Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-05-29, 05:46   Link #20621
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i would have gotten it but i didnt want to spend 40€ for an HG kit...
I don't blame you; that is ridiculously overpriced for an HG kit.
Old 2011-05-29, 06:13   Link #20622
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I don't blame you; that is ridiculously overpriced for an HG kit.
it was somewhere between 35€ and 40€ im not sure anymore. but either way, thats about 10€ more expensive than what id pay on HLJ :P
the other kits he had were more reasonably prized though.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 06:55   Link #20623
skyboy928

Quote:
im so jealous... here we dont have ANY shops like that XP i only found a tiny bit of gunpla in a few comic stores and that was pretty overprized already. they did have the new HG g gundam though when it first came out, i was kinda surprized to see it there. i would have gotten it but i didnt want to spend 40€ for an HG kit...
the owner of the shop also explained to me why its so expensive: he orders it from america because bandai wont ship to any shops outsidfe of japan directly and he has to use the dollar price 1:1 to the euro which makes it VERY expensive. and to make at least some profit off of those kits he has to slap on 10% on the whole price.
and thats why i cant and dont want to buy gunpla here :P even with the high import costs its still less expensive than the shops here...
ouch, 40€ fr a HG sure is way too much. too bad Bandai don't do a thing for us. they really should set up some kind of store outside Japan, that way Gundam fans all over the world could get it at least a bit easier.
the only expensive HG kit i ever bought is the GP03 Dendrobium, that one cost me around $300 USD when it first came out.
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 07:10   Link #20624
skyboy928

here is a another question for you all, what did you do with your Gundam kit's box once you finish? did you simply trash it, or did you stack it somewhere?
i'm one of those who love to save almost everything of it, the only thing i trash is the remaining plastic from the kit, but i did keep all the boxes. in case i move i will put them them to their original box. but my parent been yelling at me...... and i finally realize it as well, but my realization is i need a bigger place, lol not trashing all the boxes.
so any good idea for me on how to save those boxes?
here is one of my picture for my collection, so at least you know how many boxes i have save up, lol

as you can see i have boxes stacked everywhere already, and those brown boxes in the bottom are all Gundam boxes inside too.....
Old 2011-05-29, 07:55   Link #20625
Appel

thats a nice collection! the 1/144 is pretty much my personal holy grail right now, ill get it one day^^

about boxes, i just cut off the top of it and throw away the rest. i keep 2 boxes to store extra parts and stuff i dont need though.

Last edited by Appel; 2011-05-29 at 08:09.
Old 2011-05-29, 12:33   Link #20627
Se7en Sabers

Very nice work

Congratulations
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 19:58   Link #20628
skyboy928

Quote:
thats a nice collection! the 1/144 is pretty much my personal holy grail right now, ill get it one day^^

about boxes, i just cut off the top of it and throw away the rest. i keep 2 boxes to store extra parts and stuff i dont need though.
I think I might do that as well
Old 2011-05-29, 23:32   Link #20629
Sworra

Quote:

I do the same aswell.. I cut the box art out and just recently i'm going to frame the box art so i can at least hang them on a wall..
Old 2011-05-30, 00:39   Link #20630
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
I do the same aswell.. I cut the box art out and just recently i'm going to frame the box art so i can at least hang them on a wall..
interesting idea, but if i were to do that i think i these box art will totally cover the entire house,
Old 2011-05-30, 01:39   Link #20631
Appel

there is a really cool new painted build of the OO raiser on gundamguy...

i love the green channels on the frame near the condensers! i think ill do the same with my OO kits today and with my OO raiser once it arrives :O that looks just incredibly awesome^^
Old 2011-05-30, 08:23   Link #20632
Appel

dalong seems to love the OO raiser by the way:
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m144/m144_p.htm
(warning for those with a slow connection, TONS of photos^^)

Last edited by Appel; 2011-05-30 at 14:03.
Old 2011-05-30, 18:48   Link #20633
Araxiel

I'm one of those that cuts off the front panel of the box for the art. Keep the cool picture, throw the rest in recycling.

As it happens, among the stack of actual Gunpla I got at Expo was a cheap Chinese knock-off Dynames. I really should have given the box a look-over before impulse-buying... anyway, I made it, it's basically the HG with less detail and crappier-fitting parts, plus it smells like a toilet. No joke. The plastic's shiny and has a really odd smell.
Spoiler for images:

In any case, I thought I'd put it to the floor as to what I should do with this awful Chinames. Should I paint it in the colours of China's not-Gundam as a joke? Glue all the loose bits down and give it to a charity shop so some kid can have it as a toy? Tear it apart and make a 'wrecked Dynames' diorama?
At any rate, I'm hanging onto it until my real Dynames eventually arrives in the mail so I can do some side-by-side comparison to satisfy my curiosity. But post your suggestions, no matter how evil, unless they involve physical harm to myself or others.
Old 2011-05-31, 02:27   Link #20634
Appel

yeah... if it smells that badly its probably the cheapest plastic they could find XD
i dunno what you could do with it though. paint it in trans-am colors maybe?
Old 2011-05-31, 04:53   Link #20635
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Damn, my MG 00 Raiser will arrive today and because of my work, I have to wait until saturday because no one's home to receive it for me
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 06:12   Link #20636
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Damn, my MG 00 Raiser will arrive today and because of my work, I have to wait until saturday because no one's home to receive it for me
mine left japan yesterday, it will probably arrive somewhere between thursday and saturday. i hate the slow customs here...
but i cant wait to build it^^ im pretty sure that i wont paint it though. but i still have a can of high gloss top coat... maybe ill do that instead^^
Old 2011-05-31, 06:38   Link #20637
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
mine left japan yesterday, it will probably arrive somewhere between thursday and saturday. i hate the slow customs here...
but i cant wait to build it^^ im pretty sure that i wont paint it though. but i still have a can of high gloss top coat... maybe ill do that instead^^
Customs where no problem this time. I ordered mine on Hobby Search. It left Japan friday and was in custom yesterday. That's what i call "Express" It still sucks, that I can't get it before the weekend.

Post some pics of yours when your done. I would to the same, but I lack the equipment Anyway, I will order another one sometime in the future, so I can have both 00 Gundam and 00 Raiser

Also, I ordered some more HGUC and MG Kits:

HGUC Gundam GP01 FB
HGUC Gundam GP03 Stamen
HGUC GM Custom
HGFC Shining Gundam
HGFC Master Gundam and Fuunsaiki
MG Unicorn Gundam OVA vers.
MG Wing Zero Custom.

Next month, I'm gonna get MG Epyon and MG Sinanju plus another pair of HGUC Unicorn Gundams in both modes.
Old 2011-05-31, 06:53   Link #20638
Appel

i dont really need a second one, i already have a 1/144 OO gundam, a red 1/100 NG OO gundam/G inspection and the NG O raiser in my shelf, thats enough for me^^
but yeah, ill take photos of it! but i think i wont be dont before sunday. it depends on when it arrives.
i had other plans with my money at first, i wanted to buy an internet tablet. but that changed and so i didnt preorder my OO raiser, thats why i dont have it yet :P

oh and yes, get the sinanju^^ im planing to get the turn a next though. i dont plan to get the epyon at all...
Old 2011-05-31, 07:09   Link #20639
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

The MG Epyon looks to be like a pretty epic kit, and it's the reason why I ordered another Wing Zero Custom. My first turned out alright, but I feel like I could have done a better job on it (panel lining, leftover parts from the trees etc.).

I saw rrobbert's review on the Turn A. While it seems to be a great model, I probably won't get it. While I did enjoy the anime, the Turn A did not really contributed to my enjoyment of the show. The battles were boring in my eyes and I really don't like the MS Designs besides the Zaku's. The only scene that I really thought was epic was the Turn A dual-wielding the Gundam Hammers and owning two other MS.
Old 2011-05-31, 07:14   Link #20640
Appel

the turn a's design REALLY grew on me^^ and its a great model as it seems!
plus it can pull off some really neat poses. panel lining that son of a b*tch will probably be a pain though XP

Last edited by Appel; 2011-05-31 at 07:29.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy