of the series, considering the atrocities for which she was responsible. Villetta meanwhile did things only for her self-interest, while serving as Lelouch's secret biggest obstacle. And even though she's partly responsible for Shirley's downward spiral, the betrayal of Lelouch and his bad end, she still gets one of the happiest endings.
Ya, I agree, they are far from perfect. But I still find them to be interesting characters. Moreover, Code Geass's "god" isn't definitively something that metes out justice accordingly to all living humans, so I don't see how you can expect that everyone in the series would get an ending justified by their actions. Finally, I'm not exactly a vindictive person, so what worries me is more that Cornelia, who favored discrimination against Japanese including a purge of at least one ghetto, and was one of the most aggressive in pursuing an imperialist agenda, might maintain a position of influence in the world. However, I'm not exactly cheering on her punishment for past misdeeds.
AutarchSeverian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 18:23   Link #879
KOF-712-B

Smile

Lelouch/Zero: One hell of a rebel. If I wanted to be anywhere I'd choose to be in the Black Knights working underneath him.

Suzaku Kururugi: He may be a traitor but he has his moments.

C. C. : Immortal and awesomely hilarious.

Arthur (the cat): Who doesn't love the cat who attacks Suzaku?
KOF-712-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 00:15   Link #880
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

There's no Code Geass Without Lelouch

I like C.C as much as Kallen but I like Ami Koshimizu more than Yukana

hence

1. Lelouch
2. Kallen
3. C.C

Tags
characters, favorite