AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-06-08, 09:04   Link #521
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Learn the English language with Hanazawa Kana.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...wa-in-3ds-game
Old 2013-06-08, 10:32   Link #522
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They should do the same for leaning japanese. Would buy it in a heartbeat.
Old 2013-06-08, 16:08   Link #523
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They should do the same for leaning japanese. Would buy it in a heartbeat.
You can sign me up as another buyer. Hanazawa Kana's voice is one of my Kryptonites
Old 2013-06-08, 16:49   Link #524
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You can sign me up as another buyer. Hanazawa Kana's voice is one of my Kryptonites
Sign me up too

Hell she can cheer me on in broken engrish I don't care!!
Old 2013-06-08, 22:03   Link #525
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Learn the English language with Hanazawa Kana.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...wa-in-3ds-game
Sorry to disappoint all of you fellow HanaKana fans but...

From the article (and the video on the page):
Quote:
(Hanazawa does not voice the English-speaking portions of the exercises)
Old 2013-06-13, 11:01   Link #526
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...mi-passes-away

Another legendary voice actor passes away. I liked his powerful and manly voice.

RIP.
Old 2013-06-25, 05:38   Link #527
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Tanaka Rie has decided to stop twittering probably because of that "incident" last week

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4483731.html
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 05:43   Link #528
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I only read a couple of bits about that incident. Is there any evidence Tanaka was the intended target? Any motive?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 05:45   Link #529
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Atleast 2 eyewitnesses who were in the event tweeted that the man yelled out for Tanaka Rie.
As for the motive, there are speculations about it but nothing is really sure.
Some rumours say that the man was a fan of Tanaka Rie and ended up doing crazy things after she got married last year
Old 2013-06-25, 07:58   Link #530
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

That's the sort of thing that worried me. Is this type of extreme reaction to female seiyuu and other performers' personal lives limited to a few Japanese otaku, or is it more widespread? Does it occur among both genders? Are performers on ordinary live-action shows also targets? It's been decades since I was an adolescent, but I don't recall hearing similar stories about fans in the US. Stars like Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor went through a number of husbands. I don't remember them being subjected to the kinds of abuse Hirano went through for admitting she had a sex life. (Yes, some of it she might have brought on herself, but mostly I blame the fans.) Tanaka Rie is 34 years old, for goodness sake.
Old 2013-06-25, 08:03   Link #531
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Well it does happen sometimes.
Like a few years ago Kadowaki Mai got death threats from a fan and i am sure at some point Tomatsu Haruka and Toyosaki Aki also got some threats after the public knew that they possibly had an affaire with some male.
There are also news about popular seiyuu's being stalked and i am sure this is only the tip of the iceberg

Last edited by hyl; 2013-06-25 at 08:07. Reason: several typos
Old 2013-06-25, 11:16   Link #532
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tanaka Rie has been one of my favorites for a few years now. Good voice, nice range, pretty. Oddly around my own age. It is good that she got married. First heard her as Yomi in Azumaga Daioh which caught my interest. Though her evil voice is really sexy for some reason. She has a delicious evil laugh.

Hopefully she will continue on. She's too good at this to lose to rabid fans.
Old 2013-06-25, 11:54   Link #533
Bern-san

I don't think she'll lose popularity and the person she's married to is the awesome seiyuu Yamadera Kouichi.
It's a shame that these kind of things tend to happen to female seiyuus, many male seiyuus are married with children like Mamoru Miyano or Daisuke Namikawa but you don't see anything bad happening to them.

The concept of idols in Japan where they have to be pure and all that seems to make certain individuals a bit crazy.
Old 2013-06-25, 12:04   Link #534
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I don't think she'll lose popularity and the person she's married to is the awesome seiyuu Yamadera Kouichi.
It's a shame that these kind of things tend to happen to female seiyuus, many male seiyuus are married with children like Mamoru Miyano or Daisuke Namikawa but you don't see anything bad happening to them.

The concept of idols in Japan where they have to be pure and all that seems to make certain individuals a bit crazy.
The wife of Miyano Mamoru did get some death threats and some other unpleasant messages when it was announced that they were already married
Old 2013-06-25, 12:15   Link #535
Bern-san

First time I heard about it to be honest but again, the threatened one was the woman not Miyano
Old 2013-06-25, 17:08   Link #536
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Oh wow...Namikawa's married and a daddy? I bet he's probably a fun dad and husband

This is really insane though; I mean....do these fans seriously think that these actors are going to be like the characters that they play or something? As someone said, you don't hear this sort of thing happen in the US too often...only similar incident I've heard of is the Beliebers sending death threats to Selena Gomez....but this seems like it's a Japanese thing.

I mean, most of the actors that voice all of these characters are probably in their late 20s/early 30s right? It's pretty inevitable that most more likely got to have families of their own or in relationships(or both).
Old 2013-06-25, 17:44   Link #537
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

There are quite a few seiyuu in their late teens and early twenties and thus not much, if at all, older than their fans. Hirano was 19 when she voiced Haruhi. Some prodigies like Yuuki Aoi were younger than that when they first gained recognition. Aoi-chan was 16 when she voiced Kuhouin Murasaki in Kurenai, but she had appeared on television at a much younger age. Tomatsu Haruka started voicing supporting roles at 17; a year later she played Lala in To Love-Ru.
Old 2013-07-03, 02:38   Link #538
Tenzen12

When you mentioned Kure-nai there is one actress who started even younger. Myuki Sawashiro who lent her voice to shinkurou (male harem lead) started when she was 5.

But that's hardly common.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 10:32   Link #539
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:

Speaking of marriage, Ryouko Shiraishi announce her divorce to her husband after a few months living together.

If they want to marry, they should do it seriously instead of a whim. Well, look what happened between Minami Takayama and Gosho Aoyama. It's just a gimmick for them.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 08:30   Link #540
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
I don't think you understood the situation, because initially one of the most talked about issue was Yamadera Kouichi is nearly old enough to be Tanaka Rie's father (Yamadera is 52, Tanaka Rie is 34) and on top of which Yamadera really racks in the money because he is half a celebrity hosting TV shows and stuff like that - that actually got a lot of the horrible gossips flying around about how Tanaka Rie was a gold-digging whore. In fact the Yamadera/Tanaka marriage is probably one of the more controversial seiyuu marriage in the past few years.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote