AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-03-03, 09:39   Link #1
Seiryuu

Good stories at different school levels

OK, some people find they enjoy shows focused on students or people within specific age groups. I have a friend who would like to see more good, clean stories focused on college students (like Kamisama Dolls). I'm cool with all age groups but would enjoy seeing a semi-serious and well-drawn show centered on grade-schoolers, similar to Card Captor Sakura in art quality and cleanliness. There are several great shows built largely on the lives of grade-schoolers that aren't so clean, such as Ro-Kyu-Bu, Zettai Karen Children and Kyou no Go no Ni, and I like those as well, but I'm focusing here on the cleaner works. Other age groups are also good, and romance and conflict over mature issues is fine and welcome; since I was going to ask about elementary and college, I figured I'd just ask for a break-down of good shows focused on each school level. Manga's OK, but for this one no full-blown H.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 12:52   Link #2
jedinat

Well, for elementary school there's... Kodomo no Omocha, Gakuen Alice, Dennou Coil, and Figure 17... all are "clean" I believe.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 15:42   Link #3
deadlights911

Gakuen Alice is pretty good if you want to check that out.
deadlights911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 08:48   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Maison Ikkoku is a good one for college level, so is Honey and Clover.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 06:45   Link #5
Seiryuu

Does Alice have any serious stuff? I'll admit I only saw a small portion of it.
Also, did Kodocha ever get fully released or what? What I last heard it was licensed and therefore you couldn't easily find it for DL, but the licensing company only released one season, meaning that it's nearly impossible to get anything from the rest of the series.

Are there any college-level ones with lots of action like Kamisama Dolls?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote