AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 376 64.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 86 14.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 31 5.28%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-31, 14:20   Link #461
thr

The episode was great, but the ending gave off the same vibes as the ending of Chronicles of Riddick. Pure camp. I loved every second of it, I laughed at every second of it. (Somehow Conan the Barbarian also came to my mind while watching the confrontation between Charles and Lelouche.)
thr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:23   Link #462
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!XDDDDD
With Lelouch in charge the world will start to heal.
Of course he's going to have to take care of ONE TINY PROBLEM.

Suzaku as his "Knight of Zero", it is pretty ironic.
But think of it this way, Suzaku has taken the first step towards fan redemption.
I 'm starting to hate him less now.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:27   Link #463
ftghb

ok, the plot twists that this show is all about constantly changes the stances of the characters to much for my liking...it's like, the writers portray lelouch in this role of a martyr a couple episodes ago and now he's ruling over the very empire that he loathed? There has to be more to the reason as to why he decided to take up the throne....it makes him look selfish now (and I cannot get how reproachful CC looked in the background when Lelouch and Suzaku were giving their grand entrances)...I know that Charles' last words about this world falling into Schniezal's hands and the choice between a world of malice and virtue applies....but does this mean that Schniezal's going to duke it out with lelouch for the control of the world with the power of the BK on his side?
ftghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:29   Link #464
Dream_Traveller
Banned

'Power'? What 'power' do the BKs have? Thanks to the FLEIA and Rolo's escape, they're down to a mere few members, and Kallen's probably going to defect. She goes, they're dead on the water.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:30   Link #465
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Oh shit holy fucking jesus

I had to watch this episode twice before I can start processing things....geez

The Rounds, Bismarck, Gino, Nonette and Monica (noo!!!) seems to be on Schneizel's side but no signs of Anya. The former four looks to be siding with Schneizel but I am not sure about Anya. But then again, the Rounds are suppose to be the Emperor's best, wouldn't they tarnish the name and their own honor by siding with Schneizel? After all, Lelouch IS the emperor....

Albion vs Galahad in the next episode....I don't think things are gonna be good for Bismarck.

Lelouch meeting Kallen means the BKs are not involved in the conflict. I think which side the BKs will take has much to do with Lelouch and Kallen's meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
'Power'? What 'power' do the BKs have? Thanks to the FLEIA and Rolo's escape, they're down to a mere few members, and Kallen's probably going to defect. She goes, they're dead on the water.
Pretty much. I can't see Kallen fighting against Lelouch. In next episode's meeting Lelouch should be able to persuade Kallen to a degree and with Kallen gone, Toudou and Chiba are the only aces the BKs have.
Old 2008-08-31, 14:31   Link #466
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

HOLY SHIT! Epic... pure... awesomeness... OMG... WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT A WEEK! ACK!!!

This episode was everything that I expect from Code Geass. Philosophy at its finest. And damn, a team up of Lelouch and Suzaku (told ya!)

That only leaves one more thing... What in the hell does Schneizel WANT god damn it! Seriously, he doesn't even give a shit that Lelouch took over Britannia (by abusing his Geass... again...) What is he really after? What does he really want? How the hell is he going to beat Lelouch's Geass? This is what it comes down to I guess. Schneizel, the last remaining obstacle in Lelouch's plans (what ever they may be.)

There is one more question. Schneizel be "end boss," but is he really evil? Or is Lelouch the one that is going to be a problem? He still has Geass, and he still uses it to get what he wants. What will this battle result in? The conclusion is only four episodes away now! Buckle your seatbelts, it is going to be a bumpy ride!

10/10
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:33   Link #467
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
There is one more question. Schneizel be "end boss," but is he really evil? Or is Lelouch the one that is going to be a problem?
I don't really think that "Good and Evil" are the right words to be using.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:33   Link #468
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Hero View Post
Wouldn't that make her happy though?
Her hopes of a living breathing cheese-kun have been crushed.
No, no. She was initially told that it would turn everybody into pizza, but then found out that it wouldn't. THAT was why she turned on them.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:33   Link #469
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
I don't really think that "Good and Evil" are the right words to be using.
I know that. But who is more of a jerk is what I should have said.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:33   Link #470
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, Jack, I'm not really sure about Monica and Nonette. They do side with the Emperor, who is Lelouch, but they are loyal to Schneizel as well...though Monica I have doubts about. Nonette...don't know. She's never spoken and hasn't had a minute of screen time. We also know that Anya and probably Dorothea are going to be on Lelouch's side.
Old 2008-08-31, 14:35   Link #471
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Lelouch probably did some research in a Month about FLEIA. Those Grunts at the ending doesn't seem like grunts. I mean look at the Costume they have masks now. I hope it isn't just for the looks.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:35   Link #472
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I know that. But who is more of a jerk is what I should have said.
Basicly, it's Weapons of Mass Destruction versus Magical Powers. Their both big time jerks.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:39   Link #473
JackRydden224

Quote:
Well, Jack, I'm not really sure about Monica and Nonette. They do side with the Emperor, who is Lelouch, but they are loyal to Schneizel as well...though Monica I have doubts about. Nonette...don't know. She's never spoken and hasn't had a minute of screen time. We also know that Anya and probably Dorothea are going to be on Lelouch's side.
Is that something from one of the games? Because after all, we really don't know much about Nonette and Monica's character from the series itself.

As for Gino, I think he has to pick between the lesser of two evils...
Old 2008-08-31, 14:40   Link #474
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

HOLY !(@#&!@$*@#$^#@$@#$(@!

That was one mind-screwing episode. I don't mind the fast pace (actually, I like it - must be from watching too many dragging dramas). Lelouch and Suzaku are finally teaming up, and the return of Spinzaku-ness! I think Schneizel thinks that Lelouch will finally be destoryed by his Geass, or that he can take over Britannia with the 'help' of the OoBK.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:43   Link #475
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Ok i have different feelings about this episode.. I kinda hate it cus its just all going too fast. I mean it would have been great if they actually took 2 episodes to explain all this instead of just one. I still don't get the stuff about c.c's world and jupiter being god.

Also now is lelouch going to be fighting the black knights or are they simply going to join him. Where was Orange during all this? It was a good episode tough. I give it a 7/10
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:45   Link #476
superzombie23

I thought the pace of the last episode was really fast, but I didn't notice the pace at all while watching this one. It was great and worthy of a 10. Still, I thought Marianne got killed off pretty fast, but overall all the realizations were very good and backed up well. The whole episode was pretty much inside the World of C and not jumping all over the place, so it's good. If everything was explained, the series wouldn't be good.
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:46   Link #477
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Is that something from one of the games? Because after all, we really don't know much about Nonette and Monica's character from the series itself.

As for Gino, I think he has to pick between the lesser of two evils...
Nonette is the only Rounds other than Suzaku, of course, to be in the games. In them, she's upbeat and cheery, and this is what causes Cornelia to fear her- she's very, very outgoing whereas Cornelia is stern and thorough. She feels uncomfortable around her.

As for Monica and Dorothea, they're anime exclusive.
Old 2008-08-31, 14:46   Link #478
ScudFace

I've never felt so ambivalent about a show before. On one hand I have to agree with the people who say that the show had lost its plot cohesiveness and that the geass spamming is undermining S1's challenges and triumphs. But on the other hand its also quite entertaining, like watching a massive 100 car pile-up unfold on the highways (yes, im evil)...
Does this ep deserve a 1 or a 10?? I cant decide, but its definately not in between.
ScudFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 14:47   Link #479
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_justice View Post
Ok i have different feelings about this episode.. I kinda hate it cus its just all going too fast. I mean it would have been great if they actually took 2 episodes to explain all this instead of just one. I still don't get the stuff about c.c's world and jupiter being god.

Also now is lelouch going to be fighting the black knights or are they simply going to join him. Where was Orange during all this? It was a good episode tough. I give it a 7/10
Yea, this episode is pretty damn overwhelming, I had to watch it twice before I can get my head around it.

Lelouch's action as the Emperor will decide what the BKs will do. You have to remember that the BKs had no intention about taking over the world, just Japan, so if Lelouch leaves Japan alone I don't see why the BKs need to be involved in anything.

Orange was probably searching for Lelouch and now he doesn't have to anymore.
Old 2008-08-31, 14:47   Link #480
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Ah...so Anya was merely a girl at the wrong place at the wrong time at the palace for ettitique lessons? That's....anti-climatic with everyone so sure that she was Lelouch's sister.

Lelouch spamming his geass makes me nervous, like it will bite him in the ass one more time. NO MORE SPAMMING, LELOUCH!!

Did anymore lol at Suzaku's "Yep, that's me, bitches" expression when he was announced as Knight of Zero?
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote