AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-05-01, 06:10   Link #781
alanmh

Send a message via AIM to alanmh
Thanks for the wallpapers, they're rad. Can't wait for episode 5!
alanmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 06:43   Link #782
Bloodseeker

God, Mahou's episode 1 release is terrible. Even after restarting the computer, I kept having to rewind it because the video kept stalling. I went with them because they did good work with F/SN, but I think that i'm going to go with another group if the next two episodes stall.

Other than that, it was good, but the stalling really took away from it.

Also, those villagers are bunch of scared little assholes with no backbone that need to die.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 06:52   Link #783
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Fear of the unknown.. Can you blame them? Yoma = evil... anything that have yoma in them = evil.
Believe me, thats the core of most world crisis nowadays >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 06:55   Link #784
Bloodseeker

Hey KiNa, what release are you following? It doesn't stall right? I tried updating CCCP and it still stalls, and I couldn't enjoy the episode like that, so if this next episode stalls, I'm just going to delete these and look for a better group.
Old 2007-05-01, 06:56   Link #785
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
God, Mahou's episode 1 release is terrible. Even after restarting the computer, I kept having to rewind it because the video kept stalling. I went with them because they did good work with F/SN, but I think that i'm going to go with another group if the next two episodes stall.

Other than that, it was good, but the stalling really took away from it.

Also, those villagers are bunch of scared little assholes with no backbone that need to die.
Hm? I haven't watched their release, but are you sure it is not your PC that is at fault here? I haven't checked, but perhaps their releases are HD... in which case your PC may lag behind if it isn't good enough.
Old 2007-05-01, 06:58   Link #786
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hm? I haven't watched their release, but are you sure it is not your PC that is at fault here? I haven't checked, but perhaps their releases are HD... in which case your PC may lag behind if it isn't good enough.
This computer isn't great, but it handled Nyoro~n's Gurren Lagann HQ releases just fine.
Old 2007-05-01, 07:04   Link #787
Anime Online

Quote:
This computer isn't great, but it handled Nyoro~n's Gurren Lagann HQ releases just fine.
You can try out Eclipse's fansub. I'm running a 4-5 year old P4 2.8Ghz with K-Lite and have no problem with the h264 releases.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 07:13   Link #788
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
You can try out Eclipse's fansub. I'm running a 4-5 year old P4 2.8Ghz with K-Lite and have no problem with the h264 releases.
Already started downloading them.

I like to take screencaps sometimes, and there's always that chance that I might want to make an avatar, so removable subs are preferred, but I think that I'm just going to stay away from h264 for the next six months or so if I have a choice... (with the exceptions of series that I'm already following in h264, and possibly shows that might want to take a lot of screencaps of) I hear that its capable of running as smooth as avi, so maybe fansubbers will figure out the format's quirks given a bit more time.
Old 2007-05-01, 07:44   Link #789
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I'm using eclipse release.. I kinda like them after FSN .. and I am using their release for Hayate no Gotoku too ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 08:02   Link #790
eyoy
All's stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisytime View Post
I just finished ep. 3. Sorry if it was already discussed, but what was this all about:

What is this statue? Where did they get it? Why is Clare making up stories about traveling antique merchants? It's a very random thing to put in the episode. Was it explained in the manga?
after watching ep3 did you try asking yourself, "Why isnt Clare using her sword?"
eyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 08:22   Link #791
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I'm kinda a Berserk cultist myself. When I saw the first episode of Claymore, it looks really dark like Berserk. ^_^ Those that read the manga, how is the story later, it gets darker?
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 09:02   Link #792
Seska

there is a Claymore Manga section. No hard feelings
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 09:09   Link #793
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
I'm kinda a Berserk cultist myself. When I saw the first episode of Claymore, it looks really dark like Berserk. ^_^ Those that read the manga, how is the story later, it gets darker?
Secca I have PM'd you since my answer contained a decent number of (minor) spoilers. You could also browse the manga section.

However be aware that there are major spoilers there.
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 09:42   Link #794
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:

OKAY!! This is the day, Claymore number 5 goes out so Don´t spoil yourself because this is the begining of why people liked Claymore in the first Place.

You wait This episode is the one that made me cringe!! Now the plot starts for real!

Must see this one, I just hope they don`t screw it.
Defiled one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 11:25   Link #795
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Thanks, trying to get the feel where this series is going. Having only seen the first episode. ^_^

Spoiler:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 11:50   Link #796
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Just a random thought... Riyu Kosaka's music has always been produced by Naoki Maeda, of Bemani (DDR/Beatmania) fame. After listening to the ED several times, I've come to the conclusion that it's quite likely he produced Danzai no Hana as well.

Random post for today. ^^
Old 2007-05-01, 13:09   Link #797
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Just a random thought... Riyu Kosaka's music has always been produced by Naoki Maeda, of Bemani (DDR/Beatmania) fame. After listening to the ED several times, I've come to the conclusion that it's quite likely he produced Danzai no Hana as well.
I agree, Danzai no Hana has a DDR-ish sound.
Great song, let's wait for the full version^^

by the way, if somehone has missed them, here are the links to 3 more official wallpapers (of course, all of them are no-spoiler) ^^

http://mj.shueisha.co.jp/wall/img/wall36-lg.jpg
http://mj.shueisha.co.jp/wall/img/wall25-lg.jpg
http://mj.shueisha.co.jp/wall/img/wall11-lg.jpg
Claymore_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 13:20   Link #798
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
I'm using eclipse release.. I kinda like them after FSN .. and I am using their release for Hayate no Gotoku too ^^
ahh so you did take my advice and started to get hooked as well
Quote:
Thanks, trying to get the feel where this series is going. Having only seen the first episode. ^_^

Spoiler:
quite a cracker for a first ep i must say...and its probably the reason why i was so captivated by this unique series after overlooking it and thinking of nothing...how foolish i was

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 13:29   Link #799
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoy View Post
after watching ep3 did you try asking yourself, "Why isnt Clare using her sword?"
You should at least put a spoiler tag on it.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 14:32   Link #800
IMSabbel

Quote:
Already started downloading them.

I like to take screencaps sometimes, and there's always that chance that I might want to make an avatar, so removable subs are preferred, but I think that I'm just going to stay away from h264 for the next six months or so if I have a choice... (with the exceptions of series that I'm already following in h264, and possibly shows that might want to take a lot of screencaps of) I hear that its capable of running as smooth as avi, so maybe fansubbers will figure out the format's quirks given a bit more time.
You have an amazing ability to deny the possibility of anything on your side to be at fault..
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote