AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 4 10.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 25.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 20.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 17.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-20, 09:37   Link #41
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
wait?! They're not shipped yet?
I'll set the sail then
It's too soon to release the ship from the drydocks, given that Naegi's love interest just died.
Old 2013-07-20, 09:59   Link #42
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That'd be more of a problem if she was alive, wouldn't it?
Old 2013-07-20, 10:03   Link #43
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
It's too soon to release the ship from the drydocks, given that Naegi's love interest just died.
It's not just a ship. Naegi x Kyouko is an ironclad in an era of wooden ships. A romance I desired to see from the moment the investigations started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That'd be more of a problem if she was alive, wouldn't it?
You must be new to this anime thing. In the world of anime an existing love interest is practically a welcoming mat for a love triangle or a harem.
Old 2013-07-20, 10:38   Link #44
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
It's not just a ship. Naegi x Kyouko is an ironclad in an era of wooden ships. A romance I desired to see from the moment the investigations started.

You must be new to this anime thing. In the world of anime an existing love interest is practically a welcoming mat for a love triangle or a harem.
Shudders. If Dangan Ronpa was an ordinary High School Anime about an average boy ending up in a High School of Elites, this would be full blown harem right now.

And we'd all be asking for the best girl to win.
Old 2013-07-20, 10:45   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Nah. He's been down her road a bit too far to turn back. As a rule protagonists are pretty faithful and so need weapons-grade obliviousness and/or indecisiveness to maintain a harem.

Unless it's School Days.
Old 2013-07-20, 13:59   Link #46
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Shudders. If Dangan Ronpa was an ordinary High School Anime about an average boy ending up in a High School of Elites, this would be full blown harem right now.

You do, know that Sakura is a girl, though, right?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-20, 14:27   Link #47
Meltyred

Quote:

I wish we would get that spin-off, would make you appreciate it more. (If you know what I mean)
Old 2013-07-20, 15:08   Link #48
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was okay. The trial wasn't very exciting since it was painfully obvious who the culprit was. It's only the first case so I assume the others will be harder. Kirigiri seems to be the smartest person in that school by far and she has the "aura" so I guess she's actually supposed to be a super duper high school detective (these titles crack me up). I noticed she was the only one unfazed by Leon's death so she's probably used to these kind of things.
The main point isn't the culprit, but that both Sayaka and Leon are both the victim of circumstances and murderers at the same time.

The show already stated that Sayaka attempted to murder Leon first, but she failed and received a broken wrist instead.

While it is true that Leon willingly opening the bathroom door to deal the finishing blow makes him a murderer, it's not like he actually had alternatives. Should he leave her be, Sayaka can always accuse him of attempted murder anyway the next day. With Leon coming out unscathed, it would be difficult for him to prove that he acted out of self-defense. He is doomed either way.

For Sayaka... I'll leave that to the game thread since the free time events that would give better insight into her character are missing.
Old 2013-07-20, 15:38   Link #49
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Anyway the next day. With Leon coming out unscathed, it would be difficult for him to prove that he acted out of self-defense. He is doomed either way.
We can assume that Kyouko, Byakuya and perhaps Makoto would find out the loopholes. There are too many that incriminate Sayaka:
1) the doorplates (associated with the note, and there is no way Leon could know about the room swapping)
2) the note
3) Aoi and Sakura regarding the kitchen knife
4) The scabbard (it doesn't make sense for Sayaka to be hit by the sword and yet to be on the defensive considering the slash mark on the scabbard).
5) The sword itself (Sayaka would not be able to claim she used the sword due to the gilding. And since Leon had his hand stained by it, the obvious knife wielder has to be Sayaka. Associate that with the scabbard, and it is foolproof).
6) coincidence: the very day they learn about the DVD, not only Sayaka had swapped rooms with Makoto but also invited Leon.

So frankly, it isn't far fetched to conclude that Sayaka would be accused of attempted murder, especially by Kyouko and Byakuya. There is little to nothing that incriminate Leon there.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-20 at 15:50.
Old 2013-07-20, 15:55   Link #50
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
We can assume that Kyouko, Byakuya and perhaps Makoto would find out the loopholes. There are too many that incriminate Sayaka:
1) the doorplates (associated with the note, and there is no way Leon could know about the room swapping)
2) the note
3) Aoi and Sakura regarding the kitchen knife
4) The scabbard (it doesn't make sense for Sayaka to be hit by the sword and yet to be on the defensive considering the slash mark on the scabbard).
5) The sword itself (Sayaka would not be able to claim she used the sword due to the gilding. And since Leon had his hand stained by it, the obvious knife wielder has to be Sayaka. Associate that with the scabbard, and it is foolproof).
6) coincidence: the very day they learn about the DVD, not only Sayaka had swapped rooms with Makoto but also invited Leon.

So frankly, it isn't far fetched to conclude that Sayaka would be accused of attempted murder, especially by Kyouko and Byakuya. There is little to nothing that incriminate Leon there.
cute idol girl >> man
+
it's not like they will die since both of them alive = who are about investigation?
+
Sayaka already said to Naegi someone try to attack her = more evidence that someone try to attack her + few cry here and there and Naegi at that point will be all over her...
Old 2013-07-20, 16:10   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If he'd called everyone before she had time to recover, he'd be even more likely to convince them.

But even if they believe he tried something... what would they do about it?
Old 2013-07-20, 16:19   Link #52
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They can restrain her, and if it comes to worst, the most suited "cell" so far is the trash room, since she wouldn't be able to open it from the inside.
They can also put Sakura and Mondo on the watch if necessary.
Old 2013-07-20, 16:23   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Exactly. So he had little to lose over just coming forward with the fact someone tried to kill him (they're already prisoners anyway. Getting a less comfortable cell would suck, but I'm not even sure they can do that - the rules say you've got to sleep in a room.).

Instead of murdering her and now they're both dead.
Old 2013-07-20, 16:30   Link #54
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The cell would be just for the day, as like you said there is no way to actually imprison anyone otherwise they will be doomed.
Even so, since she has a broken wrist, it is unlikely she would be a threat, unless she use an indirect approach such like poison.
This is also unthinkable due to the very high level of alert after such incident.
Old 2013-07-20, 16:48   Link #55
hamazura
whatever

mizone is a bitch, thats why even leon didnt kill mizone, she will cry all overr naegi 'truusttt meeee' like a bitch and win everyone heart (execpt the girl)
she is moar moar bitch if you read manga, leon is a good guy here, he want to talk with mizone so he broke the door but mizone attack him again and accidentaly killing her when he fought back.
Old 2013-07-20, 16:49   Link #56
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I don't even think the manga could be considered canon in any case. The way he interact with people in the manga doesn't reflect how he responded to Makoto in the game prior the incident.
And Leon wouldn't claim "self defense" in the game if the manga context was canon. Instead, he would have stated it was an accident, even if it is vain.

The manga tries to connect the events of every characters with what you learn from the social links, but the execution and flow don't fit at all in their given context.
And before people ask: I really suggest people NOT to read the manga, since the manga is actually an attempt to show what happened prior murders from the murderers POV. It is basically a straight ticket to spoilerland with absolutely nothing to alleviate that.
Old 2013-07-20, 16:57   Link #57
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

There was no suspense meh. The whole trial felt idiotic , well the puzzles aren't really intriguing & engaging , guess i expected too much.
Old 2013-07-20, 17:45   Link #58
HandofFate

I kind of feel that even if Leon didn't kill Maizono, and turned her in. The bear would just go ahead and execute her anyway for 'disturbing the peace of the society"

Also surprised the death message she left actually named the real killer for once. Since in Conan The Detective, Kindaichi Files, and other detective series I read, the dying message is always a fake clue.
Old 2013-07-20, 18:33   Link #59
Traece
:cool:

There was some very important dialogue that was missed here, coming from Celes.

Leon says: "Don't I at least have a case for self-defense?"

Actually he doesn't. The rebuttal is that he didn't have to kill Maizono at all. He could have walked away and left it at that, but instead he went through all of the trouble to break into Naegi's shower and then murder her with the kitchen knife.
Old 2013-07-20, 18:39   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
There was some very important dialogue that was missed here, coming from Celes.

Leon says: "Don't I at least have a case for self-defense?"

Actually he doesn't. The rebuttal is that he didn't have to kill Maizono at all. He could have walked away and left it at that, but instead he went through all of the trouble to break into Naegi's shower and then murder her with the kitchen knife.
Indeed. And even if he had killed her in self-defense, they're working under Monokuma's rules, not Japan's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I kind of feel that even if Leon didn't kill Maizono, and turned her in. The bear would just go ahead and execute her anyway for 'disturbing the peace of the society"

Also surprised the death message she left actually named the real killer for once. Since in Conan The Detective, Kindaichi Files, and other detective series I read, the dying message is always a fake clue.
Not always. Sometimes it's just incomprehensible.
Closed Thread