Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-18, 17:54   Link #821
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana View Post
I just finished chapter 2 and am about 7 hours in.. This game is great ^.^ And I wonder if Monster Monpiece will really be released tomorrow..
Sadly, it looks like the game has been delayed.
Old 2014-02-19, 00:02   Link #822
Hana
izumi

Yeah.. I blame PSN for giving me false hope! You would think someone would fix the date on the official PSN page.. right?

I'm on Chapter 6 now of Dangan Ronpa. WHO NEEDS SLEEP?! Have to say it's been a great ride. All these cases have my head spinning.. One of the better detective games I played in a while. I really wanna get to the School Life mode for more of the relationships aspect..
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 00:42   Link #823
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

My local store still hasn't gotten Danganronpa yet. What the actual fuck?

Btw, how is that Toukiden? I was kinda worry that being the first in the series, the number of boss monster will be limited and there won't be much replayability.
Old 2014-02-19, 00:57   Link #824
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just got my copy of Danganronpa today and put a few hours into it. Can definitely feel that I'm going to enjoy (well as much as one can) this game. Not regretting the choice to just skip the anime to play through this version.
Old 2014-02-19, 01:42   Link #825
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
My local store still hasn't gotten Danganronpa yet. What the actual fuck?

Btw, how is that Toukiden? I was kinda worry that being the first in the series, the number of boss monster will be limited and there won't be much replayability.
Just order Danganronpa online then. I would download Toukiden's demo to get a feel for the game, I did and it's not really new stuff for me. God Eater, Ragnorok Odyssey, Monster Hunter are some other games I've played that are quite similar to this.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 23:47   Link #826
Hana
izumi

Niceeeeee Ragnarok Odyssey Ace got a released date for April 1. Lots of nice titles in April as well.. can't wait!
Old 2014-02-28, 16:11   Link #827
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Pavilion trailer shows PlayStation “fourth-person puzzler”

Quote:
It’s a “fourth-person” game because players are not in control of the main character, studio founder Henrik Flink explained. “Instead, you have to find different ways — mostly through environmental interaction — to guide, influence or even force him to explore and fulfill the purpose of the world.”

Also for the PS4.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 12:05   Link #828
Hana
izumi

Project Diva F comes out today! Anyone else picking it up? ^.^
Old 2014-03-08, 02:32   Link #829
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Galak-Z: The Dimensional coming to PS Vita

Quote:
“As we designed Galak-Z, we realized a funny thing — we kept building onto one main level rather than adding new levels,” Joshi said. “Typically, we’d be building new levels left and right to express new gameplay concepts, but with Galak-Z, we were focused on how each new enemy, trap, plant, and weapon fit into the mix. So we kept mushing them together in one big level. It was glorious, and it was known as ‘the cave.’”
Old 2014-03-09, 03:12   Link #830
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

I got my PSvita just to play Dangan Ronpa, I played the fan translation on PSP and loved it.
I would have got the system regardless if DR didn't come out on it anytime soon, it was just that I heard it was announced and I was like "RIGHT, I NEED IT!" and I don't regret it. Very good hanheld.

Just wish people didn't mock it for silly reasons.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 03:41   Link #831
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I won't say silly reason, when it's actually doing bad in the west. Regardless, recently there are a lot of localization announcement for niche titles (Danganronpa being one of them, and Demon Gaze being another that I'm buying) made me quite happy, and they even have plan for the localization of the next Danganronpa.

To this point, the Vita is an indie and an otaku device. Not like I'm complaining, though.
Old 2014-03-09, 15:33   Link #832
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Even as an Otaku device, it is still underwhelming.
Despite the investment due to the device and the premium storage medium, we hardly have more than a dozen of good games that aren't port/remake.

Add the fact most games on the vita don't really exploit the handheld properties (felt like playing console games on the go, instead of real handheld games) nor its spec, you have a very bad formula.

No wonder why Sony was blatantly trying to bring more MH clones. Even so, the Vita isn't faring well in Japan either.
The vita is the blatant example of a good hardware without enough (good) games.
Old 2014-03-09, 16:58   Link #833
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

But why though? Don't developers like more powerful hardware? Plus I don't recall hearing the Vita being hard to develop for like the PS3...

Unless this is one of those chicken or egg situation where they're waiting for a bigger install base, but a bigger install base wouldn't come without better software?
Old 2014-03-09, 17:35   Link #834
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As far as I can see with the vita, it is a mixture of several factors:

1) There isn't any major "must buy" title that is exclusively on the Vita that would warrant the purchase of the device for the average joe.
Whereas you can attract people on home console with exclusive titles or multi platform sellers (GTA etc), handheld consoles need games that are more "universally" appealing in my books, which is even more true due to the plaguing popularity of smartphone games.
The 3DS have the DS library as well as a lot of very specific games that are hardly present on any other platform.

The Vita? it was a utter joke during its release: developers played too safe, expecting the brand name and the PSP library would carry the Vita on a good pace. Problem is that the PSP UMD system basically screwed up this premise, by forcing people to buy again the same games they had, and Sony's efforts for their UMD => Digital games passport was absolutely lacking.

Not only that, but the Vita exclusive games were nothing special, save perhaps Gravity Rush, but that wouldn't make you buy the console.

2) Following this, it is as you said, we got a chicken and the egg syndrome: the developpers became wary of the Vita potential considering the buyers weren't too enthusiastic about that and cut corners (like making a PSP release alongside with the Vita version, which ultimately defeats the purpose of the vita). Meanwhile, customers were pretty much unimpressed by the game library and took a wait&see attitude.

I was one of them: if it wasn't for Project Diva and PSO2, I would actually ignore it altogether, because the Vita was basically a beefed up PSP. It was absolutely laughable that the recommendation lists you could have with people owning the device were mostly PSone and PSP ports.

I considered the device having a complete identity crisis at this point: it has the best spec for a true handheld console, yet it offered either PSP/PSone games or plain home console ports.
Sure, it is great you can play Persona 4 Golden on the vita, but what's the point of having a game that was already on the PS2? I for one have troubles to see the point of having RPG on a handheld console.

3) Sony's attitude was absolutely laughable.
The way how it bombed is a bit similar to the WiiU, except that while Nintendo screwed up the message behind the console (people thinking it was an add on to the wii), Sony was basically doing nothing to promote their device.
It took them months to finally realize that they need to appeal their fanbase, instead of thinking they would have everything for granted. The worst offender was how they went on the MH clones wave all too late. It was quite awkward and embarassing to see these TV ad with that infamous PR guy promoting Soul Sacrifice, God Eater 2 etc.

It is as if Sony was leaving the Vita rot, and realizing the issues only after the damage was done.
And their efforts to release the games to the west hardly help. Meanwhile, the vita is barely alive in Japan thanks to certain franchises such as Project Diva and God Eater.

I keep talking about the games, but even the device itself isn't really promoted.
The memory card is just a rip-off. Memory stick were already annoying, but Vita CM are for the latter's exclusive use, and its price is definitely overblown.
Why should we spend 70€ on a 32GB CM, whereas you buy a SD card of the same size for 40€, for your 3DS or even for other devices?
Bundles took weeks to show up, and even these were not exactly fancy. You aren't going to appeal people with just uncharted / AC etc, with again a mere 4GB MC.
What do we have now? A new Vita with pros and cons, which was released in Japan when... Pokemon and Monster Hunter were released quite recently. If that wasn't a bad timing, I don't know what it is.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-03-09 at 17:45.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 19:01   Link #835
GrimJack

Everyone should buy a Vita for Ys Memories of Celceta which is quite possibly the best action RPG I have ever played.

I love my Vita and while I have a 3DS as well the Vita gets use and will get more in another week when the port of FFX/X-2 comes out making the my vita home to VII, VIII, IX, and X/X-2
Old 2014-03-09, 19:09   Link #836
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, Vita won't be the most popular handheld but I'm getting enough use out of it to be satisfied. P4: Golden was one of my major reasons and have picked up a few games as I've been interested enough.

Will probably also turn to the Vita version for FFX since it will be a nice and different option than just playing it on the PS2.
Old 2014-03-09, 20:00   Link #837
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I'll admit that I actually use it to watch anime more than anything else. Just convert to mp4, and transfer, only takes a minute. Kind of redundant since I can just watch on my computer but I love the vibrant colors of that OLED.

Most of the games I have for it are ports.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 20:25   Link #838
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
Everyone should buy a Vita for Ys Memories of Celceta which is quite possibly the best action RPG I have ever played.
This.

I got into Ys because of it. I always wanted to try out the series but Memories of Celceta sealed the deal for me.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 21:02   Link #839
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Nippon Ichi’s Next Vita Game Turns You Into A Firefly

Just what we need. Hopefully there will be more detail soon.
Old 2014-03-11, 21:07   Link #840
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Nippon Ichi’s Next Vita Game Turns You Into A Firefly

Just what we need. Hopefully there will be more detail soon.
male or female firefly?

if male ending means you get eaten by the female firefly after sex

if female it means you get to eat the male after sex.

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv