AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-23, 10:16   Link #61
toriko

Chopper turned out to be a Complete badass after these 2 years of training, getting all cocky with that grin on his face and saying that he has Lots of power to make a good fight.
Old 2011-09-23, 10:31   Link #62
Keeper

I'll be disappointed if the girls won't get to show off properly. I was already somewhat disappointed that Nami was again a damsel in distress so easily and Zoro interrupted attack against Robin.
Old 2011-09-23, 10:46   Link #63
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

another theory from my friend about Decken : his hand was slipped and his head hit the rock... so he's fainted.... lol....
Old 2011-09-23, 13:26   Link #64
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
another theory from my friend about Decken : his hand was slipped and his head hit the rock... so he's fainted.... lol....

Uh.... yeah, that sounds about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I'll be disappointed if the girls won't get to show off properly. I was already somewhat disappointed that Nami was again a damsel in distress so easily and Zoro interrupted attack against Robin.

To be fair, Nami was caught up in a team attack, and as was pointed out in the last thread, it may have been possible for Robin to defend herself against Hyouzou if Zoro didn't jump in. And hey, at least it was Brooke who saved Nami instead of Sanji (a guy who actually DOES have experience against invisible foes!).

Actually, speaking of Robin, I'm now reminded of something: In the last thread, we were talking about whether or not Hyouzou and Ikaros were invertebrate, like their real-life counterpart. But considering that Ikaros did confirm this chapter that he indeed had bones, I guess that pretty much means the same holds true for our alcoholic friend, as well. Which I suppose means that james was right in thinking that Robin would be a good potential opponent for him (at least, if she had some way of guarding against the poison......).
Old 2011-09-23, 13:39   Link #65
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Actually, speaking of Robin, I'm now reminded of something: In the last thread, we were talking about whether or not Hyouzou and Ikaros were invertebrate, like their real-life counterpart. But considering that Ikaros did confirm this chapter that he indeed had bones, I guess that pretty much means the same holds true for our alcoholic friend, as well. Which I suppose means that james was right in thinking that Robin would be a good potential opponent for him (at least, if she had some way of guarding against the poison......).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I think only Hyouzou tentacles lack a skeleton...the rest of him seems pretty vertebrate...
It's pretty obvious his upper body has a skeleton...
Old 2011-09-23, 19:27   Link #66
james0246

I was initially worried about Decken (his head injury is potentially fatal), then I remembered that Ussop survived having his skull completely destroyed, so Decken should be okay.
Old 2011-09-23, 20:28   Link #67
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I was initially worried about Decken (his head injury is potentially fatal), then I remembered that Ussop survived having his skull completely destroyed, so Decken should be okay.
Being hit by a 4 ton bat vs falling down and hitting his head

*sage nod*
Old 2011-09-24, 03:47   Link #68
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Being hit by a 4 ton bat vs falling down and hitting his head
Being hit by a 4 ton bat vs being impaled, having a part of his body cut up and falling down and hitting his head
Old 2011-09-24, 05:42   Link #69
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

where the fck is my robin in this chapter??!!

quite uexpected match-ups though. I foresee a Nami-robin team up albeit i'm quite against it. I want a 1-on-1 battle for mah Robin-chuann. DX

I'm quite disturbed about Decken's fate though. O__o
Old 2011-09-24, 07:24   Link #70
spandy15

My Theory

You know, I just noticed something. I scanned the entire forum, and nobody else has brought it up. So, here's my theory of what is happening: NOAH IS NOW FOLLOWING HODY!!! Why? Here are some reasons:

1. Decken had already marked Hody in the previous chapter with his left hand.

2. Decken knocked himself down because his left hand slipped. His left hand was touching Noah, and, as far as I know, that can count as throwing it.

3. We don't know how long the objects continue to follow their target after he throws them; judging from what his said, the thrown objects will follow the target until they are either stopped or make contact. This may heppen even if he is unconcious or even dead; we don't have any evidence to support/ contradict it.

4. From what I can tell, Hody was chasing after the ship when it started to fall. In other words, he was behind Noah when Decken became unconcious, or in between Fishman Island and the ship. So the ship may really be heading after him instead of falling on the island.

So that's my theory on what's happening. No one else made the connection, so I thought I should. It'll certainly be interesting to see if my theory is right when the next chapter is out.
Old 2011-09-24, 09:59   Link #71
Homura7

^Eh... no, Hody isn't behind Noah. He's looking down, in case you didn't notice.
Old 2011-09-27, 11:19   Link #72
marvelB

So yeah, just wanted to put out a small reminder that there's no OP chapter this week, in case anyone missed the opening post. We'll have to settle for other mangas to satisfy our weekly fix this week, I'm afraid (luckily I've got Jojo, Toriko, and Hunter to tide me over just fine ).
Old 2011-09-28, 02:39   Link #73
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Poneglyphs, Gold D. Rogers, Monkey D. Luffy
All of these Poneglyphs that Robin has been discovering and reading have me wondering. Why doesn’t Robin bring Luffy near the Poneglyphs to see what happens? Never once in the One Piece manga have I ever seen Luffy go near one. Gold D. Rogers was able to read them, but he did not do it like the Scholars of Ohara. He had the power to “hear the voice of all things”. It sounds like Gold D. Rogers used Mantra. But if he did then every character in the one piece that has Mantra then should have be able to decipher it to, but that is not true. Rayleigh sounded like Gold D. Rogers was the only one in Rogers Pirate crew who could decipher the Poneglyphs. So that leaves only one options. Gold D. Rogers is a descendent of the Ancient Kingdom who battled with the Twenty Kingdoms (who would later become World Government) and created the Poneglyphs and the Ancient weapons Poseidon and Pluto. Besides Black Beard are the people with middle Initials D. descendent of the Ancient Kingdom? Is Joy Boy ( one on the Poneglyph in Chaper 628 Page 16) a scholar who can read the Poneglyph or will his middle initial be D.?

Observation and Questions
Chapter 552 page 5 Sengoku then mentions the D. and wants to know were the boy came from.

In chapter 594 page 2 the Gorosei talk about the Ds being little to visible of Lately.

White Beards Prophecy in Chapter 576 Page 11 and 12. That sounded really weird but also look at the reaction of Sengoku face during and after White Beard Prophecy speech. You can tell Sengoku did not want White Beard to speak of it at all.

Then you have Gold D. Roger’s name being changed. In chapter 576 page 10. The World Government calling the King Pirate Gold Rogers and not Gold D. Rogers. Why change the name?

Why did White Beard prop Ace up to be the next King of the Pirates? He could have gone after One Piece himself. During the War White Beard acknowledges Luffy's potential after seeing the sovereign Haki released in Chapter 569 and 570. Why support Luffy?

What is the Will of D.?

Chapter 576 Page 11 Ace inherited Rogers will but how does Luffy inherit Rogers or Ace's will if he is not blood related? How does Luffy inherit the will of D. at all? Luffy has to have something in common with Gold D. Rogers, Portgas D. Ace, Monkey D. Dragon, Monkey D. Garp, and all the other surviving D. out there. That would mean Luffy is related through distant relative to Ace and Rogers or through the Ancient Kingdom.

Shanks, Rayleigh, Gold D. Rogers, and the Poneglyph
The Poneglyphs are like to me are like messages inside a puzzles, something Da Vinci would make, and the only ones who can access them would be the people who are related to the Ancient Kingdom (who are the creators of the Poneglyphs) or Smart enough to figure out the puzzle like the Ohara Scholars. Rayleigh explains that they could not match the intellect of the Scholars of Ohara. He also mentions that the Straw hats might come to a different conclusion. Is there also a piece of the puzzle still missing or needs to be interpreted? Or can White Beard and Shank not get to it because they don't have the will of D.? I ask this because Shanks through out the whole series seemed like he was waiting for Luffy. Rayleigh shows up to train Luffy after he talks with Shanks about Luffy's similarities with Rogers. Then you have Shanks who is always getting news about Luffy. Then you have Shanks interfering in the Marineford War. Why go to great lengths to stick your neck out for Luffy? Did Gold D. Rogers tell the same thing to Rayleigh and Shanks that he told to White Beard? Because White Beard trying to make Ace the next King Pirate, and Shanks and Rayleigh helping Luffy seem pretty weird. I wonder if Shanks, Rayleigh, White Beard had the same idea when they were helping Monkey D. Luffy and Portgas D. Ace? Can Shanks and White Beard even get to the One Piece? Is the One piece only for the people who hold the will of D.?

Conclusion the D. could possibly be the descendents of the Ancient Kingdom
Why hide the middle Initial D.? To me the Initial D. is has sensitive has Poneglyphs and the void century history. WG don’t want the world to even know about it. I would like to see what would happen if Luffy approaches one of the Poneglyphs or touches one. Would Luffy gain the same powers has Gold D. Rogers to “hear the voice of all things”? Will Luffy and the other D. be the clue to finding the one piece through the Poneglyph? The reason I came to this conclusion is because there are only two ways that we know of when it comes to reading Poneglyphs. One is intellect and studies like the Ohara scholars. Second is Gold D. Roger way, and his way sound very exclusive, like a club membership kind of deal. Why is Gold D. Rogers aloud to read the Glyphs in a special way? If the D. are truly descendents of the Ancient Kingdom, this would answer the reason why the D. are in most cases always trouble for the World Government.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2011-09-28 at 18:18. Reason: A lot more questions to add
Old 2011-09-29, 10:16   Link #74
marvelB

^Speaking of the poneglyphs, I wonder if "Joy Boy" will reveal himself as the surprise final boss of this arc....
Old 2011-09-29, 13:07   Link #75
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I'm pretty sure being able to "hear the voice of all things" is just the power of Observation Haki.

I mean look at Aisa and Coby. They were able to hear the voices and feel the presence of everything around them in Skypiea and Marineford.
Old 2011-09-29, 14:59   Link #76
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
It does sound like Mantra, but Rayleigh was in Rogers crew at the same time. He to has Mantra. When Rayleigh talked about the"hear the voice of all things", it sounded like Rogers was the only who had it. Rogers was also the only one who could write in old language which is the same language on the Poneglyphs. It seemed to exclusive to be Mantra.

Response to Marvel B
Anything can happen. I don't know much about Joy Boy. But if Joy Boy wrote his message in old Language like Rogers did on the other Poneglyph, he might have a D. in his initials. If Joy Boy is Joy D. Boy, he could be a powerful person and he might have what Rogers had the power to "hear the voice of all things". Right now everything I wrote on Link #77 is just a bunch of speculations off of small bits of facts. But the Letter of apology Joy Boy wrote on the Poneglyph does not sound like a confrontational person to me, but if he has a D. in his initials that might contradict Joy Boy not being confrontational. My questions is what was Joy Boy apologizing about?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2011-09-29 at 15:41.
Old 2011-09-29, 18:49   Link #77
hero147

I'm pretty sure those who hold the Will of D aren't the descendents of some ancient culture that fought against the construction of the World Government in the long forgotten past. Unless I read a wrong translation, didn't Whitebeard mention that the Will of D wasn't blood related? I vaguely remember him mentioning that the Will of D will continue to live on, even though the bloodline is no more.
Old 2011-09-29, 21:18   Link #78
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
But then how and why is it passed through generations? Why is a certain people get this Will? There has to be a connection between all the Ds. It does not make sense to inherit something and not be linked in some form or fashion. Two even if Gold D. Rogers line was eradicated that does not mean he was the only blood line out there.

This is the quote I got from Manga fox Chapter 576 Page 11.
"Just as there are those who have inherited Roger's will ... Ace's will to will someday be inherited by others ... you may eradicate his bloodline but "Their" Flames will never die" To me it sounds like White Beard was talking about Ace's or Roger's bloodline specifically on this translation. Either way they are father and son.

If you look further on into White Beards Prophecy he says that it has been passed down through generations. How long have they been passing the torch if this has gone on for generations? How did it start? If we follow this to the source, will it lead to the Void Century? If you look at White Beard Prophecy he talks about a coming battle. When did this Prophecy start? If the World Government has been living in fear of the day that will come, then who is it that they fear? Why is the Void Century and any evidence like the Poneglyph being erase from history? Why did the WG change Gold D. Rogers name to Gold Rogers? Why kill the Scholars of Ohara?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2011-09-29 at 21:44. Reason: Wrong page number
Old 2011-09-30, 10:02   Link #79
marvelB

Some possible good news: We may get the next chapter's spoilers early next week! The reason being that the next Jump issue will be released a couple of days earlier due to an upcoming Japanese holiday. So, perhaps we may be seeing a new chapter thread here as early as Monday/Tuesday......

Oh, and as far as the usual MS translation mistakes go, aohige corrected the dialogue for the Brooke vs. Zeo scene:

Quote:
Zeo: How is it!?
Brook: Eh?
Zeo: How is my headbutt to the bottom of your foot! This attack will have effect slowly as time progress...!!
Pirates: He's not gonna admit getting stepped on!!
Brook: Oh, I'm sorry for stepping on your face!
Pirates: Don't say that!!
Zeo: Super Sole Headbutt!!
Pirates: He made up a name for the move!!
Old 2011-10-03, 05:36   Link #80
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I'm pretty sure those who hold the Will of D aren't the descendents of some ancient culture that fought against the construction of the World Government in the long forgotten past. Unless I read a wrong translation, didn't Whitebeard mention that the Will of D wasn't blood related? I vaguely remember him mentioning that the Will of D will continue to live on, even though the bloodline is no more.
they don't have to have the same bloodline to belong to the same country or kingdom for that matter. are you related to everyone in your country? no. i don't think the Ds are blood-related but i think their ancestors might have been part of the ancient civilization that was eradicated by the world government. i've always had this notion that when you discover the truth behind the void century, you'd find the one piece. it's all connected. or perhaps the one piece is not anything material but rather it's the truth or the knowledge left by that ancient kingdom. just an idea.