AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-09-12, 04:25   Link #7541
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'm getting the Cloudflare prompt on some sites as usual...except the captcha disappered.

It's totally still asking for the code though...

Any ideas?
Old 2014-09-12, 11:15   Link #7542
Dr. Casey

Hmm, I'd recommend trying a different browser for those select websites. That sounds like the kind of issue that's browser-specific, and which could possibly be resolved by trying out a different one for Cloudflare websites.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 11:33   Link #7543
HasuMasu
*Artist

Unfortunately it's my ip. I tried the browser thing before.

Well the captchas suddenly came back. I reported it to Cloudflare, but who knows...
Old 2014-09-12, 12:45   Link #7544
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
Unfortunately it's my ip. I tried the browser thing before.

Well the captchas suddenly came back. I reported it to Cloudflare, but who knows...
Wipe your cache and cookies then try again.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 22:49   Link #7545
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Does anyone know where I can buy a full-sized (standard) sim to mini sim cutter?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-09-15, 02:03   Link #7546
Seitsuki
Onee!

When converting mine I just chopped bits off with scissors. Works fine, as long as you're careful.
Old 2014-09-15, 02:07   Link #7547
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
When converting mine I just chopped bits off with scissors. Works fine, as long as you're careful.
What if you have 1000 pieces to cut, and returning it to supplier means you got no stock for a month?

Old 2014-09-15, 04:26   Link #7548
Seitsuki
Onee!

Oooooooohhh. Well. Uhm. Avoid coffee?

Kidding. This look anything like what you're after?
Old 2014-09-15, 08:10   Link #7549
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

I know that the terms "copyright infringement", "theft", and "piracy"

I know that the terms "copyright infringement", "theft", and "piracy" are often used interchangeably. However, I'm curious what the technical differences are. I've Google but I am looking for someone's opinion of them in lay terms.
Old 2014-09-15, 09:32   Link #7550
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Oooooooohhh. Well. Uhm. Avoid coffee?

Kidding. This look anything like what you're after?
Nope. I was looking for a Full-sized to mini cutter, 1FF to 2FF.

Old 2014-09-15, 10:13   Link #7551
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
I know that the terms "copyright infringement", "theft", and "piracy" are often used interchangeably. However, I'm curious what the technical differences are. I've Google but I am looking for someone's opinion of them in lay terms.
"copyright infringement" - In this case the offender is a published work or anyone that makes public use, in something that he claims to be made by himself, while using material that is copyrighted, without the consent of the original author.
Exceptions to this rule are things that are within the definition of "fair use" and parody (which is protected speech).
No such thing as "copyright infringement" exists for anything that is made for personal use and is not public.

"Theft" - the appropriation of a property (a "good") that belongs to someone else. Usually this term is associated with real things, but the concept has extended to "intellectual properties" or other abstract concept such as "identity" and "information". Generally anytime someone takes "something" that by law he isn't supposed to take: that's theft.

"piracy" - Originally this term referred to the act of hijacking mercantile ships and stearling their goods and money, diverting the influx of money derived from such trade routes into their own treasury.
Later on this term was used to indicate the act of profiteering by selling counterfeit copyrighted products, therefore, in a sense, hijacking the influx of money derived from the sale of a certain product into their pockets, often, but not necessarily, without the knowledge of the customers.
Nowadays anyone that copies and distributes a copyrighted work is considered a "pirate" whether he gains money from that or not. As the copyright owners only care about the influx of money that doesn't get into their pockets, they see absolutely no distinction.

Last edited by Solace; 2014-09-16 at 19:24. Reason: Thread was merged, adding quote so conversation stays on track.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 15:32   Link #7552
Seitsuki
Onee!

Those are though (eg this). They're basically hole punches, just put in the appropriate sized template. (Or no template I guess for mini.)

Last edited by Seitsuki; 2014-09-15 at 16:14. Reason: link
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 22:51   Link #7553
Unonithy
An Internet Aristocrat

Are there any Arizona users? I might be moving to Phoenix next summer and I've heard it's really bad in terms of racism, intolerance of gays, etc.
Thing is; I can't tell if that's just a stereotype of that area/the south in general we have up here in Canadia Land (Canada) or not. So in your honest opinion, how bad is it?
Old 2014-09-23, 11:18   Link #7554
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

anyone know how to change profpic? I keep failed to do that

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 19:23   Link #7555
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unonithy View Post
Are there any Arizona users? I might be moving to Phoenix next summer and I've heard it's really bad in terms of racism, intolerance of gays, etc.
Thing is; I can't tell if that's just a stereotype of that area/the south in general we have up here in Canadia Land (Canada) or not. So in your honest opinion, how bad is it?
I live in Phoenix. While some areas might be bad with intolerance/racism/stereotypes, it depends on the person and the part of Phoenix.
Old 2014-09-23, 19:44   Link #7556
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
anyone know how to change profpic? I keep failed to do that
User CP -> Your Control Panel -> Your Profile -> Edit Profile Picture

Is this the sequence you have been going through?
Old 2014-09-23, 21:48   Link #7557
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

yeah
but I always failed when try to save changes after upload the image
even when I used another image host
( I already resize my image to approriate size )

edit: problem solved
so profpic and avatar is different thing! lol

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!

Last edited by gecd; 2014-09-24 at 06:29.
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 09:23   Link #7558
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

What is the reputation of Optus like in Australia as a telco, as compared to their rivals?

Old 2014-09-28, 16:35   Link #7559
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What is the reputation of Optus like in Australia as a telco, as compared to their rivals?
Optus probably has the second best reputation out of the four big telcos here as far as I can tell, in comparison to Virgin Mobile Australia (1st place, funnily enough a subsidiary of Optus), Telstra (3rd), and Vodafone Australia (4th).

Optus and Voda tend to get the most complaints about their coverage, though both companies have been making good in-roads in this regard. Still, Optus has quite a number of MVNOs operating on its network (including Virgin), meaning that depending on where you go, network congestion can be a bit of a problem. Not surprisingly then is that Telstra tends to offer the best speeds and coverage... for a price.

The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman publishes a yearly review of customer complaints, where you can look at the latest one here. Of course, it only speaks of one side of the story- perhaps having a look at the Whirlpool Forums could give you a glimpse into other opinions.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention the above only applies to the mobile/cellular side of things. I'm fairly certain that with reputation in terms of Internet service, iinet would top the lot (thanks to its stance against the currently proposed heavy-handed anti-copyright infringement policies and generally being awesome to their customers).

Last edited by blaze0041; 2014-09-29 at 22:41.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 11:46   Link #7560
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What is with the bacon addiction fad?
I don't understand why people who are into this fad insist every meal consists of bacon and constantly mocking or insulting people who don't eat bacon despite those people have legitimate reasons (vegetarian or vegan, allergic to meat juices, Muslim or Jewish since pork is not Halal/Kosher or they don't like eating that kind of meat.).

Tags
problem, q&a, serious