AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-17, 06:28   Link #1381
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Actually Byakugan allows the user to see beyond the focal point of a person's vision to a 360 degree field, along with being able to see the flow of chakra in a person. This was made obvious early on when it was first shown to the audience.
I didnt say eyes cant see if they didnt focus i said Brain cant get all informations that eyes see, right..

Like in normal eyes, your brain obtain informations only what is in front of your eyes or where your eyes r focused, and other things that pass around u, u dont pay attention( in other words your brain dont get correct information, he only see that something passed or happened)
SpiRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:53   Link #1382
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
I didnt say eyes cant see if they didnt focus i said Brain cant get all informations that eyes see, right..

Like in normal eyes, your brain obtain informations only what is in front of your eyes or where your eyes r focused, and other things that pass around u, u dont pay attention( in other words your brain dont get correct information, he only see that something passed or happened)
Well that's debateable in the fantasy world of Naruto and the extent of Byakugan's prowess as a dojutsu.
Old 2007-03-18, 07:47   Link #1383
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

This is not debatable, this is wrong.
The Byakugan allows to percieve and focus on everything around the user, it doesn't just give them a large peripheric vision.

That's why Neji could avoid hundreds of spiders and kunai coming from everywhere with pinpoint precision
Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 16:35   Link #1384
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
This is not debatable, this is wrong.
The Byakugan allows to percieve and focus on everything around the user, it doesn't just give them a large peripheric vision.

That's why Neji could avoid hundreds of spiders and kunai coming from everywhere with pinpoint precision
Spoiler:
But then why Hinata couldnt find bug in instant look ? (i mean when they were on mission with Shino)
She needed time to look 1 by 1 ..

Or when they searched for explosives in Konoha village .. Why they didnt see instantly all explosives even in mountine ?
Old 2007-03-18, 17:16   Link #1385
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Because that's ridiculous anime fillers.
Old 2007-03-18, 17:25   Link #1386
Asianknight82
Banned

Hinata isn't as good with the byakugan as neji is, that's why. Neji has already proven that he can fully comprehend everything around him save for that one blind spot.
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 18:11   Link #1387
Kazekage_Gaara
Kage of Sunagakure

Send a message via AIM to Kazekage_Gaara
Remember what Hinata said about the Byakugan? If the temperature of everything in the vicinity is nearly the same she can't really pinpoint everything clearly. I know this is from the fillers but that's their fault now for putting such a "fact" in there.

I suppose seals don't have a different temperature from the things around them do they? lol. Or else Neji is just that good (which he is).
Old 2007-03-19, 08:54   Link #1388
Rurik
Golden

As Hunter said those were ridiculous anime fillers.

One other thing, Byakugan haven’t been said to have thermal vision capacities….and even if it does, Insects are not hot Blooded animals, in the moment Hinata did that trick with the Byakugan, I Turned off my screen and never watch another filler episode ever again.
Old 2007-03-19, 09:04   Link #1389
Kazekage_Gaara
Kage of Sunagakure

Send a message via AIM to Kazekage_Gaara
Haha, well you got them there. That completely blows. I can understand why you'd never want to watch em again.

Anyways, on to the threads point. Gah I would've hoped a Byakugan user would have a chance to fight toe to toe with a Sharingan user. Mainly because a Byakugan user doesn't even have to look into the eye of those Uchihas to fight. But when we learned that Itachi can just point at someone to catch them into a genjutsu, that just kinda killed the whole thing. I think WITHOUT that fact being around Hyuugas wouldn't do that bad right? Like Gai learning to fight with looking at their foot movements, Neji or whoever can just stare somewhere else (such as the ground) and fight it out as well.
Old 2007-03-19, 11:44   Link #1390
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

If Sharingan is a genetic off-shoot of Byakugan, then i'm sure the Hyuga clan in theory should have some knowledge about their descendents abilities/weaknesses. Maybe this will become more apparent in the series later on.
Old 2007-03-19, 13:35   Link #1391
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
Quote:
But then why Hinata couldnt find bug in instant look ? (i mean when they were on mission with Shino)
She needed time to look 1 by 1 ..

Or when they searched for explosives in Konoha village .. Why they didnt see instantly all explosives even in mountine ?

Filler.
Agallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 20:28   Link #1392
SpiRo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
Filler.
I guess that explain everything u dont like.
Old 2007-03-20, 15:54   Link #1393
Vizard.King
Fear the Vizard

Quote:
Byukugan is stupid, brain cant focus on 2 things at once, so what is use of 360 when u wont see anything except where u r focused ..

And in Naruto we see many times in battle that they say "whoa he is fast, i didnt saw him" or " i barely saw it" so 360 wont see it anyway no metter if he can look all around.

Byukugan is good becouse he can see a spots where chakra flows, but if he cant hit it then Byukugan dont have any other use.
i agree with this kid, plus so what if you hav a 360 degree vision, if u become a sharingan master like itachi, u can catch ur opponet in tsukyomi just by pointing at him/her...i say SHARINGAN RULES!!!!! but only cause itachi has it sasuke a moron
Vizard.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 20:52   Link #1394
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I think that pre=timeskip(not MS) sharigran can fight on equal lvl with byakugan, however due to the recent godly upgrades of sharingran, sharingran user would waste a byakugan

Of course of it is itachi fighting he would win cause he is portrayed as a god or demi-god

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 22:17   Link #1395
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
Quote:
I guess that explain everything u dont like.
or that the filler you speak of doesn't even exist in the manga.

And the filler is not written by the same person that writes the manga(the real story).
Agallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 02:48   Link #1396
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Quote:
Byukugan is stupid, brain cant focus on 2 things at once, so what is use of 360 when u wont see anything except where u r focused ..

And in Naruto we see many times in battle that they say "whoa he is fast, i didnt saw him" or " i barely saw it" so 360 wont see it anyway no metter if he can look all around.

Byukugan is good becouse he can see a spots where chakra flows, but if he cant hit it then Byukugan dont have any other use.
I'll agree with a few other people who posted how this doesn't makes sense. Obviously in our world the human brain can't easily take in so much information and focus on everything at once. But for that matter the human mind/eyes can't retain all the information, read movements before they happen, as well as make people think they are being stabbed four hours on end in the matter of a few seconds. I also don't know many people that can summon clones of themselves (I only know like two) for that matter. That is why this ability isn't real and it doesn't make sense to say sharingan is better(which it is as far as power) by saying that the byakugan is unrealistic. Also as far as not being able to focus on many things it's just as some of the other said. That depends on the capabilities of the user. Neji has been able to and I'm sure Hinata is soon due for her improved capabilities. Byakugan actually has better perception than sharingan so I'm not sure why you used that to say byakugan is useless and wouldn't be able to see faster characters when it's better than sharingan at that particular ability .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
As Hunter said those were ridiculous anime fillers.

One other thing, Byakugan haven’t been said to have thermal vision capacities….and even if it does, Insects are not hot Blooded animals, in the moment Hinata did that trick with the Byakugan, I Turned off my screen and never watch another filler episode ever again.
Hah! I never even thought about that when I was watching the episode. I guess that it is rather stupid huh? I have to wonder how many times you've shut your screen off for some of the stupid stuff in Naruto though. lol

One last thing, does anyone have the actual data book data on Byakugan? I don't always trust Wikipedia...

Last edited by chaz017; 2007-03-21 at 04:37.
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 05:18   Link #1397
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz017 View Post
One last thing, does anyone have the actual data book data on Byakugan? I don't always trust Wikipedia...
"The Hyuuga Clan is a noble clan in konoha holding the same status as the Uchiha Clan. The Hyuuga Clan possesses the bloodline limit of Byakugan. When utilizing the Byakugan, due to the enormous energy released, it will cause the blood veins around the user to be visible.

The Byakugan is capable of seeing through objects as well as having a telescopic vision. However the Byakugan possesses an even more petrifying ability, that is the ability to see the chakra system and chakra points. Because of this, the Hyuuga Clan is a clan known for having the finest bloodline limit, and also having a pitiful history..."
Old 2007-03-21, 06:53   Link #1398
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
"The Hyuuga Clan is a noble clan in konoha holding the same status as the Uchiha Clan. The Hyuuga Clan possesses the bloodline limit of Byakugan. When utilizing the Byakugan, due to the enormous energy released, it will cause the blood veins around the user to be visible.

The Byakugan is capable of seeing through objects as well as having a telescopic vision. However the Byakugan possesses an even more petrifying ability, that is the ability to see the chakra system and chakra points. Because of this, the Hyuuga Clan is a clan known for having the finest bloodline limit, and also having a pitiful history..."
Why thank you very much Hunter. Quite appreciated. I'm surprised that's all the definition it gives. Dang those vague descriptions to leave room for advancements!
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 15:16   Link #1399
Vizard.King
Fear the Vizard

neji-byakugan master
itachi-sharingan master

now think who would win in a fight, don't go sayin: of course itachi he's in akatsuki, he has the MS, etc. they both hav a bloodline limit in there eyes, there both masters of there specialty, after u think bout it im sure you'll say the sharingan is better
Vizard.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 10:32   Link #1400
Uchih@

Location: In past i lived in konoha but now-a-days..... well i can't tell you.... its a secret
i think sharingan is more powerful cause byakugan just lets the user see chakra points where as sharingan lets the user use genjutu, ninjutsu n taijutsu. it allows user to copy the technique in an insant and other stufff........ basically byakugan is only useful in taijutsu since you have to make a contact with opponent to block its chakra points
Uchih@ is offline   Reply With Quote