AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-16, 19:39   Link #1661
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Quick questions for a latecomer.

What episode is Darker than Black up to right now? What is the latest subbed episode you can find?
Today the episode 20 was showed in Japan. About subs.. we cant tell a lot about it because it was licenced, sorry!
Old 2007-08-16, 20:16   Link #1662
tresor

Bones was about a subtle as a battering ram with the inclusion

Remember, it is not so much a personal thing to me, but much more so for Bones et al, as they made the decision to write the show this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
I don't really see any semblance between Saikano's Akemi and DTB's Shihiko, albeit both are among my favorite characters in anime.
That is why when I first saw it, I went back to confirm w/ facts whether this was true or not. Although it was somewhat drawn out, consecutive posts etc, but no one else really posted Sunday, the thinking process was honestly shown in my posts Sunday.

Akemi is 17 in Saikano, this woman is at least in her late 30s looking at the lines on her face. Why are they different? Here is another way they are different, Shihoko's eye's are dancing, She is insane. Also, the same as last line, see my speculation spoiler for "contractor" mode. It happens in real life that way to, when people turn cold to you, a different person etc. I think that is the reason that Bones et al did include Akemi here so they could drive the point home between "personal mode" and "contractor mode" (see battering ram in this message title).

Spoiler for These are the many things that are the same:

So, after doing all that I moved on to the next question. Why did Bones et al do this, and that is where I am now. The next part is speculated educated guesses but it is where I am today in my thinking (without drawing/laying out my conclusions)
Spoiler for Last Thursday:

Last edited by tresor; 2007-08-16 at 22:56.
Old 2007-08-16, 20:23   Link #1663
Snait3
Antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Jeje, i dont think we`ll see Amber today.. but i bet that next arc she will be there for sure.
Eres de chile? casi no veo hispanos por aca, un saludo!!
Indeed, no Amber today .

Salu2 para tí tambien
Old 2007-08-16, 23:04   Link #1664
7Th
Mixtape

Episode 20 basically confirmed Amber's contract is indeed getting younger.
Old 2007-08-17, 00:09   Link #1665
Gundam Master

Send a message via AIM to Gundam Master
does she still age, or does she just get younger and never ages
Old 2007-08-17, 01:10   Link #1666
Mangaka-chan

Good questions. If she just ages and then grows older again, wouldn't that means she could technically be ageless if she wanted to be? But on the other hand if she ends up not being able to grow older, then it makes more sense that she can't use her powers whenever she wants to or else she'll eventually end up an infant.
Old 2007-08-17, 04:31   Link #1667
Gundam Master

but wouldn't it also make sense that she ages because if she didn't age that would be her contract instead of getting younger. It's only natural for her to age, maybe she just uses it so much that she has become so much younger.

Also I wonder how old she looked before she used her powers.
Old 2007-08-17, 04:35   Link #1668
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Good questions. If she just ages and then grows older again, wouldn't that means she could technically be ageless if she wanted to be? But on the other hand if she ends up not being able to grow older, then it makes more sense that she can't use her powers whenever she wants to or else she'll eventually end up an infant.
if that's the case, then if she never uses her power, she'll be an immortal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresor View Post
That is why when I first saw it, I went back to confirm w/ facts whether this was true or not. Although it was somewhat drawn out, consecutive posts etc, but no one else really posted Sunday, the thinking process was honestly shown in my posts Sunday.
oh, so those scenes are what you mean... I may agree with some but not with some others, like the "closing eyes" part, since that seems to be just a popular way to show cute-ness in lots of animes. And stealing a kiss under sakura blossom is just ubiquitous, albeit THIS is definitely the best sakura scene ever! Also I'd not say the hospital scene is anywhere sad, rather Shihoko is displaying her ability to switch between all kinds of faces instantly

Anyway I thought you were talking about the two characters' personalities and stuff, so I guess I have misread your line.
Old 2007-08-17, 05:21   Link #1669
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Episode 20 basically confirmed Amber's contract is indeed getting younger.
So that explains why she looked a lot older in the first flashback we seen her in --- i should have known.
Old 2007-08-17, 05:39   Link #1670
Itachi-evil
Banned

It was so obvious.
I think most of us have already thought that her "price" for using her powers is her getting younger.

However there were a few sceptics.......

Now it is officialy affirmed!
Old 2007-08-17, 07:22   Link #1671
Iggy_Pop

There will a drama CD of DTB. Just read it in the official website. Although, the story seems to be based from the manga, not an original story.
Old 2007-08-17, 07:35   Link #1672
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima
Today the episode 20 was showed in Japan. About subs.. we cant tell a lot about it because it was licenced, sorry!
Hmm...I wasn't asking about where to find the subs, but rather asking which is the latest subbed episode. However, I can understand the rationale behind not answering the question as it was originally phrased, so I apologise if it inadvertently flouted the rules.

Having watched up till Episode 18 over the past week, I felt that Darker than Black started to be interesting only from Episode 13 onwards, with the beginning of Yin's arc. On the other hand, it felt as though the show was trying too hard to be another Cowboy Bepop for the first 12 episodes, especially given the influence of Yoko Kanno's music. I suppose we'll be seeing the reasons behind the Evening Primrose's actions pretty soon?
Old 2007-08-17, 07:43   Link #1673
Gundam Master

Well Cowboy Bebop a lot of the episode could stand alone, this the episodes come in pairs.
Old 2007-08-17, 08:11   Link #1674
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Master View Post
does she still age, or does she just get younger and never ages
I think Amber still age. She says something like "Hei, I've traveled a long way. All throughout time". At least her price is getting about 2-3 years younger and I think when she was in war at south america she've must used her power more often. This was was 10 years ago (just don't count how old really is Amber ) so this years count too. If not, she'll be a small baby now. But who knows?
Old 2007-08-17, 08:41   Link #1675
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So that explains why she looked a lot older in the first flashback we seen her in --- i should have known.
Eh... I was talking about an indirect confirmation since that Evening Primrose "cult leader" had the price of growing older, pretty much saying that such a physical change is indeed an acceptable contract by itself.
Old 2007-08-17, 11:04   Link #1676
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Well, then we learn that de payment is not an action, it can be an intern or extern process to. Amber get younger, Alma get older.. Shikoto "feel" and Hei.... WTF with Hei?, i think that we can think again about "have feelings" as payment for him. But if the writters want to be more dramatic, Hei`s payment should be something like "shorter life"... i don know..
So, maybe Amber is the same age that Housimi- sama, maybe... she is her twin sister or something like that... and i hope that she dont become a kid...(more)
Old 2007-08-17, 11:47   Link #1677
tresor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
I think Amber still age. She says something like "Hei, I've traveled a long way. All throughout time"...
Nanami, I agree w/ your thinking on this one.

Spoiler for With Clues From Episode 20 - What is the syndicate:

Spoiler for Hospital Scene Is Sad To Me:

Spoiler for Pictures From Current Episode 20:

"Shikoto "feel" and Hei.... WTF with Hei?, i think that we can think again about "have feelings" as payment for him. But if the writters want to be more dramatic, Hei`s payment should be something like "shorter life"... i don know.." -kashima
Spoiler for Contract of Blackness:

Spoiler for Analysis of Current Episode 20:

Last edited by tresor; 2007-08-18 at 01:12. Reason: Added
Old 2007-08-17, 22:59   Link #1678
nubby

wow the ending to eps 20 confused me a bit.....

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-18, 00:02   Link #1679
tresor

^^^ Yes

Spoiler for Yes:

To Save Huang, probably to save her love in Huang, it's basically the last scene from Saikano reincarnated in a smaller scale.
Spoiler for Dark Joke:

Spoiler for Answer to My Question of How Huang Situation would be manipulated by syndicate:

Last edited by tresor; 2007-08-18 at 01:42. Reason: Spoiler in title
Old 2007-08-18, 12:03   Link #1680
ItachiGT
Banned

Wow again a superberb episode!!

Great too see the character-developement of Hei

Just fantastic.

Episode 21 will be the hit too

Towards the final this show is getting more and more brilliant.

Btw:

SInce the characters do resemble each other pretty much, the guy in the white silk, is he the one with the "blood-attack" again?

In the end Hei shall die peacefully.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural