Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-16, 22:53   Link #601
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The fact that they can't see is actually very entertaining: the survivors can use heat/sound tricks (like flares, fireworks, whatever) to make the battles very one-sided in their favor.
You know, I've been wondering why they haven't done that yet. Since they're attracted to sound and heat, create a diversion with fireworks or whatever and then chuck an explosive into the group of zombies that gather around. Or even better, remote detonate it. Kouta's got some sort of military training so he might be able to put together an IED.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 00:20   Link #602
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
You know, I've been wondering why they haven't done that yet. Since they're attracted to sound and heat, create a diversion with fireworks or whatever and then chuck an explosive into the group of zombies that gather around. Or even better, remote detonate it. Kouta's got some sort of military training so he might be able to put together an IED.
Dunno what IED means, but that sounds pretty much like a pipe bomb from Left 4 Dead (game). Lol.

Good to know this is going to be continued.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 00:56   Link #603
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

IED is an Improvised explosive device, so yea you can say pipe bomb, but for most part your more likely hear about it in the news in places like Afghanistan.

Problem with trying to take the fight to them is with out supplies or manpower it's near enough impossible.
At best guerilla tatics are the only option, even then this is a group of kids that are only just surviving by the skin or their teeth.
Sure enough drawing groups of zombies together then blasting to bits good and all really only good for getting past or clearing out areas altho then if your using something that goes KABOOM! your more than likely to attract more attention.

Well I'm really just wondering if the gorup will meet up with Miss Sniper....altho when that happens I get the feeling it's at that time she would most likely get killed.
Old 2010-02-17, 02:55   Link #604
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What about using the national sewer grid as safe haven? "Them" can't really think and smell/sound would be covered by the putrid water, so that only leaves heat to worry about...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 03:33   Link #605
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
IED is an Improvised explosive device, so yea you can say pipe bomb, but for most part your more likely hear about it in the news in places like Afghanistan.

Problem with trying to take the fight to them is with out supplies or manpower it's near enough impossible.
At best guerilla tatics are the only option, even then this is a group of kids that are only just surviving by the skin or their teeth.
Sure enough drawing groups of zombies together then blasting to bits good and all really only good for getting past or clearing out areas altho then if your using something that goes KABOOM! your more than likely to attract more attention.

Well I'm really just wondering if the gorup will meet up with Miss Sniper....altho when that happens I get the feeling it's at that time she would most likely get killed.
It's still better than firing a gun like they've been doing. The gun makes you the source of the noise. "They" would be attracted to you.

At least with a an IED that's rigged to remote detonate or trip wired it would be an isolated source of noise. Takashi and the gang can pretty much use the large amounts of common flammable/explosive household products lying around to make IEDs assuming Kouta has the knowledge. However, manpower would be a problem...
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 03:38   Link #606
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm not into guns, but aren't there those small rod-like thingies called silencers so that guns don't make a noise when shooting?
Old 2010-02-17, 03:43   Link #607
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Very smart observation... but then, it would be no fun if they just walk around killing zombies while being almost undetectable XD
Old 2010-02-17, 10:41   Link #608
Wrath88
Kissing...

The fun comes, when as they eliminate zombies, something surprises them, make them emit sound loud enough to attract more, until a horde comes, and how they deal with it.
Old 2010-02-17, 10:47   Link #609
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Invisible wire would be the best weapon for this manga: Takashi's team sets it up, killing hundreds of "them" but also accidentally injure/kill someone from another group, thus starting group wars!
Old 2010-02-17, 15:01   Link #610
sumowow

You know this manga would be a lot more interesting if for some reason "they" gained the ability to run. Just think of hordes of those monstrous creatures just run after you.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 05:34   Link #611
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Actually they can run. Remember when they stormed the plaza of Saya's house? They were all over the place in a matter of seconds.

As for the distraction tactic, who exactly is going to set up the trap? The person will most likely not get away far enough to escape the horde.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 08:40   Link #612
Wrath88
Kissing...

Or take a leaf from Plants vs Zombies. Put a rake down, and watch the zombies get a faceful of pole.
Old 2010-02-19, 09:15   Link #613
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

If zombie lose.. there would be no stories.. well, it can, considering the author's background .. and Busujima and Takeshi needing to repopulate the world.

But lets get back to HotD for now
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 16:15   Link #614
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Raws for ch.24 are finally available.

Saeko is looking glorious as usual:

Spoiler for =):
Old 2010-03-09, 16:58   Link #615
gringe

They're only Chinese scans, not raws. It was likely scanned by someone in the Chinese group, because I haven't seen actual raws anywhere yet.
gringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 17:03   Link #616
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringe View Post
They're only Chinese scans, not raws. It was likely scanned by someone in the Chinese group, because I haven't seen actual raws anywhere yet.
And what difference does it make for us English readers? If there's Chinese scanlation for it, then obviously there must be the original somewhere.

And they can also use the Chinese scanlations if some group is planning on picking it up.
Old 2010-03-09, 17:27   Link #617
gringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
And what difference does it make for us English readers? If there's Chinese scanlation for it, then obviously there must be the original somewhere.

And they can also use the Chinese scanlations if some group is planning on picking it up.
It makes a big difference. There's only one group that translates the series into English, and we don't have a Chinese translator. It's possible someone else will try to pick the series up translating from Chinese, but the translation quality would suffer as a result, because it won't be as smooth going Japanese->Chinese->English as it would be Japanese->English. Maybe you wouldn't care, but it's no guarantee that someone will try to do that anyway.

Just because there are scans doesn't mean whoever scanned it will release the Japanese raws. If there aren't raws available yet, then the person probably is in Japan, scanned them exclusively for their group and won't make them publicly available.
gringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 18:00   Link #618
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringe View Post
It makes a big difference. There's only one group that translates the series into English, and we don't have a Chinese translator. It's possible someone else will try to pick the series up translating from Chinese, but the translation quality would suffer as a result, because it won't be as smooth going Japanese->Chinese->English as it would be Japanese->English. Maybe you wouldn't care, but it's no guarantee that someone will try to do that anyway.

Just because there are scans doesn't mean whoever scanned it will release the Japanese raws. If there aren't raws available yet, then the person probably is in Japan, scanned them exclusively for their group and won't make them publicly available.

First of all, let's clear the misunderstanding. In my first post, I was aware that those were Chinese scanlations and not the actual Japanese raws.

But I was trying to say that if there is Chinese scanlations of it already out, then there is also the raws available as well. Whether or not they will release it publicly I don't know, and don't really care as long as I get to see the pictures since I can get most of what's happening (of course, English scanlations are better).

Did I really had to emphasize such an easily obvious point? lol.

And yes, I wouldn't mind if some other group picks it up and translates it from Chinese to English. First comes first serves, so that group would get the points from me.
Old 2010-03-09, 18:49   Link #619
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Raws for ch.24 are finally available.

Saeko is looking glorious as usual:

Spoiler for =):
Damn... to think I recently found out the artist is an H-artist... I can't look at those pictures the same as before

Unfortunately for me, I'm a picky one and probably will be waiting for Japanese>English scans. But at least it's good to know HotD is moving again
Old 2010-03-09, 20:54   Link #620
FateAnomaly

Good thing is i can read chinese. Bad thing is i don't know where it is.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies