AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-16, 12:42   Link #61
Bob from Walmart

The reason to why i think it's called bleach is because of the story. Bleach removes colour from clothes so it can be used as an analogy when compared to Spirits being removed from their body, in a way making them hollow and colourless.

But really im not sure, maybe the creator was doing some laundry at the time and saw some Bleach while in writters block about the name.
Old 2006-02-16, 22:10   Link #62
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from Walmart
The reason to why i think it's called bleach is because of the story. Bleach removes colour from clothes so it can be used as an analogy when compared to Spirits being removed from their body, in a way making them hollow and colourless.

But really im not sure, maybe the creator was doing some laundry at the time and saw some Bleach while in writters block about the name.
OMG. I had an epiphany while this.....

Spoiler for manga refrences:
Old 2006-02-16, 22:48   Link #63
porchoky

imo the main reason if there is one, probably is the hollow/spirit thing, but i think its just one of those shows with a random word as the title that sort of relates but not relaly. (like Touch or something?)
Old 2006-02-17, 00:51   Link #64
Bob from Walmart

Ya, i think bleach is too symbolically similar to the actual story to be a coincidence. Bleach - Takes colour away from clothes, Colour can also be the main source and identity of that clothing sometimes. Just like an analogy it fits quite well IMO, Souls being taken away from bodies and or the person not being the same and turning into a hollow, which evidently a hollow has no colours that i've noticed so far.

But then again Black and White has been used in the Bleach show so often for obvious Back Flashes of the past, Hollows or something thats mysterious, and even the Uniforms of the Death gods.

And does anyone know if its actually possible for me to download episodes of bleach from limewire?
Old 2006-02-18, 12:28   Link #65
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
<.<; i thougth because of Ichigo's hair, it looks like its bleached
Old 2006-02-18, 12:57   Link #66
acidflower

Ok. This HAS been answered over 200x. So, let me answer it the 201st time.

It's because Kubo Tite was a big fan of Nirvana, and they released a new album called Bleach or something. So he named the anime after it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone?

edit: if you download bleach using limewire, people like that should be shot and hung.
Old 2006-02-18, 17:00   Link #67
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidflower
Ok. This HAS been answered over 200x. So, let me answer it the 201st time.

It's because Kubo Tite was a big fan of Nirvana, and they released a new album called Bleach or something. So he named the anime after it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone?

edit: if you download bleach using limewire, people like that should be shot and hung.
im not saying you are wrong, but I cant say that you are right either......because no one really knows for sure. It's all up for grabs, as for the Nirvana theory I have heard it like 200 times.

and Ichigo's hair is not bleached. I think we talked about this in the first couple of posts on this thread...
Old 2006-02-18, 17:12   Link #68
lavielove

Tite Kubo was just lurking around his washing machine before he prepared those two mangas,zoombie powder and bleach.
Old 2006-02-19, 14:41   Link #69
UberDork

Bleach you can use to clean something and he went to the other dimension to clean some dirth!!!

You guys ever thought of that one???
Old 2006-02-19, 15:27   Link #70
Grees
Ehhh

All shinigami's wear the same outfit all the time, so they must clean their clothes more often, hence Bleach.
Old 2006-02-25, 17:49   Link #71
Dr.Ozzie

So I'm just scanning this thread, right, and I'm finding it very hard to believe that no one has suggested the following:

Bleach makes things white.
White is the traditional Japanese color of death.

That, in combination with the creator's Nirvana fanship and the seemingly-artificial color of Ichigo's hair, which results in a big part of his personality, gives the title multiple layers of significance to the show and its creator.

Knowing that, the idea that the title could be completely random is ludicrous, and I think it's a misguided Devil's Advocacy that's keeping some stubborn individuals arguing from that stance. No one does that. Do you think you'd work for years on a huge creative project, something very important to you, and then give it a random title just to mess with people?
Old 2006-02-25, 18:48   Link #72
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Ozzie
Do you think you'd work for years on a huge creative project, something very important to you, and then give it a random title just to mess with people?

This happens more often then I think you know...

Fukuda did it with Gundam SEED...He wanted the series to start with an "S" and came up with Multiple S-names like STRIKE, SIN, etc...He went with SEED because he thought Americans would (for some inexplicable reason) like that name more...That's why SEED is a stupid acronym aswell and during the course of 2 series has never been explained in any depth whatsoever...

sCRYed is another title that I still have no clue to why the series is named that way and have asked many times and have still yet to get a resonable response...

There are more titles too...Anime tends to have alot of series that make you double take from the title...BLEACH is no different...While I think your opinion is indeed ineteresting it doesn't trump many of the other opinions here...

BLEACH still has yet to have a definitive explanation...Seemingly it can be alot of different things, but I do agree that it isn't random...
Old 2006-02-25, 18:56   Link #73
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Because it sounds better than Cheese.
Old 2006-02-26, 18:53   Link #74
Dr.Ozzie

Well, that's pretty interesting. I didn't realize that some people really did that. It still seems to me that most titles--sCRYed, for instance--could be picked apart a little more. Titles of things tend to be some of the most important clues to the themes thereof.
Old 2006-02-27, 16:11   Link #75
Dionysus
Ichigo VS Hitsugaya plz

Ghosts are white, Bleach turns stuff white.

Possibly named out of cornyness
Old 2006-02-28, 11:30   Link #76
d3v4st4t10n
DeVaStAte

Send a message via AIM to d3v4st4t10n
well, these are all theories. We'll never know the truth until the author tells us xD
anyway, I prefer to leave it a mystery. The World would just be too boiring if we knew all the truths of this world ;D
Old 2006-03-04, 21:37   Link #77
Astrologica

Send a message via MSN to Astrologica Send a message via Yahoo to Astrologica
When I finished watching the first episode I ran for my dictionary to know what "bleach" meant. (Non-native english speaker...)
And I thought that shinigami were the "bleach of the world", keeping our side white pure of those stains (hollows/ghosts) XD

Now after reading this I don't know what to think.
Old 2006-03-15, 08:20   Link #78
MajesticXII

I agree with white which is the color of death being the reason of naming the anime Bleach...

But about the other theories,if you have black hair and you bleach them you make them orange??? I think not they get blonde and then white if you overdo it.

If its true then im going to cut some of my hair and bleach it to see what happens
Old 2006-03-19, 17:52   Link #79
Whitewind

I like the name bleach for the title because its original, rather than having it named after the main character of the anime. =o. You all should know what im referring to. Plus, the title bleach having the not so coincident connections with the anime is also a plus.
Old 2007-02-20, 18:57   Link #80
Neo Tensa Zangetsu

Question

how did Kubo Tite (creator) ever come up with Bleach as the name for his anime

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-02-20 at 20:39. Reason: It's not that he didn't read the thread. He just didn't find the thread at all. Merged!
Closed Thread