AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-10-29, 16:04   Link #1981
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
To go off topic for a second
And to go back I thought Vivio was a deformed Arisa when I first saw a picture of her.
Really I though she was...

Spoiler for ...:

I don't think they should make a season 4... my LOLIs...

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:51   Link #1982
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Just caught up with the thread

But I'm not going to comment about previous talks though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Really I though she was...

Spoiler for ...:

I don't think they should make a season 4... my LOLIs...
Well, if they keep it as the same year as SSX, then it's fine, but any further time skipping will make "otaku level" fans cry

But it would be nice getting some character development outside the Sound Stages and manga

Though I wonder, if they had focused just on the anime, stuffing all the information/events from the mangas and the sound stages, it would've end up being a 30+ episode season...maybe more.

Not that I'd complain if it had been that way

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2008-11-02 at 19:25.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 19:46   Link #1983
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Like we said earlier, Nanoha should've gone Gundam and went for 50 episodes. We would even forgive them for making a recap episode for the lulz!
Old 2008-11-02, 20:19   Link #1984
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Like we said earlier, Nanoha should've gone Gundam and went for 50 episodes. We would even forgive them for making a recap episode for the lulz!
Ehh... what are the "lulz"?
Old 2008-11-02, 23:35   Link #1985
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Netspeak for "the laughs", Rick. Doing something for the lulz just means doing something because it's fun and/or amusing.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:56   Link #1986
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

While re-watching episode 13 today, and listening to Carim's prophecy, I realized something about Carim's prophecy.

The prophecy lauds:

"In the land where ancient crystals and infinite greed gather and intertwine,
the wings shall revive from the holy land beneath the dead king.
The dead shall dance, and the tower of law in the central lands shall burn to the ground.
But before this, the ship of law that guards the many seas shall be torn apart."

Now, the first line obviously refers to Al Hazard, and the second line probably to the Cradle. However, then it becomes odd.

The dead shall dance? We assumed this to relate to Zest, as he called himself 'dead' but recently a far better subject arose.

Mariage.

Mariage were described as 'corpse weapons.' Dead bodies fused with technology and altered to become weapons that would not halt until completely destroyed. They recently ran amok in SSX, which would more accurately describe the 'dead shall dance' line then Zest did.

Now, assuming my suspicions to be true, what this means is that the prophecy has not ended yet.

The last line in particular, 'the ship of law that guards the many seas shall be torn apart.' The only 'ship' that comes into my mind would be the Main HQ, the station centered in the dimensional sea.

This has the smell of a fourth season hook. What could threaten the very existence of the Main HQ? Who will be behind it? Will Al Hazard finally make an appearance?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 05:53   Link #1987
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The dead shall dance? We assumed this to relate to Zest, as he called himself 'dead' but recently a far better subject arose.

Mariage.

Mariage were described as 'corpse weapons.' Dead bodies fused with technology and altered to become weapons that would not halt until completely destroyed. They recently ran amok in SSX, which would more accurately describe the 'dead shall dance' line then Zest did.
I don't have any knowledge of the SSX, but considering "dead" is also in multiple form, it could very possible be so. I don't know the whole circumstances of Zest's death and revival, but I assume it was not similar to mariages.

Quote:
Now, assuming my suspicions to be true, what this means is that the prophecy has not ended yet.

The last line in particular, 'the ship of law that guards the many seas shall be torn apart.' The only 'ship' that comes into my mind would be the Main HQ, the station centered in the dimensional sea.
I agree on the "Ship" part reference to the Main HQ. Considering the Cradle is down (also as mentioned in the Prophecy) and there does not exist any bigger ship (or more vital), the main HQ might be what it is referring to.
Quote:
This has the smell of a fourth season hook. What could threaten the very existence of the Main HQ? Who will be behind it? Will Al Hazard finally make an appearance?
If a 4th season is even possible, I would be both delighted and more interested if they brought Al Hazard in. Most anime series goes for a couple of episodes before revealing "the main threat" but some do use seasons.

Either way, it was certainly some interesting ideas you brought up, but don't they say that Carim's prophecy's are sometimes incorrect? Some of the lines might just be errors.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 09:09   Link #1988
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

It could also be a reference to Vivio's role as the resurrected Kaiser. Really interesting idea, though.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 09:11   Link #1989
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Possible, but considering the plural, and the fact the Mariage were literally corpse weapons, I feel more inclined to believe it was them. Also, since the last passage refers to the Main HQ, to which nothing has happened yet, I believe this to be a premonition of future events.
Old 2008-12-15, 09:49   Link #1990
Jimmy C

But if you're going to reinterpet the prophecy that way, there will be another threat to GFHQ.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 09:54   Link #1991
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Perhaps. It would make sense anyway, unless earth is the victim again, they re-locate the battlefield to an uninhabited planet, or introduce a new planet for them to fight on Mid is going to be a battlefield again.

Or perhaps the re-appearance of Al Hazard could lead to the destruction of the Ground Force HQ, and the battle would be fought there.
Old 2008-12-15, 11:06   Link #1992
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Sounds like the Navy HQ since it says 'guards the many seas' and dimensional space is pretty much like a sea. And the Navy HQ defends it.
Old 2008-12-15, 12:53   Link #1993
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
While re-watching episode 13 today, and listening to Carim's prophecy, I realized something about Carim's prophecy.

The prophecy lauds:

"In the land where ancient crystals and infinite greed gather and intertwine,
the wings shall revive from the holy land beneath the dead king.
The dead shall dance, and the tower of law in the central lands shall burn to the ground.
But before this, the ship of law that guards the many seas shall be torn apart."

Now, the first line obviously refers to Al Hazard, and the second line probably to the Cradle. However, then it becomes odd.
Actually, I think the fourth line is most likely to reference the Cradle. The Cradle was, after all, both a literal "ship" as well as the heart of the Belkan Empire (being the throne of the Sankt Kaisers) and thus would be the ultimate source of law, and it was, quite literally, "torn apart." Also significantly is the "but before this" prefix to the fourth line, which indicates that this is the first event that shall happen in the sequence.

Interesting thought on Mariage from SSX fitting the third line, though, and if it fits it also falls into sequence...

Another thought: every interpretation we're suggesting fits various bits and pieces to the prophecy and they all reference Ancient Belka. It makes me wonder if any part of the prophecy has anything to do with Mid-Childa, the TSAB, or anything "modern" at all. Sounds like Yuuno-kun needs to hit the history books in a hurry...
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 13:39   Link #1994
Once and Current Subber

Be careful about over-parsing the fansub translation. Not that I'm ripping on it specifically or anything, just that I've seen this kind of discussion come totally apart when the "real" text came out later.
Avatar_notADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 14:54   Link #1995
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

If it comes apart, it comes apart. This is only baseless speculation anyway, so I can only hope my theories to be right.

It's merely a subject that popped into my head and I figured 'hey, it may give us something to debate about again'
Old 2008-12-15, 16:19   Link #1996
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

You know, if Mariage, which is revealed to us after StrikerS, is "the dead" as mentioned in the prophecy (provided the translation isn't off), the same could also be applied to the other parts as well.

What I mean is that stuff like "the ship of law", "the tower of law in the central lands" and "the holy land beneath the dead king" may well be places, people, things that have yet make their appearance so far. They may, and may not, be related to present-day events, locations or characters, and as DezoPenguin suggests, may not even have anything to do with Midchilda (sad as that may be; Midchilda should have some limelight too ).

Of course, one can argue otherwise . But in any case, this assumption simply allows fanfiction to further expand on the prophecy with a little more imagination .

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 23:44   Link #1997
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Hmm... May be prophesy is so vague because it's not about one chain of events, but cover series of that events, be they succesful or not? If Jail wins - prophecy correct and worked, he loses prophesy still correct and worked... and ready to work again.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 00:47   Link #1998
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

To be honset, all the thing abou the "Prophesy" gave me a headache
Old 2008-12-16, 08:58   Link #1999
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Be careful about over-parsing the fansub translation. Not that I'm ripping on it specifically or anything, just that I've seen this kind of discussion come totally apart when the "real" text came out later.
This time the translation was pretty accurate, except for one point of homonymic ambiguity and another of lost data (the Dead - locked in plural though, or the Heralds). They've actually extracted the text at NanohaWiki:
1) 旧い結晶と無限の欲望が交わる地
2) 死せる王の下、聖地より彼の翼が蘇る
3a) 死者(使者?)達は踊り、3b) 中つ大地の法の塔は虚しく焼け落ち
4) それを先駆けに数多の海を守る法の船は砕け落ちる

Line 1 is a Setting, while Lines 2-4 are actions. Grammatically, 4 must happen before 3a and 3b, but may be placed before or after 2 without effect (you alter its reference). 2 must precede 3, 3a must precede 3b. 1 must define the general setting for 2, and while it is technically possible for 3 and 4 to happen elsewhere, as a paragraph it is best if 1 covers 3 and 4 too.

Of course, one can always dismiss parts of the prophecy as wrong or in the wrong order. But then the possibilities expand to beyond discussion IMO. So I'm going to go and assume the entire prophecy, though ambigious, is true.

With the constraints set, let's get moving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Mariage.

No. Mariage won't work then. For the prophecy to be true, 4 has to come first before both actions in 3 - HQ would have to die before the Mariage appears for it to be true, and as far as we can tell that didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Actually, I think the fourth line is most likely to reference the Cradle. The Cradle was, after all, both a literal "ship" as well as the heart of the Belkan Empire (being the throne of the Sankt Kaisers) and thus would be the ultimate source of law, and it was, quite literally, "torn apart." Also significantly is the "but before this" prefix to the fourth line, which indicates that this is the first event that shall happen in the sequence.
Actually, it is possible for the reference zone to be only after line 3 instead of 2.

Quote:
Interesting thought on Mariage from SSX fitting the third line, though, and if it fits it also falls into sequence...
So the Cradle, then the Mirage, except that the 3rd sentence implies a very short time delay between 3a and 3b. Since 3b didn't happen that day, sounds a bit iffy.

There is also one problem with the Cradle being the Sentence 4. Sure, to say it is the source of (Ancient Belkan) law is OK. But it also says 数多の海を守る with 守る in the present tense. It might have qualified for 守った (protected, in the past), but the present? What is it protecting?

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2008-12-16 at 09:25.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 15:21   Link #2000
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Oh, prophecies. Gotta love how vague they are, otherwise they wouldn't be prophetic