AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-14, 18:35   Link #1041
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Having no friends survive to catch him (or, more precisely, pull him to safety) as he jumps toward the Normandy as the Collector base blows up.
So basically just rushing things, not gaining any loyalties from your crew mates, not getting any ship upgrades, picking the wrong squad members for specific assignments in the suicide mission. Seems like quite a feat in order to get Sheperd killed.
Old 2011-02-14, 19:56   Link #1042
james0246

^Yes. It takes a concerted effort to fail before you get the worst ending...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 00:47   Link #1043
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Shepard can die in the suicide mission, but you won't be able to transfer your save file over to ME 3.
I didn't know that. Interesting @_@. Well then, at least Liara is still assured to be in ME3, or at least alive. (actually i didnt beat shadow broker yet...so...no spoilers though I'll find out myself).

Quote:
You'll eventually get to a point where Jacob will express his feelings toward you. Once there, simply choose the Renegade or Neutral option to break off the relationship (the Neutral option will keep the Loyalty, but the Renegade may cause Jacob to lose his Loyalty).

To be safe, the only way to be sure you are still in a relationship with Liara is to see if the picture of her on your Captain's Desk in your personal quarters has been turned over or not (I think that is only if you choose her for the first game, so it could be Ashley or Kaiden if you choose that character...I think (the only save file I had for MS 1 was the Liara option, so I am unclear what happens with the other options)).

p.s. you can persue a sexual relationship with the red head personal assistant (sorry, I've forgotten her name), without worrying about messing up your relationship with Liara.
Too bad for Jacob he's the least interesting character in the entire game right know, even the engineer duo is more interesting than him. I care not if he's not loyal, he can die for all I care. My femshep is just hopelessly flirtatious to him in no matter what she says. Make no mistake, I will reject the shit out of him

I'm playing the PS3 version. So i chose Liara in my interactive comic. Kaidan is dead in my story but his photograph is still on my desk. According to Bioware that's a glitch that they will fix along with the corrupt save glitch in the patch. Sony didn't release the patch yet.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 17:36   Link #1044
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
The existence of a new DLC, called "Arrival", was accidentally leaked with a patch for the Ps3 version adding the trophies.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/21/ma...-latest-patch/
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 01:35   Link #1045
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol nice one PS XD
Old 2011-02-22, 16:38   Link #1046
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
^Yes. It takes a concerted effort to fail before you get the worst ending...
It would be pretty hilarious if they added one achievement specifically for that "Trophy Earned" "Get Sheperd Killed" "20 points"
Old 2011-02-23, 06:08   Link #1047
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Reminds me of some games that reward you tremendously for the task of sucking incredibly hard.

Parasite Eve 2 gives you a really awesome piece of armor if you get the worst possible completion rank and then start a New Game+.
Old 2011-02-23, 19:39   Link #1048
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Reminds me of some games that reward you tremendously for the task of sucking incredibly hard.

Parasite Eve 2 gives you a really awesome piece of armor if you get the worst possible completion rank and then start a New Game+.
Really?? I'm quite astonished they give someone something amazing for getting a horrible rank, probably to condole that person and see if they do better with it?
Old 2011-02-23, 20:06   Link #1049
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Mostly because being the absolutely worst possible in games takes a lot more effort than people think.

Think about possible achievements like 'missing every shot in the game.' It's an achievement that sounds like only the greatest idiot can achieve, until you realize that means the player has to finish the game without killing anyone throughout the entire game.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 20:12   Link #1050
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Mostly because being the absolutely worst possible in games takes a lot more effort than people think.

Think about possible achievements like 'missing every shot in the game.' It's an achievement that sounds like only the greatest idiot can achieve, until you realize that means the player has to finish the game without killing anyone throughout the entire game.
That would be a very difficult feat to accomplish based on the game itself (if it has like 5 enemies every corner) and resisting the urge to just kill them to move on throughout the game.
Old 2011-02-23, 20:17   Link #1051
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Exactly. Every player does something while playing a game, even if they play it casually. So getting the absolute lowest score possible means you actually have to try to get the lowest score possible.
Old 2011-03-03, 02:25   Link #1052
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
The existence of a new DLC, called "Arrival", was accidentally leaked with a patch for the Ps3 version adding the trophies.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/21/ma...-latest-patch/
Second appearance pack, and a new DLC side story? How exciting!!

Yes, I know I'm late.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-05, 13:54   Link #1053
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
Jack ended up dying on my suicide mission which I wasn't that broken up about
so how many of you took the renegade option in the end?
Old 2011-03-05, 14:13   Link #1054
Aqua Knight

Is Overlord DLC worth playing?
Old 2011-03-06, 02:01   Link #1055
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Is Overlord DLC worth playing?
Yeah, I'd say so. The ending is a bit sad though.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 15:44   Link #1056
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Jack ended up dying on my suicide mission which I wasn't that broken up about
so how many of you took the renegade option in the end?
You mean...
Spoiler for Final Ending Choice:
Cheers.
Old 2011-03-06, 17:20   Link #1057
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
You mean...
Spoiler for Final Ending Choice:
Cheers.
The Paragon final choice is hard to resist if you are not the submissive type that likes to take orders from a man that likes to leave you in the dark about things, sends you into perilous danger with risk of dying, acting like he knows everything and having a fancy astronomy room, and likes to look like a yakuza boss.
Old 2011-03-06, 17:25   Link #1058
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's still a choice that makes sense on both sides of the coin though. The Normandy wouldn't have come out as well as it did if it wasn't for the Turians reverse engineering Sovereign's weapon technology to create those fancy new cannons Garus got for you. Imagine what an entire intact base filled with reaper tech can do.

I wonder if it's a way to compensate in the third game... If you've played an asshole the first two games, you don't have fancy things like Ragni support, a galaxy in (relative) harmony with humanity, a united Quarian fleet, a renewed Krogan race and so on. That's a lot of help down the drain, a fancy army with reaper-level technology would go a long way to help even out those scales again.
Old 2011-03-07, 03:14   Link #1059
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Blowing up the Collector base seems like intentionally handicapping humanity in the war against the Reapers. I left it for study.

I suspect that ME3 will take a lot from choices you make in ME1 and ME2. At least that's what Bioware says, anyway. We'll see.

I actually had no one die my first playthrough, and I didn't even use a guide. Just got lucky I guess--well, that and everyone was loyal.
Old 2011-03-07, 03:19   Link #1060
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh I played both games amassing as many potential friends and allies as possible cause, ya know, I want dem homies on my side when shit hits the fan as the setup to one massively awesome and epic clusterfuck finale.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2