AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-04, 15:29   Link #121
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
I would have preferred if they left Ahiru Ahiru, instead of calling her "Duck", but well, it means that in English, so I can't really complain, lol.

I actually liked the ending of the anime, kimura. I thought it was kind of cute to see
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 16:10   Link #122
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I disagree I think there was leaps of development between them

Spoiler:

I already have the single released DVDs but I am thinking of buying the thinpak as a backup.
Fan book? I can't seem to find any info about it..............
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 20:21   Link #123
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Fan book? I can't seem to find any info about it..............
Here are the links for part 1 and 2. They are only available untranslated I am afraid.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_JP

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=ja_JP
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 22:21   Link #124
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Here are the links for part 1 and 2. They are only available untranslated I am afraid.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_JP

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=ja_JP
Untranslated is fine, I can read quite a bit of Japanese ^_^. Thank you very much, I'm surprised I never heard of these before, I plan to order them ^_^
Old 2008-07-04, 22:56   Link #125
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

In all honesty, in the end, I was all for...
Spoiler:

Really, I thought Princess Tutu was a masterpiece in terms of storytelling.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 23:59   Link #126
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
In all honesty, in the end, I was all for...
Spoiler:

Really, I thought Princess Tutu was a masterpiece in terms of storytelling.
Spoiler:
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 20:21   Link #127
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Untranslated is fine, I can read quite a bit of Japanese ^_^. Thank you very much, I'm surprised I never heard of these before, I plan to order them ^_^
I have just purchsed volume 1, volume 2 costs more, so I'm waiting to get it. I'll post some scans when it comes ^_^
Old 2008-07-14, 17:56   Link #128
amythest*moon
has too much imagination

Send a message via AIM to amythest*moon
After renting the first two volumes of the anime, I purchased the complete collection set, but was dissapointed to see the original cover art wasn't included, as the disks were all packaged in the same case.

I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find high quality scans of the english dvd covers? I'd like to have scans of each version of these *reversable* covers... I know that's a tall order, and I've looked myself but I've only found a few, which is why I'm seeking help.

Last edited by amythest*moon; 2008-07-14 at 17:57. Reason: clarification
amythest*moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 20:24   Link #129
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by amythest*moon View Post
After renting the first two volumes of the anime, I purchased the complete collection set, but was dissapointed to see the original cover art wasn't included, as the disks were all packaged in the same case.

I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find high quality scans of the english dvd covers? I'd like to have scans of each version of these *reversable* covers... I know that's a tall order, and I've looked myself but I've only found a few, which is why I'm seeking help.
Yeah, when I realized that it was in just one case (what the heck ADV?), I started going after the individual DVDs. lol They're getting kind of expensive. I only have 2 and 3 for now.

Anyway, sorry that I can't help you with the art. If it isn't against any rules, I can scan the ones I do have...
Old 2008-07-16, 06:15   Link #130
Kirarakim

I actually have all the singles so I can see about scanning the ones Asrialys doesn't have. Although I won't be able to do it right away.

edit: Although I don't know how high quality my scans will be.
Old 2008-07-16, 13:39   Link #131
Asrialys

Well, here are my scans of the front and back covers of volumes 2 and 3. It's a start.

Volume 2

Volume 3
Old 2008-08-24, 11:19   Link #132
Kirarakim

Okay so I apologize that I am a month late but I finally uploaded the other DVD covers (and to make up for being so late I also uploaded a few of the more image based inserts that came with the DVDs.

Because the images are so big and I don't want to resize them I am placing them all under spoiler cuts (although if you haven't seen Princess Tutu yet the Volume 6 cover is definitely a spoiler)

Spoiler for Volume 1 + insert:

Spoiler for Volume 2 Insert Only:

Spoiler for Volume 3 Insert Only:

Spoiler for Volume 4:

Spoiler for Volume 5:

Spoiler for Volume 6:
Old 2008-08-25, 13:04   Link #133
FireChick

Man! Volume 1 DVD is hard to find, isn't it? Sun Coast doesn't have the boxset anymore!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 04:44   Link #134
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

Finally got around to watching this, over a year after I first saw it hyped on /a/ (I have to say, the "guitar-wielding ninjas" metaphor was a bit overblown, had me thinking it was going to be a reaaaaallly crazy story). I hadn't even watched any anime in a year, only cared about Marimite Season 4 and Utawarerumono OVA's, then I started watching Princess Tutu and still have to get to watching Marimite now

Really enjoyed it; although the first episode had me seriously confused (resolved pretty quickly in the 2nd episode though), and I thought the first several episodes of each season were kind of meh (the comic parts were fine, just the end of each started getting kind of lame... get the heart shard / save the girl, over and over). But the second half of each season made the series great. I'm still torn over how I feel about the ending though,

Spoiler for ending:

Also, the music got me into listening to classical music again, which I'd neglected for too long. During the first season, the music didn't really catch me that much, it just wound up in the background as I was focusing on the story (I'm not sure, but it seemed like the first season was more ballet, while the second was more general classical... which makes sense as the amount of ballet in the story seemed to be less as the series went on). During the second season it started catching my attention much more; in particular Dvorak's 9th Symphony (first the 3rd Movement, then two instances of the 2nd Movement) and I loved the end of Episode 22, with the final 5.5 minutes to The Great Gates of Kiev (one of the instances they actually used a full piece instead of just excerpts).

Does anyone know if there's any kind of list somewhere of all the music that was used?
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 04:57   Link #135
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx190 View Post
Does anyone know if there's any kind of list somewhere of all the music that was used?
Try doing a search for the Princess Tutu Konzert OSTs. There are three of them, packed with anime and ballet music used.

Spoiler for romanized/translated (not by me) tracklist:

Last edited by Asrialys; 2009-02-14 at 05:11.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 05:02   Link #136
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx190 View Post
Yay! Another Princess Tutu fan! I think I know exactly what you mean about feeling meh about the first season but teary-eyed by the end of the show - it seemed rather cheesy/stupid at first, the candle episode in particular felt so annoying - but man, the second season...

Anyway, I'm sure there is an English listing of music used; I remember afk's fansubs included "music used" at the end of the episode - but if you can understand Japanese there's this page... I'll go look around a bit more for the listing. I have no google-fu
Old 2009-02-14, 20:56   Link #137
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

Yeah, I've been checking out the Konzert OST's; I found it odd that there's no mention of Dvorak among the composers, I guess it's because they only used short excerpts from 12 minute and 8 minute movements and there's only so much space on a disc (it doesn't really matter to me since I already have it on one of the few classical CD's I personally own). But that's why I was looking for a list, to find all the stuff that didn't make it onto the OST; I suppose I could try translating the Japanese on wao's link, but at my minimal level of Japanese I'm not sure it's worth the work.
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 09:16   Link #138
KimmyChan

I've started giving this anime a go lately and even after watching just the first episode I've already fallen in love with it! I do so enjoy cutesy girlie magical girl series such as this!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 09:43   Link #139
hirahira
a duck is fine too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoilers for the last episode:

anyway, I ended up liking this anime a lot more than I thought I would. I started watching it without really knowing what it was about (I was under the impression that it was like Kaleido Star with ballet) so after the first two episodes I was like "lolwhut, this anime is crazy." and I made fun of it for a long time but when I got to the 2nd season I was finally starting to enjoy it and by the end I really, really liked it and now I've re-watched it 3 times. It's sad that there isn't any hope for a sequel or a movie or something
Old 2009-04-20, 18:18   Link #140
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

I can't remember if I posted this already, but the release of the new packaging box set for Princess Tutu is yes, TOMORROW!! I like it much more than the random shot of Rue in the last one... :/ Also I was wondering if anyone new if the new release included all of the extras? I heard it didn't so I was reluctant to pre order the new one. Thanks

Here's the amazon page ---> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B001QUXNMK