4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-01-09, 19:48   Link #101
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Given his one-sided love affair, that much was decided from the beginning.

In Fumina & Sekai's case, the great Ral bottom itched for them, their fate together has been decided.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 19:51   Link #102
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Yuuma is slowly becoming the next Ral. If we get a sequel that takes place several decades from their date then Yua will probably be the new Ral.
What are you talking about? Ral-san doesnt age

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 01:14   Link #103
Frontier

Try comes back for the new year strong with a very awesome and enjoyable episode !

Shia is definitely cute, both in terms of looks and outfit, and proving to be quite an interesting character. She seems to be able to hear the feelings of Gunpla, or understand them intuitively in a Newtype-ish way that others can't. I wonder if it might be a different form of Aila's ability to instinctively sense Plavsky Particles? Her relationship with Sekai is also set to be interesting, though obviously too early to tell if it will end up being romantic in nature. Her reasons for helping him with Build Burning were merely so she wouldn't have a weak opponent in the future, which hints that she desires strong opponents just like her brother and Adou. And as the captain of the Gunpla Academy Team, she's set up perfectly as Fumina's opposite number and main Rival...both in Gunpla and potentially in love .

Fumina's reaction to seeing her and Sekai together though was hilarious. All those great facial reactions, plus her jealousy and constant moving from one emotion to another was just perfect. She's slowly realizing her feelings for Sekai, and Yuma and Ral are left with very itchy butts at the sight of all this youth and love comedy antics .

So I guess Tatsuya has taken up Ral's old position as the guy who randomly shows up whenever there's a need for a referee in a Gunpla Battle .

We also get a lot more insight into Wilfrid, his character and motivations, and so far he seems like he's definitely the Tatsuya of his generation much like Sekai and Yuma are the Reiji and Sei of theirs. Fitting for someone gunning to be the Fourth Meijin and who was taught by the person originally in line to be the Third. He's an extremely skilled Gunpla fighter, who pays respects to his opponents and does not take well to half-heartedness or ill intent in Gunpla Battle, as well as getting particularly fired up when he's up against someone going all-out. Not to mention his strongest Gunpla is a customized 00 model. One thing that seems to set him apart from Tatsuya is his huge thirst for an opponent on his level, outside his own team, which he's finally found in Sekai. Wilfrid's definitely been cemented as Sekai's rival in the Gunpla Academy, and possibly his main rival going forward, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing their next fight against each other .

My god, that Transient Gundam is a beauty both to look at and see in action .

Poor Team White Wolf. First Adou tears them apart and then Wilfrid takes out the Gunpla they all banded together to make for the Battle Royal in seconds. I'm not hopeful for their prospects in Nationals .

The fight between Sekai/Build Burning and Wilfrid/Transient was very awesome, with their flurry of attacks and both fighters matching each other move for move. Props to Sekai for being able to still keep up with Wilfrid even when the latter knew exactly what to expect from his Jigen Haoh School arsenal. And that new finisher from Build Burning at the end...wow, just wow. A giant phoenix blast destroying a moon isn't something you see every day, especially in Gundam, and shows just how much power is lying within the complete immersion with ones unit that Sekai's been shown to achieve. With the Jigen Haoh School likely being common knowledge to most in Nationals, I'm expecting Sekai will have to tap into this ability to its fullest if he wants to stand up to the competition still waiting for Team Try Fighters. Now it's up to the team to upgrade Build Burning so it can better withstand that power, and Sekai finding a way to master it. I think it'd be pretty awesome if Sekai managed to turn this new move, this move "beyond the knuckle," and instill it into a Finger finishing move .

Great to see Fumina realize that she has to stand on her own as a Fighter, not just support Yuuma and Sekai, and is set to incorporate that into Winning Gundam's upgrade. Not to mention Yuuma declaring that, despite how much he ridicules and still doesn't like him, Sekai is Try Fighter's Ace .

Looking forward to the teams upgraded Gunpla and the new opening and ending next week!
Old 2015-01-10, 04:09   Link #104
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Shia is definitely cute, both in terms of looks and outfit, and proving to be quite an interesting character. She seems to be able to hear the feelings of Gunpla, or understand them intuitively in a Newtype-ish way that others can't. I wonder if it might be a different form of Aila's ability to instinctively sense Plavsky Particles?
What it most made me think of was Eureka's ability to sense the feelings of machines in Eureka 7.

Hmmm, I wonder if gunpla can surf on plavsky particles?
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 05:34   Link #105
rladls2121

I guess it is because what Yuuma said: "So this is youth.".
The same thing Ral said in front of Sei and his friends seven years ago.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 12:03   Link #106
Frontier

Oh, I forgot to mention...as for that whole scene with the Gunpla Academy sitting at a bar, I imagine that was just the group using the VIP lounge to meet up and see Shia rather than Allan allowing the students under his care to actually drink. It looks like the one drink they had on the table was green, which I'm pretty sure is usually an indicator in animation that something's non-alcoholic. Then again, Wilfrid and Adou seem particularly older compared to Team Try Fighters so I wouldn't be surprised if they're closer to their 20's. Shia's definitely underage though.
Old 2015-01-10, 16:29   Link #107
kuroihikari2

The minimum drinking age in Japan is 20 years old, and they're in the U-19s, so it definitely shouldn't be alcoholic.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 15:59   Link #108
pampz21
ShipCore

Oh I just realized the dude with the long hair is Sugita; he finally get to pilot a gundam but isn't an MC; Sunrise should really make a gundam MC based on Gintoki.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 16:03   Link #109
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

What is this "finally gets to pilot a Gundam" did Sugita say something about it?
Old 2015-01-11, 17:06   Link #110
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
What is this "finally gets to pilot a Gundam" did Sugita say something about it?
My understanding is that Sugita, likely on his radio show or somewhere, has gone on record as saying that he's never gotten to pilot a Gundam before while most of his Seiyuu friends have. Heck, Yuichi Nakamura got to have two Gundams last season .
Old 2015-01-11, 17:11   Link #111
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
My understanding is that Sugita, likely on his radio show or somewhere, has gone on record as saying that he's never gotten to pilot a Gundam before while most of his Seiyuu friends have. Heck, Yuichi Nakamura got to have two Gundams last season .
Ohhh okay. Thanks.
Old 2015-01-11, 21:41   Link #112
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So what you're saying is that he'll do it with the help of...
KIYOUJI!!. . . . I had to do it.
Old 2015-01-12, 00:05   Link #113
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I remember it started when his friend, Nakamura Yuiichi got into Gundam before him even though they are both mecha fan, and Sugita role in SRW was Bullet, who had half of his time piloting a Huckebein which looks really similar to a Gundam.

Then from there it becomes a joke throughout the fanbase when almost everyone in Gintama has some kind of role in a Gundam show, aside him. Even from that one Gundam parody episode in Gintama, he didn't manage to get on a Gundam . You can see from this image:

Spoiler for Big:
Old 2015-01-13, 04:49   Link #114
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I remember it started when his friend, Nakamura Yuiichi got into Gundam before him even though they are both mecha fan, and Sugita role in SRW was Bullet, who had half of his time piloting a Huckebein which looks really similar to a Gundam.

Then from there it becomes a joke throughout the fanbase when almost everyone in Gintama has some kind of role in a Gundam show, aside him. Even from that one Gundam parody episode in Gintama, he didn't manage to get on a Gundam . You can see from this image:

Spoiler for Big:
What are you talking about isn't that the Vanishing Gund-*shot*