AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-08, 16:17   Link #1
NoLongerSane

Koko ga Uwasa no El Palacio

Koko ga Uwasa no El Palacio

From Baka-Updates (Manga):
An almost road accident victim loses his memory after being pushed to a street power line pole to save his life. Not knowing his identity he is compelled to stay at his savior's residence, a gym and boarding house for female wrestlers, until he remembers... During his stay he becomes his savior's manservant and the gym's referee trainee.

I used the search option and did not find this manga listed. I found this series to be pretty entertaining. I enjoy reading the interactions between the guy and the girls he is staying with, along with the hijinks of trying to play a starting referee for the wrestling gym his is at.

Also, this series is getting a live action show as reported by ANN.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ve-action-show
Old 2011-07-08, 17:07   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Love Hina with pro wrestling. -_-

Personally I find the "Naru" character here to be far less endearing than the actual Naru. The real Naru wasn't so callous to everyone, and her soft side was more convincing.
Old 2011-07-08, 17:24   Link #3
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Love Hina with pro wrestling. -_-

Personally I find the "Naru" character here to be far less endearing than the actual Naru. The real Naru wasn't so callous to everyone, and her soft side was more convincing.
Ahhh I've been trying to figure out what I think about this series for some time and I think that "Love Hina with pro wrestling" fits pretty well.

The whole guy being stuck with gang of girls and being their stooge thing kinda doesn't sit well with me, well guess in this guess it's a tad boring on the whole.
Kinda wish at times it took a diffferent direction sometimes, like when the guy said he would leave but doesn't(that was all too easy to know what would happen)
I think him finding another place to stay for abit would have given a interesting spin on the series, give the girls time cool down and grow a little.

Still depsite it's "flaws" I'm still reading for some reason, curiosty has gotten the better of me and I want to find out what the deal with his lost memories are so gotta read on!

Better than that other wrestling manga, ehh "something explosion"
Old 2011-07-08, 23:21   Link #4
paladinenvec

I like the manga however this is one of those that i don't care about the main leads(female and male) the other girls are fairly interesting, anyway i cannot have a clear position about the manga since there are not many chapters scanlated.
Old 2011-07-17, 14:47   Link #5
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well seems we may be finally start seeing tid bits about Tadasuke and I'm guessing Ouka's past.
Theres always been a lingering feeling that the 2 knew each other before the memory loss and with the photo, I'm guessing possible boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.
I don't think I'd mind if that was the case, I'd hate to see it be about another guy and we get unneeded melodrama.

Ch 14 was a good chuckle, is the drawer thing from Aria or did Aria get the idea from here?
Mari's room was a surprise, didn't hoenstly expect that altho thinking about it now it was a def possibility, seems so cliche infact

I'd say chapter 14 is the best one yet and the one that's got me slightly more itnerested in the series now.
Old 2011-07-17, 20:27   Link #6
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

Maybe they were just childhood friends, but only one with a crush for the other, and now Ouka wants to "reset" their relationship .
Hope that Hina go for Tadasuke (and see a dere jealous Ouka )

Also it would be funny if tadasuke get a hit on a fight, recover his memory and he was the only japanese disciple of Canek, Rey Misterio or Villano III and beat the fuck out of everyone .
Old 2011-07-17, 20:51   Link #7
Johnny
Working the bags...

I figured the whole memory loss thing was long forgotten, but they brought it back up a couple chapters ago when Tadasuke got fed up with the way Ouka treated him and left. Too bad though when she dropped the doghouse on him in return it sort of fizzled out his bravado. Though she did go look for him later....
Old 2011-07-21, 15:45   Link #8
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 15:
Old 2013-03-07, 23:07   Link #9
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

I love it so far. I truly enjoyed the way Ouka started to warm up to her manservant xD. I wish I knew how much is untranslated... The latest chapter was quite a powerful one and I'd love to see the effects of the match xP
Old 2013-03-09, 02:45   Link #10
NoLongerSane

Wow, read the recent chapter. I'm wondering what happens now and also how long it's going to take for the next chapter to be translated. Really looking foward to see how these turn of events play out.
Old 2013-06-15, 01:25   Link #11
NoLongerSane

Just read the recent chapter.
Spoiler for Chapter 30:
Old 2013-07-13, 07:24   Link #12
J4n1

Updated
Spoiler for chapter 31:

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-07-18 at 11:25.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:25   Link #13
darkofficer
just a devil

Spoiler for cchapter 31:
Old 2013-07-14, 01:18   Link #14
J4n1

Spoiler for chapter 31:
Old 2013-07-14, 06:55   Link #15
darkofficer
just a devil

Spoiler for chapter 31:
Closed Thread