AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 09:21   Link #1
shru29

Problem regarding nodame cantabile 1-23_special xvid version posted by c1 Anime

Hey I recently downloaded nodame cantabile 1-23 _special Xvid version posted by c1 Anime having size 4.18 Gb but I am unable to play it with VLC or any other player as they show the episode files to be invalid...I even downloaded cccp codec 2009 (latest)version and tried to play the episodes with media player associated with cccp but that too did not work..plus I have Divx codecs and Xvid codecs installed in my computer....please tell me what is the problem in the files and why are they being shown to be invalid by VLC although i have downloaded them completely without problems?and how will I be able to play the episodes successfully?plus there is a .sfv file present along with the video files which is of 3.36 kb ...what is this file?and is it significant for the episode/video files to be played successfully??Please reply ...
Old 2009-11-16, 13:10   Link #2
Sub-zero 4ever

maybe there is something wrong with your installation of your OS. or directx or something. does your computer play other video files?
and the sfv file is for ensuring that you downloaded the files successfully. you must open this .sfv file with a sfv checker to see the results (google it).
try typing "dxdiag" in start->run and see if any DirectX files are missing in case of your computer doesnt play any video file.
Old 2009-11-16, 15:49   Link #3
emptyeighty

Here's a newbie guide to sfv checking.
Old 2009-11-17, 11:56   Link #4
shru29

thnks for ur suggestion ...i tried it and found there were no direct X files missing..and yes i am able to play other video files..also i used quicksfv checker but i cant open the .sfv file with it as it gives the error "the above file name is invalid" ..also when i checked the property of the folder which contains these episode files the size of the folder is shown as 0 bytes...although it is occupying 4.18Gb in the drive...I have no idea what to do!!i have downloaded it twice already and that too from different fansubs...and in my bittorent application even though the downloading has completed 100% the downloading speed is still being shown as 0.1-0.7 kbps for this particular file ...why is this happening ?? does this mean that the downloading has not been completed successfully and that is why i cannot play the episodes?? If anyone has succesfully downloaded this particular file posted by c1 anime and has been able to play in VLC player please reply to this post ...

Last edited by shru29; 2009-11-17 at 12:17.
Old 2009-11-17, 12:40   Link #5
shru29

hey i also installed cccp insurgent to check if the file is corrupt...i used test render and also crc check but i couldnot do either because it would show the error the above file name is invalid.....this has left me feeling that the fansub posted by c1 anime is corrupt maybe??i had also tried downloading the same fansub but posted by anime-keep but then too i ended up with the same problem...if someone has encountered the same problem with this fansub and has got the solution please please reply to this post and help me watch this wonderful anime!!*tears*
Old 2009-11-18, 05:28   Link #6
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

As far as the "filename is invalid" errors go, did you download this to a folder several levels deep? Windows applications might have trouble if the complete path to the files looks like this:

C:\My downloads folder\Newer downloads\Some other stuff\A very long folder name goes here\And another folder level goes here\Anime things\Files I would like to watch soon\[C1]Nodame_Cantabile_01-23_Special_[XviD][Complete]

If this is the case, move the folder to a higher level (for example C:\ root level) and try QuickSFV again.

If this doesn't work, try checking the hard drive for errors (right-click the drive in "My Computer" and select the "Tools" tab).
Old 2009-11-18, 07:20   Link #7
shru29

ohhh!!thnk you so much my problem has been solved completely....you were right the file path was too big due to which there was some problem... now i am able to view all the files ...thnk u so much once again ... i am really grateful!!