AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-24, 15:54   Link #21
ArchEnemy

Well I don't know what so many people are complaining about. How can anyone be surprised that the anime censored the violence from the manga when they've been doing it all along? Yeah the HM scenes were boring, but the FKT scenes were cool in my opinion. Additionally, if flashbacks are necessary to make sure the anime doesn't run through the manga chapters too fast, then I'm all for it. I would rather watch a couple flashbacks each episode than have to watch more crappy filler episodes that aren't derived from the manga. Overall, I'd say this episode was decent.
Old 2010-08-24, 15:58   Link #22
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchEnemy View Post
Well I don't know what so many people are complaining about. How can anyone be surprised that the anime censored the violence from the manga when they've been doing it all along? Yeah the HM scenes were boring, but the FKT scenes were cool in my opinion. Additionally, if flashbacks are necessary to make sure the anime doesn't run through the manga chapters too fast, then I'm all for it. I would rather watch a couple flashbacks each episode than have to watch more crappy filler episodes that aren't derived from the manga. Overall, I'd say this episode was decent.
They haven't been censoring anything really. I mean they mostly added on to it. The gave us extra details that wern't in the manga. For instance in the Ulquirra saga Yammy's arrow did nothing, but in the anime he got stabbed. So that isn't censoring. Nothing is ever censored when it comes to Bleach. In fact more blood is added to Bleach.
Old 2010-08-24, 16:02   Link #23
ArchEnemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
They haven't been censoring anything really. I mean they mostly added on to it. The gave us extra details that wern't in the manga. For instance in the Ulquirra saga Yammy's arrow did nothing, but in the anime he got stabbed. So that isn't censoring. Nothing is ever censored when it comes to Bleach. In fact more blood is added to Bleach.
You know what I mean. A lot of the violence in the Anime has been watered down.
Old 2010-08-24, 16:08   Link #24
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
You know what I mean. A lot of the violence in the Anime has been watered down.
You say theyy have been censoring for awhile. Is this for Bleach because I think Bleach has lots and lots of violence. Where in the heck did you get the idea they were censoring. Uncensoring is more like it.

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-08-24 at 16:24.
Old 2010-08-24, 16:24   Link #25
ArchEnemy

Quote:
Is this for Bleach because I think Bleach has lots and lots of violence. Where in the heck did you get the idea they were censoring. Uncensoring is more like it.
Maybe I'm blind, but in chapter 377 of the manga it looks like...

Spoiler for Hiyori:
Old 2010-08-24, 16:28   Link #26
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Maybe I'm blind, but in chapter 377 of the manga it looks like...

Spoiler for Hiyori:
Oh now I just rembered something Viz did a lot of the uncensoring not TV Tokyo.
Old 2010-08-24, 16:41   Link #27
ArchEnemy

Quote:
Oh now I just rembered something Viz did a lot of the uncensoring not TV Tokyo.
oh really? i was unaware of that.
Old 2010-08-24, 16:47   Link #28
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
oh really? i was unaware of that.
Oh yea for instance TV Tokyo censored how Aizen stabbed Momo, but Viz actually takes out the censor. Viz and AS does a lot uncensoring for anime.
BTW Hiyori got stabbed on the manga and got stabbed in the anime.
Other than that your good.
Old 2010-08-24, 16:58   Link #29
TheRime

I loved how Hiyori's pissed that Aizen made her "hurt her friends," right after a montage of her kicking said friends in the face.
Old 2010-08-24, 17:04   Link #30
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I would rather watch a couple flashbacks each episode than have to watch more crappy filler episodes that aren't derived from the manga.
Personally I'd love an AO arc right about now...
Old 2010-08-24, 17:16   Link #31
Erenflight

Quote:
BTW Hiyori got stabbed on the manga and got stabbed in the anime.
I thought Hiyori got well and truly sliced into two in the manga. I seem to remember seeing Hiyori's top half in Shinji's arms and her legs off dangling out of some rubble somewhere else.

I wouldn't classify that as being 'stabbed'

On another note, the animation team do a lot of censoring. For example, they edited Halibel's release so it didn't expose quite so much boob, they censored Rangiku getting a chunk torn out of her, and they censored Ishida's arm getting ripped off by Ulquiorra. Weirdly enough, they didn't censor Ulquiorra's arm getting torn off by Ichigo. Hmmm
Old 2010-08-24, 17:25   Link #32
Gin
*Artist

Likewise, I am fairly certain that Hiyori was sliced in two by Gin. I'm not sure where secretfan gets his info, but he should probably get another source.
Old 2010-08-24, 17:33   Link #33
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Likewise, I am fairly certain that Hiyori was sliced in two by Gin. I'm not sure where secretfan gets his info, but he should probably get another source.
That wasn't a source I just remember in the manga on One Manga she got stabbed by Gin's ginzo. Then again I could have been looking at it wrong back then. I normally get info from youtube but I try to stay away a lot, but sometime I end up having too, because it is hard to find. I don't know were a lot of others get there info from, but I wish I did.
Old 2010-08-24, 18:00   Link #34
Erenflight

Well, we don't know if she's dead yet. The bleach wikia puts her status as "Incapacitated"

You'd think that getting sliced in half would be a pretty sure way of getting yourself killed, but perhaps not. She did manage to squeeze out a few words to Shinji just afterwards.

Umm, bear with me a sec, Secretzfan, but I'm not entirely sure what you're proving there ...
Unless you're proving that yes, Shinji would be ideal at fielding in rounders. If he can catch half a human from a fair distance, I'm sure he could catch a cricket ball.
That's the kind of player I want on my team!

Last edited by Erenflight; 2010-08-24 at 18:02. Reason: Ah, spoilers, not sure, haven't seen ep.
Old 2010-08-24, 18:09   Link #35
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenflight View Post
Well, we don't know if she's dead yet. The bleach wikia puts her status as "Incapacitated"

You'd think that getting sliced in half would be a pretty sure way of getting yourself killed, but perhaps not. She did manage to squeeze out a few words to Shinji just afterwards.

Umm, bear with me a sec, Secretzfan, but I'm not entirely sure what you're proving there ...
Unless you're proving that yes, Shinji would be ideal at fielding in rounders. If he can catch half a human from a fair distance, I'm sure he could catch a cricket ball.
That's the kind of player I want on my team!
But she didn't get sliced half, but what I am looking at. Gin speeds out Ginzo then you see some darkness next thing you know Hiyori is falling down not in half just with a wound like in the anime except the anime didn't darken it.
Old 2010-08-24, 18:17   Link #36
Erenflight

Quote:
But she didn't get sliced half, but what I am looking at. Gin speeds out Ginzo then you see some darkness next thing you know Hiyori is falling down not in half just with a wound like in the anime except the anime didn't darken it.
Well, if Hiyori wasn't sliced in half, whose legs are they, just floating around in the sky at the top of page 14?

I know that Kubo sometimes draws some wacky stuff (Pumpkin Espada comes to mind) but I didn't think he would draw some phantom legs walking about of their own volition.

Direct Quote from Bleach Wikia:
"Before she realizes it, Hiyori's body is severed at the waist by Gin Ichimaru's Shikai, and goes into shock as she sees the bottom portion of her body fall behind the top half. Shinji screams to Hiyori and immediately catches the top half of her as she falls."

Anyway, I have more pressing matters to attend to. Like my bed. Night all
Old 2010-08-24, 18:32   Link #37
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Quote:
Look dude

Maybe her legs just got cut off, but other than that her body is still in tact.
You must be the most blind person in the world or your just pulling our chain here since you can see clearly at the top of page 14 that she was cut at the waist.

Last edited by ElvenPath; 2010-08-24 at 18:48. Reason: Removed link.
Old 2010-08-24, 18:33   Link #38
Gin
*Artist

1) No linking to licensed material.
2) The very first page you you linked to shows Hiyori legs clearly unattached to her torso.
3) Gin's zanpakuto isn't called Ginzo.
You do know that there is more than one way for someone to be cut in half right? (Horizontally and Vertically)
Old 2010-08-24, 18:38   Link #39
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
1) No linking to licensed material.
2) The very first page you you linked to shows Hiyori legs clearly unattached to her torso.
3) Gin's zanpakuto isn't called Ginzo.
You do know that there is more than one way for someone to be cut in half right? (Horizontally and Vertically)
Yea, but you guys sounded like you were talking about her entire body, but her body was still in one piece just with no legs. The anime didn't really censor that since first the legs are hard to see in the first place then there flying. I am not even sure there legs anymore so yea that is a common error not a censor.
Old 2010-08-24, 18:48   Link #40
Gin
*Artist

These are the two ways someone can be cut in half, I will omit the diagonals because that will probably just confuse you more.

This is what happened in the manga.
Spoiler for :

How is that unclear? I don't see why you are trying to argue about this. You are wrong, plain and simple.