AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 12:59   Link #3401
Merkarion

The fight was funny. I never thought that one part of the Barbaroosa was a mega Missile^^
(yes not Barbaloosa...look)

It looks like that Quartz Christie likes Marika ( the way she speaks her name at the end of EP26).
But why did Gonzaemon Kato hides his identity...he fakes his dead...but why... (no i didnīt think he did it for Marika to becoming Captain...on the other side Ririka, at the first episode, looks like she was waiting for something like that)

btw: Look at here...Gonzaemon with his daughters^^ (not Real...but the way are they stand^^)

The Song when the Grand Cross explodes (also Ending Song EP13 an to hear at the end of EP 21 are : "Toumei Na Yozora~Matataku Hoshi N" )

But for my opinion there must be a 2. season coming. A Movie may nice but is to short for me^^
Merkarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 13:42   Link #3402
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmmm, episode 26 was fun, but it left a feeling of "why did they stop when things were finally getting good." I mean, it was action, piracy, space battles with juuust a bit of high school. It's like I got what I signed up for only at the end.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 14:11   Link #3403
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkarion View Post
It looks like that Quartz Christie likes Marika ( the way she speaks her name at the end of EP26).
Well. How can anyone hate on Marika in the first place?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 14:25   Link #3404
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
A couple Chiaki avatars -- one naughty and one nice.

If no one else has claimed this one yet I'll take it!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 17:11   Link #3405
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quartz Christie is color coded in a similar manner to Misa. That unusual blue makeup on their heads.

- It could be Quartz and Misa both originate from the same part of Imperial Space... same culture. They both look kind out of place amongst everyone else because of their features.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 17:44   Link #3406
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That probably is indeed true. I had a feeling that people from Terra/Earth/Coruscant/Core Worlds would look like that.

And I think I know why Quartz is after Marika... She wants a father figure, and she doesn't like sharing (ie more typical of a princess).

So in a sense her real motive was to get Ironbeard's attention.
Old 2012-07-01, 21:45   Link #3407
Dark Wing

I believe this is what they refer to as "pimp'in" correct?...

Spoiler for poor chika:

Oh the scandals this would cause...

Spoiler for intergalactic tabloid:
Old 2012-07-01, 22:14   Link #3408
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I FINALLY got a chance to see Episode 26. I'm happy. I'm sad. I'm not entirely sure what to say. I can't believe it's been a whole six months since this adventure began. I'll post more when I've collected my thoughts later.

Endless "Time to marathon!" Soul
Old 2012-07-01, 23:03   Link #3409
FateAnomaly

Coorie is too awesome. Quadri-dexterous(?) ftw.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 23:30   Link #3410
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
That probably is indeed true. I had a feeling that people from Terra/Earth/Coruscant/Core Worlds would look like that.

And I think I know why Quartz is after Marika... She wants a father figure, and she doesn't like sharing (ie more typical of a princess).

So in a sense her real motive was to get Ironbeard's attention.

I don't think they're sisters. Quartz is at least 18, could be up to her mid 20s.

Quartz appears to be the Emperor's daughter because of the way Gonzaemon delivered the Emperor's order to her.

I don't think Gonzaemon or Ririka are old enough to be her parents, either. Marika is borderline for them. Gonzaemon and Ririka look like they're 35-38.

It could be Marika and Quartz could be related but I think it is more likely Quartz is Marika's cousin or aunt, meaning that one of Marika's parents could be royalty
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 23:37   Link #3411
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I see Ironbeard being a mentor to Quartz, who then sees him as a father figure probably lacking back in the palace. Not related by blood, but still able to feel some 'sibling' rivalry.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:38   Link #3412
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
That was totally bodacious! Marika's father is him!
The narrator seems to be Ironbeard and have been keeping tabs on his daughter's progress.

Marika's tactical forecast ability reminds me of Gundam 00's Leesa Kujo/Sumeragi Lee Noriega, but I prefer Marika's personality... I wonder if Galactic Empire's Starfleet or other interstellar navies has noticed Marika's abilities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkarion View Post
(cut for space)

But why did Gonzaemon Kato hides his identity...he fakes his dead...but why... (no i didnīt think he did it for Marika to becoming Captain...on the other side Ririka, at the first episode, looks like she was waiting for something like that)

btw: Look at here...Gonzaemon with his daughters^^ (not Real...but the way are they stand^^)

Quartz has similar hair type as Ironbeard...

Last edited by encia; 2012-07-02 at 02:51.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 05:03   Link #3413
justpassingby

It is supposed to be on the 3rd of every month, but I guees the Japanese are going to be busy with their Tanabata celebration this Saturday. The 2nd Chapter of the manga is now available at NicoNico Seiga [link]. Many parts have been altered from the novel, but at least he got the part where Gruelle shows the ring to Bentenmaru crew almost right
Spoiler for oh Marika why you so crazy:
And you can pre-listen the songs in Mouretsu Pirates concept album, cosmic Expo, from Mikako-shi's official Satelight website [link]. What's with the very short version of the first song?

Edit:

Preview for Akiman Design Work
Spoiler:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-07-02 at 05:55. Reason: I got it wrong, it was supposed to be the 3rd of every month. Bleh work fatigue :P
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 05:58   Link #3414
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'm surprised that no one has done this yet:

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 07:22   Link #3415
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Quartz appears to be the Emperor's daughter because of the way Gonzaemon delivered the Emperor's order to her.
Actually the orders came from the Queen of the Galactic Empire.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 07:23   Link #3416
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I'm surprised that no one has done this yet:

THERE IT IS, BODYSUIT MARIKA OOOOHHHHH DOCTOR

That won the entire series for me, look at that small chest, that fancy belt, those cuff links, those shoulder pads, and that crotch, ah I love her! MARIKA!!!! *mangatron jumps up and down on a yellow couch* That's it, I want to be a crew member on the Bentenmaru, I'm going to sabotage the bridge and leave a small hole on the hull, that way Marika would be forced to wear that bodysuit every time she's on the bridge nyahahaha

And how about Blaster MILF, she wore a hot outfit too

Marika......don't leave, this can't be the last ep

Oh, by the way,.....Misa's lipstick is green. Her lipstick is green. I didn't bloody know that until now I've seen red, black, and pink lipstick on girls before, but....green! That's my favorite color and I missed that all season? *mangatron jumps out a 1 story window*

Ah, that Captain Ironbeard.... that voice actor probably likes to play masked men, I gotta say it sure fits
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 08:19   Link #3417
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmmm, episode 26 was fun, but it left a feeling of "why did they stop when things were finally getting good." I mean, it was action, piracy, space battles with juuust a bit of high school. It's like I got what I signed up for only at the end.
Exactly my sentiment. The episodes after the Golden Ghost Ship felt like a colossal waste of time, with that race episode that focused on a char I never cared for and never will.

Overall, a 7/10, 13/20. Marika and the final arc did it for me, but not enough to make me go, "I wanna own the DVDs/BRs".
Old 2012-07-02, 08:21   Link #3418
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

THERE IT IS, BODYSUIT MARIKA OOOOHHHHH DOCTOR

That won the entire series for me, look at that small chest, that fancy belt, those cuff links, those shoulder pads, and that crotch, ah I love her! MARIKA!!!! *mangatron jumps up and down on a yellow couch* That's it, I want to be a crew member on the Bentenmaru, I'm going to sabotage the bridge and leave a small hole on the hull, that way Marika would be forced to wear that bodysuit every time she's on the bridge nyahahaha

And how about Blaster MILF, she wore a hot outfit too
Usually, daughters follows their mothers. Marika still has couple of years to fill out.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 09:01   Link #3419
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
If no one else has claimed this one yet I'll take it!
No one has that I know of.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 10:19   Link #3420
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Say, I just heard this is getting a movie. Is that for real? Maybe bodysuit Marika will return after all!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri